Joshua man held in fatal shooting

Jan 24, 2009 Full story: Fort Worth Star-Telegram 16

A 28-year-old Burleson man was fatally shot shortly before 2 a.m. Saturday after a verbal disagreement apparently escalated into a fist fight, according to Sally Ellertson, public information officer for the ...

Full Story
Burleson tx

United States

#1 Jan 24, 2009
This is a sad day for the martinez family & friends. Chris was a great friend to all who new him and a great husband to his wife and a great father to his two boys he leaves behind. I hope and pray the coward that shot chris & his wife gets every thing in life that he's ever loved taken away from him.
motherof2

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Jan 27, 2009
It is amazing that a house of people can have such little respect for their neighbors that at 2am they are disrupting families nearly a block away and when asked to quite down they decide they should be able to do as they please including KILLING an UNARMED man and injuring his wife for asking them to respect the people around them by quieting down. Families should be able to put their children to bed at night and not have to worry about them being disturbed by motorcycles and people being careless or worse being woken from bed to be told that MOMMY AND DADDY have been shot by a group of heartless people who did not want their "GOOD TIME" interrupted.
CxM

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Jan 27, 2009
Don't waste the taxpayers money on this Jack A$$ awaiting trial, an eye for an eye is the way I see it. Put bullet in him ASAP, get this trash out of here.
abc

United States

#4 Jan 27, 2009
Something has to be done. That was my family A good man, and now he is gone. I believe in the law, but what about the home owner and the girl with the killer. Why arn't they in jail also. The community has to get involved in this. We never thought this would happen to our family but it has. It can happen to you if they let the other go free.
furious

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Jan 28, 2009
I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss in the martinez family, and I can not get this off my mind, it just goes to show you how much ignorance there is in this world know matter where you live, you should be able to talk to people or ask some one to shut up with out having to die , that is so ridiculous, and yes what ever happened about the girl that was the one who got the gun to the sob. I am keeping in touch on this because I want to know what is going to happen to him, no matter what 2 little boys have lost their dad forever because he was protected his wife , I didnt know chris, but he was someone that my sister knew, and she just doesnt know what to think , it is mind blowing to her, when she recieved the call she thought that he had died from an fire or something not something like this,
Friend

AOL

#6 Jan 30, 2009
I Knew Chris very well I loved him as a Brother is was a very good man. He was also a very good FireFighter and a lovng father and husband to his wife and litte boys. I was at the funeral today I don't cry at funerals but this one i just could not help it. The service was very nice the Briaroaks Fire Dept. gave him a Full Honor Sevice his body was carry to rest by the Briaroaks fire Engine and staff along with the staff from many many Fire, Police ,and EMT Departments. It was truely standing room only Chris was Loved by so many. Me personaly I worked with him at a pest control company and we remained good friends even after he left to start his own pest control company. It is going to be so hard for fis wife and the boys. Please keep them in your prayers. I also wish that you would pray that Lord will punish this man who shot Chris. I know I should not say this but I feel that we should take him out of the jail and string him up on the court house lawn. I know that no amount of violence will bring Chris back but. this is my opinion and I am sorry if when you read this you don't think the same. P.S.
I LOVE YOU CHRIS AND I HOPE THAT I WILL SEE YOU ONE DAY IN HEAVEN I KNOW YOU ARE THERE YOU HAVE TOUCHED SO MANY LIFES.
rudy garza

San Antonio, TX

#7 Feb 3, 2009
I am Christopher's first cousin i watched him grow from a boy to a man i am proud to call a cousin and a friend i to was at the funeral and was amazed to see the turn out it was awesome to see how many lives he touched.I had always seen him as Chris my cousin not Chris the fireman ,hero,etc and will always remember his goofy laugh anyone who knows Chris Knows what im talkn about there i go again talkn about him n the present I keep doin that anyways just wanted to shed some insight on what a great person we lost that day as for the coward that did this may u go to sleep tonight with knowing u needed a gun for a fistfight.sweet dreams coward.
Aggrevated with you all

Richardson, TX

#8 Feb 4, 2009
We dont go and confornt people At 2:00 am. If they had a problem with the Harleys(which are loud)going home they should have aclled the polive to handle the situation,NOT TAKE MATTERS IN THEIR OWN HANDS, and go and start a fist fight w/him and Chris's wife start one w/ the girlfriend. Do peolpe not watch the news to begin with! Chris was a firefighter he should have known the law, in which he had no regards to at all. He thought he was a big man to be able to go and start a fight with this gentleman and now we know what the end results were, and for you people that think an eye for an eye may God have mercy on your poor little souls !!!!You cant hold things against people for self defense!!!!!!
Aggrevated with you all

Richardson, TX

#9 Feb 4, 2009
CxM wrote:
Don't waste the taxpayers money on this Jack A$$ awaiting trial, an eye for an eye is the way I see it. Put bullet in him ASAP, get this trash out of here.
Now we can see that your the trash may God have mercy on your soul
Burleson Man

United States

#10 Feb 4, 2009
Aggrevated with you all wrote:
<quoted text>Now we can see that your the trash may God have mercy on your soul
I guess you also think it's self defense when his wife was running away from him and then he chased her and shot at her three times knowing she and her husband was unarmed. No i agree this should have been handled diffrent but when you try and play god by taking someones life over a fight is defenitly not right and beleive you me he will be judged at the end of time.
Aggravated with you

Mansfield, TX

#11 Feb 4, 2009
<quoted text>Now we can see that your the trash may God have mercy on your soul
STFU, doosh bag! You shouldn't have a-holes causing disturbances in the first place. I've got a meatheaded, dysfunctional "family" living the next block over that have NO respect for their neighbors. And they are mostly retired elderly folks who have been living in the area close to fifty years, and are very peaceful. A poor old woman can't even sit out on her front porch without one of the stooges giving her grief. And the cops won't do anything about the subwoofers blasting at 11pm and later, CPS has even been called on them a couple of times too. It's a shame you can't get the landlord in trouble for renting to morons with no common sense to neighbourly etiqette. Some people are just socially numbnutted, and should live on a secluded overgrown island away from everyone else.
Old

AOL

#12 Feb 5, 2009
This cat is out on bond of 65,000 for this crime and 1000.00 for DWI. Same old thing feel sorry for the criminal stuff. How can this happen over and over. He has been beating friends and pulling guns at bars. Should not be running around.
off to easy

Hesperia, CA

#13 Feb 6, 2009
reading the news paper tobay was a bunch of crap, letting that worthless punk off so lightly.That kind of punishment shows that people these days can get away with murder and not serve the time they deserve and take what they got comming. Me personally gives Stubbs aprox 5 years or less till he is delt with like he needs. IF YOUR READING CHUMP JUST A MATTER OF TIME.
JOHN C

Dallas, TX

#14 Feb 21, 2009
One's a hero and the other is now someomes bitch!!!!!!!!!
We dont go and confornt people At 2:00 am. If they had a problem with the Harleys(which are loud)going home they should have aclled the polive to handle the situation,NOT TAKE MATTERS IN THEIR OWN HANDS, and go and start a fist fight w/him and Chris's wife start one w/ the girlfriend. Do peolpe not watch the news to begin with! Chris was a firefighter he should have known the law, in which he had no regards to at all. He thought he was a big man to be able to go and start a fight with this gentleman and now we know what the end results were, and for you people that think an eye for an eye may God have mercy on your poor little souls !!!!You cant hold things against people for self defense!!!!!!
LOVED SIS

AOL

#15 Mar 5, 2009
Firts of all self defense is not jumping in the truck and shooting a man driving away 3 times and then shooting his wife while shes running home if thats self defenise there would be alot of dying people in this world
Tiffany carman

AOL

#16 Jul 28, 2009
i loved my uncle chris he was always in my heart and he will always be it sucks because his son still cryes at night wanting his daddy we love u uncle chris rip

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joshua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr Waco 22,614
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Defiant1 18,496
what kinda town is granbury really? (Sep '08) Sep 18 Descott 33
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Gasman 566
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
Durham Transportation Services: Student Pick-up... Sep 11 RobertHinderliter 1
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
•••

Joshua News Video

•••
Joshua Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Joshua Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Joshua People Search