Looking for info on Henry or Porter S...

Looking for info on Henry or Porter Smith...

Posted in the Josephine Forum

Jim Smith

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Aug 28, 2013
My great uncle, either Henry or Porter, owned a drugstore with a soda fountain in Sophia in the late 1940's - early 1950's, just looking for any info or pics about them or the drugstore...trying to trace the genealogy and any help would be greatly appreciated...
S Franklin

Louisville, KY

#2 Dec 6, 2015
Jim Smith wrote:
My great uncle, either Henry or Porter, owned a drugstore with a soda fountain in Sophia in the late 1940's - early 1950's, just looking for any info or pics about them or the drugstore...trying to trace the genealogy and any help would be greatly appreciated...
Lived in Sophia from 1953 through 1959. Moved away age 15. Frequently visited his soda fountain. Nice person, always friendly with me. If still seeking info, repost and I will add a few comments. I can not help with gemologist, as I did not know his family.
Harley

Keswick, VA

#3 Dec 11, 2015
Looking for Larry Smith from Ury. Late 1940s early 1950s.
Herman Wilson

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Dec 17, 2015
Jim Smith wrote:
Robert Byrds mother and father had a drug store in Sophia in the 40s and early 50s. They also sold bus tickets. I don't remember two drug stores?
Sophian

Mount Hope, WV

#5 Dec 17, 2015
Here's a link to Henry & Bea. Not sure what the name of the store was, but Henry made great chocolate milkshakes!

http://www.wvgenweb.org/raleigh/smithO152.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josephine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 14 hr what? 4,307
Does Katherine or Justin Dec 4 KatMcG 5
In search of (Jan '17) Dec 3 Concerned citizen 4
History of Rhodell/Photos (Aug '10) Dec 1 turd boi 7
Waiting Area Nov 30 Snitch 1
New bussiness in cc Nov 30 Town squire 1
cheating (Nov '14) Nov 26 Foxman82 27

Josephine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance