Incumbents win heavily in city and school races across county

May 10, 2009 Full story: Cleburne Times-Review 6

Incumbents seeking re-election in Saturday's city council elections throughout the county were successful in all but one case.

Full Story
concerned

Woods Cross, UT

#1 Jul 8, 2009
enough is enough lets stop the drilling its getting to dangerous. Our homes are being damaged by the quakes. Lets ban together to stop this, and for the mayor of cleburne to make a statement he didnt think that the quakes were due to the drilling should have known just as you and I can qoogle earthquakes in texas and find the answer the oil and gas companies need to be stopped Please all of us need to unite as one to stop this from ruining our property and putting us in harms way these drilling sites our right next to our houses. Just how safe our we they don't have the answer to that, none of us do but it only takes one accident and that could be the end of many.
They have enough wells why do they want more so they can drill and cap and make our neighborhoods look like an eye sore no one wants to live next to a gas well.
concerned

Woods Cross, UT

#2 Jul 8, 2009
Smelling fumes in your backyard? Toxic? Wondering about those cracks in your
walls and foundation? Could they be the oil and gas companies fault? Tom Williams, an oil industry expert,
explains that for the last 20 years refineries have been held to a much higher standard than
oilfields. Oilfield operators are getting a "free pass" on air quality standards and expanded
drilling. Cancer, asthma, broken buildings, and broken dreams may be the price we pay.
concerned

Woods Cross, UT

#3 Jul 8, 2009
watch this video do we want this to happen to us
www.saveballona.org
concerned

Woods Cross, UT

#4 Jul 8, 2009
the video is about drilling oil but they also drill gas the effects are the same we need to put a stop, our air quaility, and by the way they are drilling near the balconies fault line which is causjng damage we don't want earthquakes which in my area I feel them around 10 to 1030pm just about everynight

they didn't do there homework or they just didn't care they don't live here they just want the money. And the ones that approved these companies did not do there homework either the money was more important it's going to cost the people more money when the damage down the road causes severe health issues then who's going to pay

the county needs to take control and realise the money is not as important as the people that have to live with the chance of being in harms way
or getting cancer or asthma Open your eyes

The gas lines in Cleburne are very old under the city did they take that into concideration your in charged Johnson county did you not check to see the ramifications of drilling here in our county or was that not an issue
Lived here awhile

United States

#5 Jan 11, 2010
Hey guess what happens when ya live on a fault line.
mowgli4peace

Mount Morris, MI

#6 Apr 14, 2010
Lived here awhile wrote:
Hey guess what happens when ya live on a fault line.
If Robert Plant were the owner of these drilling sites, I wonder if he would sing, "Nobody's faults, but mine". lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joshua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Granbury, TX (Aug '10) Oct 15 Whyde fuckwouldit... 22
Chris Storey Oct 13 amber 1
Godley - dementia Oct 9 Big Richard 1
godley water (Aug '11) Oct 9 Big Richard 2
Itasca Funeral Home Oct 8 doh 2
what kinda town is granbury really? (Sep '08) Sep 29 Kay 36
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Gasman 673

Joshua News Video

Joshua Dating
Find my Match