Nuaimi named city manager in Yucca Valley

The city council here voted 5-0 Thursday to approve a contract making Fontana Mayor Mark Nuaimi the city manager. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yucca v

North Hollywood, CA

#1 Jun 17, 2010
190k thats too much. should be 120k
Action Jackson

South Gate, CA

#2 Jun 18, 2010
yucca v wrote:
190k thats too much. should be 120k
yea, he got the brass ring and now he's doing a Palin. Leaving his elected responsibilities for a better paying job. All these IE politicians are the same, money in their pocket is the bottom line with them.
Rufus T Firefly

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3 Jun 18, 2010
Congrats Mayor Mark! Yucca Valley will be in very competent hands.
MTZ

United States

#4 Jun 18, 2010
Gawd, I think that's a step down from Colton. Who would think that was possible.

So he's not gonna move. That's a long drive, unless of course he gets himself a sigle wide out there somewhere in the desert. So obviously, he is not planning on staying long.
lassie

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jun 18, 2010
MTZ wrote:
So obviously, he is not planning on staying long.
80-mile commute? God-forsaken desert? Non existent local economy? He'll hang around long enough to shepherd a single redevelopment project and use that "success" to bounce back to Colton. Or Yucaipa, or whatever.
da hood

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jun 18, 2010
MTZ wrote:
Gawd, I think that's a step down from Colton. Who would think that was possible.
So he's not gonna move. That's a long drive, unless of course he gets himself a sigle wide out there somewhere in the desert. So obviously, he is not planning on staying long.
he got a 6k driving incentive. he wont pay for his own gas. yucca valley will. i feel sad for these people because now that he is working their, it will start to be build hundreds of houses. it will no longer be about 30K. by 4 years from know it will be 150k of people living their
da moron

Simi Valley, CA

#7 Jun 18, 2010
Grammar must not be your strong suit. Their town over there could never support 150,000 people. They're unable to grow without a sewer system in place. So there... or is it their?

Claremont, CA

#8 Jun 18, 2010
I wasn't aware making a living and accepting what the market will bare was a bad thing.

In general politicians are like diapers... best when changed regularly. I don't like anyone, especially someone paid with public money to stay at the party too long... Most are parasites and having them move down the road is not negative either. Complacency breeds contempt.
da hood

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jun 19, 2010
da moron wrote:
Grammar must not be your strong suit. Their town over there could never support 150,000 people. They're unable to grow without a sewer system in place. So there... or is it their?
putting sewers is not hard in new developments. duh
da moron

Lynwood, CA

#11 Jun 19, 2010
Not when there's not a sewage treatment plant. Probably didn't know that, did ya?
da mo moron

Whittier, CA

#12 Jun 20, 2010
da moron wrote:
Not when there's not a sewage treatment plant. Probably didn't know that, did ya?
pipe it to the ieua sewer system. then have a flowing river of poo to chino
da moron

Lynwood, CA

#13 Jun 20, 2010
80 miles of poop pipe. Great idea.
Watcher

Brea, CA

#14 Jun 21, 2010
Action Jackson wrote:
<quoted text> yea, he got the brass ring and now he's doing a Palin. Leaving his elected responsibilities for a better paying job. All these IE politicians are the same, money in their pocket is the bottom line with them.
You must not know that being Mayor of Fontana doesn't really pay much. It was his assistant city manager job with Colton that paid the bills.
What was he supposed to do? Lose his house in order to "not do a Palin?"
You need to know facts before typing anything.....
Best way

Colton, CA

#15 Jun 21, 2010
da hood wrote:
<quoted text>he got a 6k driving incentive. he wont pay for his own gas. yucca valley will. i feel sad for these people because now that he is working their, it will start to be build hundreds of houses. it will no longer be about 30K. by 4 years from know it will be 150k of people living their
You might want to recheck his contract. He gets $600.00/month not 6K car allowance and also according to his contract, the city of Yucca Valley will not pay for his commute to and from home to work.
yuccachuckie

Cathedral City, CA

#16 Jun 27, 2010
as long as he continues the 7 year policy of paying directors of the chambermaids to ride in "citizens on patrol" vans to molest the children- then he be okay.
the last city mgr got rewarded for doing just this.
local police covered it up, for 7 years.
SB Detective she got him arrested, but no change in city policies.
Massive cover up.
cities pants pulled down to pay for all of this as well.
local papers are set up to REJECT the word "molester"
further cover up for "happy news" about pets.
the truth will come out, stop covering this up.
bigfoot

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jun 30, 2010
Best way wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to recheck his contract. He gets $600.00/month not 6K car allowance and also according to his contract, the city of Yucca Valley will not pay for his commute to and from home to work.
It's hard to be wrong twice in such a short comment, but you pulled it off. 600/mo =$7,200 a year. So it's more than 6k. Additionally, he can lease a Camry for $250 a month and use the remaining money to cover his gas. A car allowance is typically a flat amount, so there won't be anybody there to police whether he's spending part of his $600 on his commute.
advocate for democracy

Colton, CA

#19 Jul 1, 2010
bigfoot wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to be wrong twice in such a short comment, but you pulled it off. 600/mo =$7,200 a year. So it's more than 6k. Additionally, he can lease a Camry for $250 a month and use the remaining money to cover his gas. A car allowance is typically a flat amount, so there won't be anybody there to police whether he's spending part of his $600 on his commute.
We all know " Best Way " isn't the sharpest tool in the shed ( but he is indeed a tool ).
Best way

Colton, CA

#20 Jul 5, 2010
bigfoot wrote:
<quoted text>
If you will check post #6, you will see that I was just making it more clear as to what the blogger said and that the city isn't paying specifically for his commute costs. No two wrongs stated here.
bigfoot

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Jul 6, 2010
I see your point, but isn't that kind of like saying "he's getting a housing allowance, but the city isn't paying for his mortgage"?
Best way

Colton, CA

#22 Jul 6, 2010
bigfoot wrote:
I see your point, but isn't that kind of like saying "he's getting a housing allowance, but the city isn't paying for his mortgage"?
I see YOUR point. As long as he doesn't pull a Parrish and lease a Lexus then leave Yucca Valley stuck with a $600/month lease like he did to Colton. Say, do you think he would take over the lease from Colton that his buddy left behind? It's just sitting here collecting dust waiting for the lease to run out, meanwhile the city is footing the bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joshua Tree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jenny Doling perjuring herself to the police. (Jun '10) Sun AEdwards 56
Blythe City Manager Says Solar Power Brings Ben... Dec 22 Solarman 1
Twentynine Palms Music Thread (Nov '13) Dec 19 Musikologist 5
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Fire Destroys a Home in North Joshua Tree Sunda... Nov 28 Nick 1
Deputies make grusome discovery Sep '14 Rachael 1
Who do you support for Fontana Unified School D... (Oct '10) Sep '14 James 51

Winter Storm Watch for San Bernardino County was issued at December 29 at 4:55AM PST

Joshua Tree News Video

Joshua Tree Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Joshua Tree People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Joshua Tree News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Joshua Tree

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:58 am PST