#105 May 2, 2011
Anyone remember the bars on washington,
Kamille club, playboy lounge, JC bar, jacks place,
that is all i can remember
Ret Army wife in Ca

AOL

#106 May 3, 2011
Come back and visit wrote:
<quoted text>You and hubby should take a nostalgic vacation trip here. I liked your sense of humor and candor on another thread. I`d like to meet you both and give you a guided tour of your old duty station. Let me know !
That would be awesome! Will let you know when and where! Soon I hope....Thanks again!
Any time

Junction City, KS

#107 May 3, 2011
Ret Army wife in Ca wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be awesome! Will let you know when and where! Soon I hope....Thanks again!
I hope you two do. I`ll show you both a good time and would love to hear about old times here. I`m a comparative newbie, been here since `81. Let me know !
gnaines

Kansas City, KS

#108 Jul 28, 2011
Been a long time, but I remember Jerry's Pizza on 17th, Riney's DX filling station at 15th and Wash., Barton's Market on Jefferson across from Washington School (bought lots of penny candy from there); another bar on Washington was Tiger Island (Vietnam days); Hooten's gas station about 1st or 2nd and Wash.; Town Crier; Metzge's; Pla-Mor Bowl on 7th (now a dance studio); Leedie's Sundries on Washington at 17th. Lot of memories.
Blue Jay

Lawrence, KS

#109 Aug 14, 2011
Geez wrote:
used to be an old racetrack up on J Hill
In the late 50s it was called Plaza Speedway and it was quite a hot ticket!!!
tom

Leavenworth, KS

#110 Aug 15, 2011
In the 70's and 80's the speed way was still there out behind marshall field by Fort ZRiley
News

Junction City, KS

#111 Aug 15, 2011
tom wrote:
In the 70's and 80's the speed way was still there out behind marshall field by Fort ZRiley
Still there, racing fan !
It Was

Junction City, KS

#112 Aug 15, 2011
Blue Jay wrote:
<quoted text> In the late 50s it was called Plaza Speedway and it was quite a hot ticket!!!
The bee`s knees, old-timer !
Rita

Wichita, KS

#113 Jan 8, 2012
How about Peter Pan Food Store on 7th Street. One block west of Washington?
Way Back

Junction City, KS

#114 Jan 12, 2012
I remember as a kid we use to ride in the back of my dads truck in the evenings downtown washington st,going like to A/W or D/Q always hope he catch a red light so we could look at the marqui's at the junction movie theater.
Fancy

Fort Riley, KS

#115 Jan 15, 2012
Good ole champs bar on west 9th
larry selbert

AOL

#116 Mar 4, 2012
I was stationed at Ft.Riley in the mid 80's. I remember a place called valentinos pestaurant, does anyone else? Or Wildcat Motors?
PAT SOWDERS

Toledo, OH

#117 Mar 10, 2012
I lived on post and worked at GIBSONS in the late seventies. Loved the store and the job. Husband wanted to retire to Ohio.
Mikey

Junction City, KS

#118 Aug 4, 2012
Riverbend trailer court used to be really nice but is now very crappy. Apco gas station on grant. The little car wash that is now Jim Clarks used car lot on grant ave. Don coats Chevrolet. Cheap chicken and caboose chicken both on grant l&m wheel alignment with the mean lady. Lees motor mart. Vanwinkle auto. Riverside amoco. Sportscenter baitshop. Westwood quick sack remember the icees. Sonnies burgers in front of Walsh customs. Joe taylors car lot on grant. The devin family firework stand. Remember when the doodoo plant was at 18th &washington before the bridge to ft. Riley. Burger chef on Washington where street rods is they are tearing the old building down. The little building that you dropped your camara film off on 6th.it looked like a little yellow camera. Dunam and sons ready mix. G spot on grant. West acres floral. PiƱata on 18th st. Hans tae kwon do 6th and wash. Rush street waterbeds and bongs. Light fantastic. Good night junction city.
Bubba

Leavenworth, KS

#119 May 1, 2013
Good memories.

Cohens chicken,they had chicken on a tray

At one time riverbend trailer court was very nice

Dillons plaza, Liqour store,payless shoes, duckwalls, dillons, smith rexall drug, longs dept store, dicks barber shop

Ackers smokehouse, best place to play pool, learned how to play snooker there

Bluejay nest arcade

good memories, where have all the years gone.
sticky ceilings

Junction City, KS

#120 May 2, 2013
The Asian Health Spa next to Papa John`s Pizza on Grant Ave.
Bubba

Marion, IL

#121 May 2, 2013
Rush street waterbeds was originally called rushtreet station,the other head shop in town was light fantastic of east 6th. They had blacklight posters all over the walls.
Sue

Ripon, CA

#122 May 25, 2013
Jennings Market?
Nobby's Bar?
More's Grocery?
Delmonicos Night Club?

any still there?
buy me drinky

Junction City, KS

#123 May 25, 2013
Rendezvous Club and High Sierra Lounge , Grant Ave.
best

United States

#125 May 26, 2013
Peter Pan had good ice cream!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junction City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
budget host hotel 3 hr crime pays 6
Another Chamber Junk-it Trip Fri JC Football 1
Keep a Word -- Drop a Word Game (Mar '10) Fri _Zoey_ 5,710
Word Association (Jan '09) Fri Hatti_Hollerand 1,323
Election Who do you support for Governor in Kansas in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 25 Have a Koch and a... 748
News Crown Uptown brings a Hedwig home to Kansasa Aug 24 Frank 4
Kyle Kelley 66441 Aug 23 Kyle is a coward 9

Junction City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Junction City Mortgages