Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2014
frozen continent dweller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 6, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

So much for the global warming theory
BIG picture

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 6, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

frozen continent dweller wrote:
So much for the global warming theory
Isolated incidents can`t discount the reality of climate change. Despite freezing weather , the Earth is heating up , overall. To believe otherwise is simply right wing denial , fueled by politics. Small samples are not the best way to judge long-term consequences.
UhHuh

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 7, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Saw on the news that Siberia is experiencing extreme warmth right now. You can't just look out your back door.
Jerry from La Quinta

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 7, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Are the global warming kooks still stuck up in the ice? did the chinese save them?
Actually

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 7, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You should check your facts before you spout off your left wing talking points. The globe has actually cooled by a few degrees over the last ten thousand years or so. Better find a new theory to spend millions of taxpayer dollars researching.
Facts speak for themselve

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 7, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Actually wrote:
You should check your facts before you spout off your left wing talking points. The globe has actually cooled by a few degrees over the last ten thousand years or so. Better find a new theory to spend millions of taxpayer dollars researching.
I think I'll go with the facts that 98% of the worlds' scientists have come up with over the ramblings of a few rightwing religious zealots.
Ralphy

Milford, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 7, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jerry from La Quinta wrote:
Are the global warming kooks still stuck up in the ice? did the chinese save them?
SHHHHH. Or ol barack will want to pick up the tab. Green energy you know.
Three types

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 7, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

George Carlin said people fit in 3 categories : f..king stupid , f..king nuts , or full of s..t. "Actually" is full of s..t , "frozen continent dweller" is f..king stupid , "Ralphy" is f..king nuts , and "Jerry from La Quinta" fits in ALL THREE categories , nuts , stupid and full of s..t !!! LMAO!!!
George

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 7, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Facts speak for themselve wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I'll go with the facts that 98% of the worlds' scientists have come up with over the ramblings of a few rightwing religious zealots.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/07/18/what-el...

What else did the ’97% of scientists’ say?
Posted on July 18, 2012 by Barry Woods

Guest Post by Barry Woods

I wonder just how many politicians, environmentalists or scientists who use the phrase ’97% of scientists’(or those who more carefully use ‘active climate scientists’) to give weight to their arguments regarding climate change to the public, have any idea of the actual source of this soundbite.

Perhaps a few may say the ’Doran Survey’, which is the one of the most common references for this ’97% of active climate scientists’ phrase. In fact, the Doran EoS paper merely cites a MSc thesis for the actual source of this 97% figure and the actual survey.

“This was a very simplistic and biased questionnaire.”

(‘Doran Survey’ participant)

In a world where politicians (UK) went to war in Iraq based on a ‘sexed’ up dodgy dossier plagiarised from a 12 year old PhD thesis. I wonder how confident they would be lecturing the public about the need for radical decarbonising economic climate polices, if they were aware that the ’97% of active climate scientists’ quote/soundbite actually comes from a students MSc thesis, that the Doran EoS paper cites?

Here are but just a few of many responses from scientists that actually took part in the survey, taken from the appendi of the MSc thesis:

“..scientific issues cannot be decided by a vote of scientists. A consensus is not, at any given time, a good predictor of where the truth actually resides..”

“..The “hockey stick” graph that the IPCC so touted has, it is my understanding, been debunked as junk science..”

“..I’m not sure what you are trying to prove, but you will undoubtably be able to prove your pre-existing opinion with this survey! I’m sorry I even started it!..”(Doran/Zimmerman feedback)

I wonder just how many politicians or environmentalists (or scientists) that have used the phrase ’97% of climate scientists, have actually read the original source of the cited survey.

“Climate is a very complex system with many variables including sun radiation cycles, ocean temperature, and possibly other factors that we are not even aware of.

There are studies and data out there that are being overlooked by the IPCC. Ultimately, maybe we are the biggest cause or maybe we are not, but the current push of saying that human activity is the cause is interfering with an unbiased and scientific evaluation.”(Doran/Zimmerman feedback)

The Doran paper has been criticised by many sceptics in the past, where a survey of 10,256 with 3146 respondents was whittled down to 75 out of 77 “expert”’active climate researchers’(ACR) to give the 97% figure, based on just two very simplistic (shallow) questions that even the majority of sceptics might agree with. Lawrence Soloman made one of many critiques of the Doran Paper here and offers a very good summary, some other reviews here, here and here

A closer look at ‘The Consensus on the Consensus’...(cont)
Barack

Augusta, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 7, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Three types wrote:
George Carlin said people fit in 3 categories : f..king stupid , f..king nuts , or full of s..t. "Actually" is full of s..t , "frozen continent dweller" is f..king stupid , "Ralphy" is f..king nuts , and "Jerry from La Quinta" fits in ALL THREE categories , nuts , stupid and full of s..t !!! LMAO!!!
And into which category do you fit. And by the way if George is correct he fit into one of them as well.
answer

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 7, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Barack wrote:
<quoted text>
And into which category do you fit. And by the way if George is correct he fit into one of them as well.
Like you and George , I`m nucking futs !

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 7, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

frozen continent dweller wrote:
So much for the global warming theory
Shut up, please, shut up. Do you want to lose the spaceport contract to Sanderson, Texas, or Yuma, Arizona, because the damn lizard people realize how cold it is here? Wait until their check is in the bank before you say that smack.
George

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 8, 2014
 

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Junction City Forum right now

Search the Junction City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Water Restriction 7 min The Kangaroo 16
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) 9 min Chilli J 5,967
Theft in Westwood 1 hr The Kangaroo 52
Word Association (Jan '09) 19 hr Doug77 800
Lethal Injections Mon The Kangaroo 8
I vote Democrat because... Mon The Kangaroo 3
Keep a Word -- Drop a Word Game (Mar '10) Sun Hatti_Hollerand 4,699
•••
•••
•••
•••

Junction City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Junction City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Junction City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Junction City
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••