Suicides open eyes to bullying after 13-year-old Joshua boy's death

Apr 1, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Dallas Morning News

A 13-year-old hangs himself in a Johnson County barn. An 8-year-old jumps out of a two-story school building in Houston.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Apr 24, 2010
justme

Burleson, TX

#1 Apr 6, 2010
hasn't opened the eyes of the schools surrounding Joshua, they have an attitude as if it will never happen there.
gtl85

Dallas, TX

#2 Apr 6, 2010
justme wrote:
hasn't opened the eyes of the schools surrounding Joshua, they have an attitude as if it will never happen there.
that sucks, our parents, teachers, and school administrators have the responsibility to themselves and society to keep our children safe from any mental or physical abuse, especially at school. As the father of a 1yr. Old in alvarado, I hope we get it soon.
justme

Burleson, TX

#3 Apr 17, 2010
I agree they need to help these kids but don't.

I wish our school district would get it. They are small and neighbor Joshua. My child is handicapped and he is bullied relentlessly and we've done everything we can and even the adminstrators say they are not doing anything about it.
Johnson

Midlothian, TX

#4 Apr 22, 2010
It seems as though this behavior will not stop until someone hurts or kills one of these bullies and then all of a sudden it's going to be a surprise to the parents.
Then we wonder when a child comes armed to the teeth to school and kills his/her tormentors what was going on in his/her mind. They are tired of the BS
AnotherJoshuaMom

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Apr 24, 2010
I know at my sons school they had a program last week to address bullying. However, I think that unless they really do keep there eyes and ears open all the time they will never really see the problems. My son is a special needs student and has been the victim of bullying on more then one occasion. Fortunatly for me he does tell me about it and I have gone to the school each time.
The real problem is not the school but the parents of these kids. I offer a perfect example.
A boy with a specch problem is walking into the school. A classmate walking with their mother beside them says hello to him. When he cannot snap back a hello fast enough for this mother she looks at him and says...Little slow are we? and sort of smirks. That's just one example I could give you dozens.
When kids see parents acting this way it is not a far stretch for them to behave in these negative ways themselves.
I was wondering do these kids still go to LMS? If so how are we to feel safe sending our kids there?
We like to think we are immune from these things in Joshua but, clearly we are not. We all need to step up and talk with our kids. Take a more active role in our kids schools and be better role models. If we see our kids behaving in ways that are not right we need to call them on it. It is easy to close our eyes to situations but we owe it to our kids as well as society to raise good productive citizens. It is our duty.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joshua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 34 min Bailyz 17,874
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 2 hr Wow Wee 721
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr Donnie 22,284
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Thu Gasman 663
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Aug 21 Gasman 523
•••

Joshua News Video

•••
•••

Joshua Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Joshua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••