Female Truck Driver Attacked. Fake Cops Show Up. REWARD

Posted in the Julesburg Forum

Since: Mar 08

United States

#1 Mar 8, 2008
A $1000.00 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of several men that were involved in the (staged?) attack of a female truck driver, by a man with a knife, fake police officers that showed up at the scene,(in an older black and white police car with a flashing blue and red domed light on the dash), as well as a fake EMS medic with EMSR letters on his shirt,(in an older reddish raised-roof ambulance/van). Is this too crazy to be true? Don't bet on it. This was very real. Ask the Sheriffs office about it. But donít be surprised if they deny it. This happened in the early morning hours of Sunday, March 2, 2008, at the Flying J near Julesburg. I have more details that I can email you upon request. Email to lycanthropy59@aol.com
Bubba

Carson City, NV

#2 May 3, 2008
It's too bad the redneck, uneducated and corrupt people of that town, have to come up with "rumors" to cover up the truth. What a bunch of classless losers!

Since: May 08

Carson City, NV

#3 May 3, 2008
Of course this stuff NEVER happens in Colorado!

Police impersonator in Denver
By Joey Bunch
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 05/01/2008 06:37:46 PM MDT

The recent rash of police impersonators across the metro region has grown to include Denver. Wednesday at about 2:45 p.m. a man used a blue light on the dashboard of his white midsized car to pull over a woman at East 29th Avenue and Elm Street.

The fake cop told her she had a cracked rearview mirror and told her to follow him, police said. When the woman refused, the man got back in his car and left.

The man is described as white, about five feet, eight inches tall. He had a beard and was wearing blue overalls.

Jurisdictions across the metro region have reported police impersonators, with different suspects, in recent weeks.

On April 22, a woman was raped after a police impersonator ordered her to follow him from U.S. 287 near Nickel Street in Broomfield to a parking lot in an industrial area near near FlatIron Crossing Mall.

No arrest has been made in that case. It is not known if the two cases are related. The impersonator in that case wore a full uniform, possibly from a security company, and had a light bar on top of his white or gray car that appeared to have police markings, the woman told police.

Carson City, NV

#4 May 3, 2008
Nope, never happens here! She must have been high on drugs and it really never happened or happened in another state!!!
Broomfield detectives are searching for a police impersonator after a woman reported being sexually assaulted Tuesday by someone she believed was an officer.
The woman told police she was stopped for a supposed traffic violation near U.S. 287 and Nickel Street around 9:15 a.m., according to Broomfield police.
A white man wearing a blue or gray police uniform, police-style belt and badge took the woman's identification and returned to his car, police said. The car was described as white or gray with police markings and a light bar on the roof.
When the man returned, he told the woman there was a warrant for her arrest and she needed to follow him, according to police. The woman followed him to what police believe was the 3100 block of Industrial Lane, where she was forced into the man's car and assaulted, police said.
The woman later reported the incident to police.
"We're still early in the investigation," said Sgt. Colleen O'Connell. "We just want to get the word out in case he's out there pulling people over right now."
Police are looking for a 45- to 55-year-old man about 5 feet, 9 inches and 150 to 175 pounds. The man is thought to be clean-shaven with short, medium-blond hair and blue eyes. Police hope to release a composite sketch of the man Wednesday.
Police cautioned residents to ask for officer identification or call 911 if they have any concerns about an officer's legitimacy.

Carson City, NV

#5 May 3, 2008
Fake cop tries to pull over woman in Weld
By Kirk Mitchell
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 03/13/2008 03:27:18 PM MDT

A police impersonator apparently tried to pull over a woman driving on a rural Weld County road, but the woman called 911 and learned there were no law-enforcement officers in the area, authorities say.

The woman was driving home at 7:50 p.m. on Weld County Road 49 when a large gray sedan pulled up behind her and a red and blue rotating light on the dashboard started flashing, according to Weld County Sheriff John Cooke.

The woman was suspicious because the car was not marked and had no lights on the roof, Cooke said.

She did not stop and called 911. A dispatcher confirmed there were no law-enforcement officers in the area and the woman drove home safely, he said.

Under similar circumstances, drivers should turn on their hazard lights and drive to a well lighted and populated area. As the woman did in this case, they should call 911 to verify that the car is a legitimate law-enforcement vehicle, Cooke said.
Rocky Mountain Ears

Broomfield, CO

#6 May 10, 2008
All the cases you are citing involve only one person...only one impersonator....in the case of your truck driver you had an attacker, two good samaritans, two uniformed officers, one ambulance driver, a company representative and a dog...yes there is a problem with law enforcement impersonators...but the Julesburg case is more complex. It includes multiple witnesses who were at the scene that night and have said they saw nothing.
FarmerBear

Littleton, CO

#7 May 11, 2008
I agree with you on the other cases, but my question. Is why didn't the company representative call the company dispatcher right away? I'm pretty sure the company had a team driver nearby. Can you tell me this why didn't the two officers, ambulance driver and the good samaritans come forward? In my one year of driving with PRIME Inc. any driver who is hurt or in trouble and there is a representative nearby, thay call immediately to dispatch and request for a team driver to haul the load. The Sheriff's office in that part of the country is notorious for covering things up!
Rocky Mountain Ears

Broomfield, CO

#8 May 11, 2008
FarmerBear wrote:
Can you tell me this why didn't the two officers, ambulance driver and the good samaritans come forward? In my one year of driving with PRIME Inc. any driver who is hurt or in trouble and there is a representative nearby, thay call immediately to dispatch and request for a team driver to haul the load. The Sheriff's office in that part of the country is notorious for covering things up!
It would make sense that the rep would have called for back up in such a case....but as for the sheriff's office to cover this up....the entire staff that night at the Flying J has to be involved too....NO ONE SAW ANYTHING.....They are all chain smokers, and had to go outside to light up....They admit to spending a lot of time outside where they witnessed NOTHING. So what is there to cover up? Obviously, the only thing that they have to go on is the word of the truck driver.
FarmerBear

Littleton, CO

#9 May 12, 2008
Rocky Mountain Ears wrote:
<quoted text>
It would make sense that the rep would have called for back up in such a case....but as for the sheriff's office to cover this up....the entire staff that night at the Flying J has to be involved too....NO ONE SAW ANYTHING.....They are all chain smokers, and had to go outside to light up....They admit to spending a lot of time outside where they witnessed NOTHING. So what is there to cover up? Obviously, the only thing that they have to go on is the word of the truck driver.
I said for another team driver to haul the load not "backup". Hmmmmm........funnny with what you said about the Flying J employees, since that was never printed in the paper. You must be a real close friend with Delbert and Randy. We all know that they are not real good at investigations.
Gear Jammer

Littleton, CO

#10 May 13, 2008
FarmerBear wrote:
<quoted text>
I said for another team driver to haul the load not "backup". Hmmmmm........funnny with what you said about the Flying J employees, since that was never printed in the paper. You must be a real close friend with Delbert and Randy. We all know that they are not real good at investigations.
I agree with FarmerBear! I thought the law enforcement in our town was backass backwards. I've only stopped at the Flying J Truckstop in Julesburg only a few times, and talk about rude employees. I even got stared down by a deputy who thought he was a cowboy. To the truck driver who got beat up, our prayers are with you and your family.

Keep the petal to the metal and the bears off your tail! I'm 10-10 on the side! I'm gone bye-bye!
Rocky Mountain Eyes

Fernley, NV

#11 May 19, 2008
Nice, honest words, Gear Jammer. Too bad the people that know the truth in Julesburg, are gutless and pond scum. I still challenge anyone to prove this whole thing didn't happen. Valuable investigative time and evidence was lost. That is reflection directly on the Sheriff. Those who refuse to admit it didn't or couldn't have happened, remind me of the Duke Lacrosse rape case. Jesse Jackson jumps in and accuses the boys without any proof. We all know how that turned out. I firmly believe that those involved hope this just goes away. The longer questions go unanswered and avoided, the more it will look like a cover-up. The excuses and forced pessimistic comments from "certain" officials in Sedgwick County are unprofessional and cheap.
Rocky Mountain Eyes

Fernley, NV

#12 May 19, 2008
Rocky Mountain Ears wrote:
All the cases you are citing involve only one person...only one impersonator....in the case of your truck driver you had an attacker, two good samaritans, two uniformed officers, one ambulance driver, a company representative and a dog...yes there is a problem with law enforcement impersonators...but the Julesburg case is more complex. It includes multiple witnesses who were at the scene that night and have said they saw nothing.
Okay, you are right. I guess it's completely impossible this could have happened. What you are also right about, is that this was a much more complex case. Too complex, obviously for the Sheriff to handle. Who were the multiple witnesses? My understanding is that there was no witnesses that came forward. Interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Julesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlson's New Thriller Reflects Reality Thu LanaKerkMcCoy-Dou... 1
NE Colorado Pharmacies to Sell Feb 7 yeah right 1
Fatal house fire hits Julesburg (Jun '14) Jun '14 Concerned Citizen 1
National Guard member files complaint against s... (Jun '07) Jun '14 Linda Jones 98
Arrest made in sexual exploitation of children ... (Jul '10) Jun '14 Friends 8
Julesburg community safety (Jan '14) Jan '14 CarrOneill 1
Ovid crime prevention (Jan '14) Jan '14 MCDaniels15 1
Julesburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Julesburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:06 am PST

Bleacher Report11:06AM
Chiefs to Release TE Fasano
Bleacher Report11:49 AM
Buzz: Manning Expected to Push for Julius' Return
ESPN12:44 PM
Chiefs release veteran tight end Fasano
Bleacher Report10:03 PM
Can Osweiler Be the Broncos' Heir to Manning?
NFL 4:53 PM
Julius Thomas to leave Broncos for Jaguars or Raiders?