who will be the next sheriff for gear...

WHO WILL BE THE NEXT SHERIFF FOR GEARY COUNTY?

Created by County Down on Sep 2, 2010

2,792 votes

Click on an option to vote

Tony Wolf

Rudy Goetsch

Carlos Roman

Bob Story

Gary Burgess

Jeff Childs

Tim Brown

Dan Breci

Scott Johnson

Brad Clark

Since: Jul 12

Milford, KS

#311 Aug 25, 2012
When you say Deppish family who do you mean? If you are talking about Scott Deppish the step father of a Geary County Deputy then I guess you can say Deppish family. But if you are talking about Bill Deppish former Sheriff of Geary County you are once again all wet. Bill Deppish the Republican and Sheriff of Geary County for 16 years, has indorsed Deputy Tony Wolf. That is what I would call an indorsement from the Deppish Family.
greetings

Junction City, KS

#312 Aug 25, 2012
Dec212012 wrote:
Bill Deppish the Republican and Sheriff of Geary County for 16 years, has indorsed Deputy Tony Wolf.
Funny as hell when the ol` Sheriff had that Walmart greeter gig. You walk in, make eye contact, smile , nod , say hello to him , and he would ignore you ! And he was the greeter ! LMAO !!!
Say what

Junction City, KS

#313 Aug 26, 2012
Learn how to spell, Tony. It's endorse goof ball.
Dec212012 wrote:
When you say Deppish family who do you mean? If you are talking about Scott Deppish the step father of a Geary County Deputy then I guess you can say Deppish family. But if you are talking about Bill Deppish former Sheriff of Geary County you are once again all wet. Bill Deppish the Republican and Sheriff of Geary County for 16 years, has indorsed Deputy Tony Wolf. That is what I would call an indorsement from the Deppish Family.

Since: Jul 12

Milford, KS

#314 Aug 26, 2012
"Greetings" FYI He took that job so he would have health insurance for himself and his wife. Again know the facts. I guess he knows who you are!

"Say What" You got the point didn't you. Oh yes, look them up in the "dicKtionary" and you will see they are both correct. The K was put there just for you. DICK
TEST

Gardner, KS

#315 Oct 8, 2012
WAKE UP......
Curious

Gardner, KS

#316 Oct 11, 2012
Just curious how the forum went last night. I didn't get to be there. Anything new said? Thoughts? I know it is a stretch....but can we be informative without being childish? Looking for real information and informed opinions.
Unstoppable

Kansas City, KS

#317 Oct 11, 2012
The debate was pretty much a regurgitation of the previous debate. Tony Ricks reiterated that he is going to attempt accreditation through CALEA in which the initial cost has proven that it is no worth it. Tony Wolf spoke about his knowledge of how the department works through his years at the sheriff’s department and his movement up the ranks. During questioning, candidates weren’t given much time to answer the questions that were asked. Tony Ricks had several hiccups while answering questions but Tony Wolf also had a few. An example of the big hiccup was the candidates had 90 seconds to answer what qualities they thought the sheriff should posses and Ricks gave the answer “integrity, honor and communication.” About a five second answer. It just appeared that Ricks was not very prepared, but not saying that Wolf blew it out of this world either, just better prepared. I can imagine it is not that easy getting up there and talking about their ideas and vision for the department.
duh

Junction City, KS

#318 Oct 11, 2012
Wolf bombed bad. He lied on some points and spoke well on others. Ricks bombed on some questions also, but at least he spoke the truth. Ricks announced Rudy Geotch as his undersheriff and Wolf again lied about his. Everyone knows that that worthless POS Brad Clark is going to be his undersheriff. Not real sure I can trust either one for sheriff. Of the two though, I will probably go with Ricks.
Motorcyclists Beware

Junction City, KS

#319 Oct 11, 2012
duh wrote:
Everyone knows that that worthless POS Brad Clark is going to be his undersheriff.
He has a tendency to whip u-turns in front of motorcycles. Watch out !
Truth 2

Lenexa, KS

#320 Oct 13, 2012
This is the biggest bunch of liars, losers, bitches and bastards I have ever seen. You stupid idoits are twisting crap so much its just not right. I attended the forum, Wolf did not "bomb" anything! He knew what he was talking about, unlike that other guy. Lying? You guys really are drinking the kool-aid if you think that Ricks guy is so smart. He's an idiot! Let's be real, he sounds like an idoit, looks like and idoit, well he really is idoit. He said nothing of an substance that night, he had no true direction, all of the crap he spewed stunk like the turd plant on Grant Ave. I just cannot see how anyone would vote for that guy. After all I have heard about this guy there is no way I can trust a word that he says.
Wow 2

Dodge City, KS

#321 Oct 16, 2012
You sound like a very uneducated BOY ...just another HillBilly trying to get a HillBilly in office...it sounds like you live in one of the Grant Ave trailer courts ( Sorry for the smell )....dont be a hater,,you will be ok someday,,the truth does hurt sometimes and it sounds like it hurt you this time...you need to call Pawnee Mental Health,,,they will help you with ALL your problems....take care...good luck with Pawnee Mental Heath...let us know how its going...if you keep feeling like this,,,PLEASE call #911 for help...
guess again

Junction City, KS

#322 Oct 17, 2012
Dec212012 wrote:
"Greetings" FYI He took that job so he would have health insurance for himself and his wife. Again know the facts. I guess he knows who you are!
At his age he should be on medicare. If you take a job for benefits then do the damned job and GREET people, especially if they greet you first. The old soupuss doesn`t know me from Moses and I never saw him greet anybody else either. I also notice he wasn`t there very long. Even Walmart has standards.:(
Idoits

Junction City, KS

#323 Oct 17, 2012
Truth 2 wrote:
Let's be real, he sounds like an idoit, looks like and idoit, well he really is idoit.
Takes one to know one, Truth 2 , ya freakin` idoit !
hmmm

Kansas City, MO

#324 Oct 18, 2012
Its hard not to tell, but its obvious by the amount of signs in the city and county who will be the sheriff.
hmmm number two

Dodge City, KS

#325 Oct 18, 2012
All the signs are in empty lots or in rental property,,,,I am sure they vote, Good luck. I hope the sign thing makes you feel better,,at lest till Nov.6th

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#326 Oct 18, 2012
hmmm wrote:
Its hard not to tell, but its obvious by the amount of signs in the city and county who will be the sheriff.
Slumords may be rolling in the dough, but they only get one vote apiece just like their tenants. This, of course, is what has the right wing so up in arms.
whatever

Spring Hill, KS

#327 Oct 19, 2012
Does ten signs in an empty lot buy ten votes? Just curious. I also thought you had to actually have permission from the property owner PRIOR to placing a campaign sign. In the case of a rental....might be nice to check with the tenants too. Just tossing ideas out there. Come on election day! Vote for the other guy.
sam

Junction City, KS

#328 Oct 20, 2012
LOL...Tony Wolf puts sooo many signs in one yard that they are almost sitting on top of each other. We get it okay....you really only need one sign per yard guy.
Local newby

Junction City, KS

#329 Nov 6, 2012
Burgess isn't smart enough to do the job he's in now, no way he could handle Sheriff. Haven't had any dealings with Wolf so couldn't say.
mike a

Alhambra, CA

#330 Jan 23, 2014
What happened to Rudy Geotsch? I went to school with him. We were even in cub scouts. His parents were kind people. Rust has always been a good man. JC was where I grew up with good folks like Rudy and his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word -- Drop a Word Game (Mar '10) Wed Doug77 5,742
rumors of The Men MC shut down. (Apr '16) Wed You guess 51
This is why the County needs a new regime Wed The Kangaroo 6
High school remodel or build? Wed Smikey 10
Wall mural 6th and Washington Dec 6 The Kangaroo 4
kinfolk mc member a snitch! Dec 5 Just facts 7
Word Association (Jan '09) Dec 4 Honest Babe 1,343

Junction City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance