|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

slumaroo wrote:
I think you can get a part time job down at the Ihop. Might be good supplemental income so you could afford something a little nicer. Maybe stop spending so much on Liberal Bumper Stickers and double cheeseburgers for you and Lois.
Friend, I'm sorry, but you've got me confused with someone else. I don't think I've had a "double cheeseburger" since 1986 or so, myself. My bumperstickers are a labor of love. That they offend the right-wing scum seeking to destroy this country is just the gravy. They're produced by nonprofits and most I get I give to someone else. The guy who was President of our Democratic Club when we lived in the desert so loved the one I gave him that said "The Bush Legacy: Leave No Child A Dime" that he asked for another for his other vehicle which I got for him from www.northernsun.com . My housing costs work for me; I've no use for a minimansion or such because in circles that count no man is regarded for his world wealth or honors. My friend Farouk who owns the IHOPs her and in Manhattan wanted me to help out nights but I declined; too many other irons in the fire.
Concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Talked with the JCPD, they said Ed is in Miami for a late spring break....Spring Breakers!!!!!!!!!
Tax Man Cometh

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Concerned wrote:
Talked with the JCPD, they said Ed is in Miami for a late spring break....Spring Breakers!!!!!!!!!
Edwin is in deep trouble with the IRS and knows it. It will be his undoing and will probably land him behind bars. Nobody leaves here alive or owing taxes , it`s hard but fair.
Sheep Dip

Fairfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

you are on dope. get off the kool-aid.
Rat Sauce

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Sheep Dip wrote:
you are on dope. get off the kool-aid.
you are a suicidal shut-in. chug some Jonestown kool-aid.
Sheep Dip

Fairfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Rat Sauce wrote:
<quoted text>you are a suicidal shut-in. chug some Jonestown kool-aid.
you are dumb. stick your head in a toilet.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Seriously? There's no need for name-calling.
tool

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

No matter how much time they put Jordan behind bars he'll only last about 3 years before some parole board let's him go back in what ever town they release him in.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

tool wrote:
No matter how much time they put Jordan behind bars he'll only last about 3 years before some parole board let's him go back in what ever town they release him in.
That's probably so. Sex offenders whose victims are teenaged girls often fare in that manner because people don't regard the victims as believeable or sympathetic.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>That's probably so. Sex offenders whose victims are teenaged girls often fare in that manner because people don't regard the victims as believeable or sympathetic.
But.... His (Jordan's) victims weren't teenage girls.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="..."]<quoted text>
But.... His (Jordan's) victims weren't teenage girls.[/QUOTE]
How old were they?
ehhhh...

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

They (the victims) were little boys.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="ehhhh..."]They (the victims) were little boys.[/QUOTE]

How old? Chances are they wouldn't make very good witnesses in court, either. Just the facts. If it went to trial and he said they made it up a substantial part of the jury pool would believe him.
enigma

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Once served on jury trial several years ago where the pedofile chose the perfect victim. The 13 yr old boy was in a foster care situation where the defendent was a 30+ adult living at home w/ his mother (the foster parent).

There was some evidence that was not presented to the jury which probably would have drastically changed the outcome. To the meat of the matter, the boy was also schizophrenic and was under psychiatric care.

As a jury, we did not convict because there was the CHANCE the boy may have made up the accusation; ALL on the jury panel did feel as though it was very probable.

After the trial, was personally told by the DA the evidence we were not allowed to hear was the accused had moved back from some other state to his mother's because he was under indictment for molestations there as well, but had not yet been convicted.

A lot of truth to what Kangaroo has said. It is no fun being on a jury -- I still feel to this day, some 15+ years later, that I made the wrong decision and wonder how many others the guy has molested...

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

enigma wrote:
Once served on jury trial several years ago where the pedofile chose the perfect victim. The 13 yr old boy was in a foster care situation where the defendent was a 30+ adult living at home w/ his mother (the foster parent).
There was some evidence that was not presented to the jury which probably would have drastically changed the outcome. To the meat of the matter, the boy was also schizophrenic and was under psychiatric care.
As a jury, we did not convict because there was the CHANCE the boy may have made up the accusation; ALL on the jury panel did feel as though it was very probable.
After the trial, was personally told by the DA the evidence we were not allowed to hear was the accused had moved back from some other state to his mother's because he was under indictment for molestations there as well, but had not yet been convicted.
A lot of truth to what Kangaroo has said. It is no fun being on a jury -- I still feel to this day, some 15+ years later, that I made the wrong decision and wonder how many others the guy has molested...
Your experience is fairly typical. I wouldn't mind serving on a criminal case jury once in a blue moon but I don't have the time. I was once empaneled for a capital murder case but I got out of having to serve by managing to insult both assistant district attorney and defense attorneys in the fifty page legal-sized questionnaire.
Roger

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

This is some crazy stuff!
FYI

Clarkston, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

An update on the Jordan Young situation, where he is to plead guilty to the cases against him in Junction City, Kansas. The next court date was to be July 31, but the defense counsel has moved his cases to August 6, 2013 at 10:00.

“Go PACK Go!!”

Since: Dec 09

Lawrenceville, IL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

FYI wrote:
An update on the Jordan Young situation, where he is to plead guilty to the cases against him in Junction City, Kansas. The next court date was to be July 31, but the defense counsel has moved his cases to August 6, 2013 at 10:00.
Oh. O.K. Thanks.
LOL

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your experience is fairly typical. I wouldn't mind serving on a criminal case jury once in a blue moon but I don't have the time. I was once empaneled for a capital murder case but I got out of having to serve by managing to insult both assistant district attorney and defense attorneys in the fifty page legal-sized questionnaire.
If you read that quote very carefully, you will see Kangaroo claiming that he "don't have the time"...

YOU SPEND 10 HOURS A DAY ON TOPIX, IDIOT!
you can call me Mr Jones

Butte, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Today -->I'm<-- going to spend...hey wait a second...a darn good close to 10 hours TODAY mYself, we're taking an almost nonstop flight. Yep I'm going to tell everybody how to take the term "how to be invisible" to a whole new level.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,701 - 2,720 of2,834
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Junction City Forum right now

Search the Junction City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
City Manager Tenders Resignation 4 hr We are to late 4
Keep a Word -- Drop a Word Game (Mar '10) 5 hr Whiny1 4,489
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) 9 hr jefffry helms 5,752
Dick Edwards Disgraceful!! MUST READ! 12 hr Chuckling 25
drone over my place and checking my wife while ... 16 hr Officer 5
FLOTUS to give Topeka commencement speech 17 hr The Kangaroo 6
Word Association (Jan '09) 22 hr _candy - man_ 653
•••
•••
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••