Review: Pinky's Cupcakes

Posted in the Joshua Forum

Burleson Resident

United States

#1 Jun 13, 2011
I was disappointed on my visit to Pinky's. The entry way was overly perfumed with air freshener of some sort..then inside the bakery it smelled heavily of cigarette smoke, NOT the bakery smell I hoped for. The cupcakes are kind of dry and not exciting for $2.25 each. Will not be going back.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Jun 13, 2011
It's very unfortunate that your 1st experience at Pinky's did not go well. I have been several times, but do not recall smelling anything out of the ordinary, and certainly not cigarette smoke. I have tried almost all of the flavors that they carry, and other than the chocolate and/or choco mousse versions, I found the rest very tasty, with just the right amount of sweetness. I should say, though, that chocolate is not my 1st pick in any sweet treat, so that could explain why I didn't enjoy those particular ones. But, to each his own, and I'm sure there are other places around that might make cupcakes that suit your tastes better! Good luck in your search!
Burleson Chick

Dallas, TX

#3 Jul 6, 2011
SMOKERS PARADISE!!!
Burleson Resident

Euless, TX

#4 Aug 13, 2011
I have read all the comments, and I might have to say that some people for whatever reason would want to post things that obviously are not true. We smelt no scent of ciggaretes and the cupcakes were great and place is very cute. They may not have very many varieties but you have to start out small
Burleson Resident

Euless, TX

#5 Aug 13, 2011
...... From somewhere. I think getting a new hip bakery has been something really cool for Burleson. They're doing slot more which is more than I can say for most people!!!! You go pinkys I think yalls whole set up and cupcakes were awesome!!!
erin007

San Antonio, TX

#6 Jan 24, 2012
I went in the afternoon, which I didn't think to go sooner in the day for fresher, but I too smelt cigarette smoke. Maybe it's just the one clerk that smokes.
Jennifer

Burleson, TX

#7 Jan 29, 2012
I love the cupcakes here. The smell in the foyer is from an industrial strength airfreshner that was installed by the owners of the shopping center. It stinks really bad! I hate those things. We go to get cupcakes here every week and have our favorites and some we don't care for. Love the place!
Pinkys Fan

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Sep 1, 2012
I live in Fort Worth and making a stop at Pinky's is always a priority when in Burleson. I've been in many times and the smell of cigarette smoke was never present. However, there is a hair salon that the bakery shares an entrance with; and sometimes you can smell the chemicals that they use on hair as you come into the shared entrance. As soon as walk through the door of the bakery, it smells amazing. The cupcakes are a bit dry, but that is how I prefer them. Many others prefer them this way as well, because Pinky's sells out just about every day!
KdA

Burleson, TX

#9 Jun 23, 2013
I agree it smells like an old cigarette smoke soaked in the walls. The cupcakes are very dry including the icing. I have gone several times and tried different flavors. I will not go back!
Banky

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Aug 10, 2013
They have new owners and a baker. Their cupcakes are made daily, and you can tell. I have never been disappointed with the selection or the greeting I have recieved when I visit. I would recommend an other visit for all the ones that were disappointed. Give them a second chance they have improved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joshua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
99 sterling Dec 15 Twoey 1
what kinda town is granbury really? (Sep '08) Dec 10 Granbury resident 37
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Review: Above All Mechanical Nov '14 Upset Customer 1
Owner vows to rebuild after Burleson restaurant... Nov '14 Jena tarver 1
How Many People Got Kilt In Your Tornado (May '13) Nov '14 Redneck 8

Joshua News Video

Joshua Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Joshua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Joshua News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Joshua

Personal Finance