“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#25442 Sep 30, 2013
Night Crawler 104 wrote:
<quoted text>
Refresh my memory Meat Blower, is this the same Supreme Court that ruled that Obamacare (an unconstitutional law) was in fact Constitutional?
Corpsemen!!!
Elbert Guillory!!!
Intercontinental Railroad!!!
A few different justices. But Obamacare is constitutional. Even the dumbest tea baggers gave that up.

“what are you talking about you”

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

#25443 Sep 30, 2013
fitness-guru WARNING

Norman, OK

#25444 Sep 30, 2013
folks, check out the google stuff about .. truckers to shut down america. were going to cluck you libbys and obsama is furious. i love this kind of chit. i hope it happens.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#25445 Sep 30, 2013
fitness-guru WARNING wrote:
folks, check out the google stuff about .. truckers to shut down america. were going to cluck you libbys and obsama is furious. i love this kind of chit. i hope it happens.
Be a great time to travel:)
wow

Fairmont, WV

#25446 Sep 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
So the party who sued to avoid a recount in 2000, now all of a sudden wants a "fair and accurate count?"
There is no voter fraud to combat. There are already Voter IDs (voter registration card - get one). This is voter suppression, and it's so obvious it't hilarious. You can use your NRA membership card, but not your school ID? Huh? Even funnier is the fact that not one of these ID laws are proposed in white neighborhoods - all colleges (read about what they've done to ECU students)and urban areas. Still funnier is this little tidbit - it won't work. You can strip away peoples' ability to vote, but it will just hurt you dumbasses in the long run. Plus, you're getting drubbed. Let's not pretend 10K here or 10K there is going to change the balance of power from rational Americans to wingnuts who think a race war is coming.
http://blog.ecu.edu/sites/dailyclips/blog/201...
I do not see the harm if having an id to vote. I have never been truly against it regardless what election you are speaking of. What is the big deal.
jane

Fairmont, WV

#25447 Sep 30, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
<quoted text>
Be a great time to travel:)
You would not get far without gas. If they gas tankers are in Washington will be really hard to fill your tank up wouldn't it
jane

Fairmont, WV

#25448 Sep 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
A few different justices. But Obamacare is constitutional. Even the dumbest tea baggers gave that up.
Why do all the polls show up to 80% of people are against obamacare? Do we have that many tea baggers now?
Open eyes

Ashburn, VA

#25449 Sep 30, 2013
The I.D. law doesn't matter. Minorities had to fight really hard for the right to vote. History has proven that suppression builds determination. people are willing to wait in line for hours to exercise their right and their ballot won't be cast for the oppressors, whose policies never represent them.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#25450 Sep 30, 2013
jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do all the polls show up to 80% of people are against obamacare? Do we have that many tea baggers now?
It's because they call it Obamacare instead of Affordable Care Act. They don't want Obamacare but they want the Affordable Care Act. Go figure.

When it turns out to be successful, they will start calling it the Affordable Act.

And you are right about the gas. Didn't think about that:)
Jane

Fairmont, WV

#25451 Sep 30, 2013
Open eyes wrote:
The I.D. law doesn't matter. Minorities had to fight really hard for the right to vote. History has proven that suppression builds determination. people are willing to wait in line for hours to exercise their right and their ballot won't be cast for the oppressors, whose policies never represent them.
Now Now there it wont be any different than me getting an ID. Why is it harder for a minority to get an id?

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#25452 Sep 30, 2013
Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Now there it wont be any different than me getting an ID. Why is it harder for a minority to get an id?
We already have voter IDs. Give up. Supressing votes isn't the answer for the right wing nutjobs. It's being less nutty.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#25453 Sep 30, 2013
<quoted text>
It's because they call it Obamacare instead of Affordable Care Act. They don't want Obamacare but they want the Affordable Care Act. Go figure.
When it turns out to be successful, they will start calling it the Affordable Act.
And you are right about the gas. Didn't think about that:)
It's true. Americans overwhelmingly support the Affordable Care Act.
http://thedailybanter.com/2012/06/americans-h...
Check out Kentucky, they LOVE LOVE it, as long it's under a different name.
http://egbertowillies.com/2013/08/23/kentucki...
Open eyes

Ashburn, VA

#25454 Sep 30, 2013
It's not hard for the majority to get I.D.s, but it's perceived as another act of suppression by the right. If you had the perception that a certain party was trying to constantly obstruct you from voting you would want to vote more and not for that party. Not just this instance but in almost every election it's just transparent.

“what are you talking about you”

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

#25455 Sep 30, 2013
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#25456 Sep 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
We already have voter IDs. Give up. Supressing votes isn't the answer for the right wing nutjobs. It's being less nutty.
I am going to do to you as you have to others. Answer the queation. How is it racist and restricting their right to vote? Hell.....legal and illegal immigrants get drivers liscences and they pay for them. Your telling me someone can not get a FREE ID in two years?
Open eyes

Ashburn, VA

#25457 Sep 30, 2013
Im constantly amazed that the party who claims to love America more always hope for horrible things to happen to it so they can point a finger. Nobody hoped for bush to do harm to our country, he was an unstopable force. Fortunately we were provided with much comic relief at his expense, but we never wished our country harm.
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#25458 Sep 30, 2013
<quoted text>
But whatever voter fraud (if any) might have occurred during the 2012 presidential election, none is evidenced by the example reproduced here. As shown below, all of the statements it comprises are demonstrably false:
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/2012fra...
You must learn how to read. SHOW me. That's all I ask.
There is only stats on what has been caught. How much has not been caught. And with the immigration problem, how many of them have not been caught? We do not know how many are here illegally. So you do not believe in preventative measures?
1 post removed

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#25460 Sep 30, 2013
Open eyes wrote:
It's not hard for the majority to get I.D.s, but it's perceived as another act of suppression by the right. If you had the perception that a certain party was trying to constantly obstruct you from voting you would want to vote more and not for that party. Not just this instance but in almost every election it's just transparent.
There is NOTHING transparent to the GOP. That's become clear to everyone but them. People have literally sat them down and explained that their racism, anti-abortion causes and hatred of immigrants IS KILLING THEIR PARTY. So what do they do? Call our president a muslim, double down on their fight against women's rights and block immigration reform. Recognizing the obvious aren't these people's strong suit.
Open eyes

Ashburn, VA

#25461 Sep 30, 2013
Well duh... which party supports giving driver licenses and which party is fighting for voter restrictions? In there lies you answer.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#25462 Sep 30, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
<quoted text> There is only stats on what has been caught. How much has not been caught. And with the immigration problem, how many of them have not been caught? We do not know how many are here illegally. So you do not believe in preventative measures?
So now it's a "preventative measure?" Wow. The GOP is trying to keep black people and poor people from voting. Everyone can see it but you dumbasses. So what happens? You get made fun of again for inventing imaginary problems or taking "preventative measures" against problems that aren't real. For a party in such desperation, shouldn't you deal with the problems that WE ARE ACTUALLY FACING? Shouldn't you try to start thinking of ways to win an election with the best candidate instead of another hijacking like in 2000? That one led to the destruction of the greatest economy in the history of man and the mass murder of a million innocent civilians. The GOP's problems are obvious, real and fatal. Instead of making them again and again, why not make some changes that will GAIN voters instead of just having more of them laugh at you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josephine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sophia police sued again for beating one of its... 12 hr sophia 5
Black Slew 20 hr Wally 1
Dale Farris (Sep '12) Thu Whocare2015 21
Child Drowning (Aug '09) Wed Fandango 214
Ashamed to Live in Sophia (Feb '12) Apr 22 Samuel 65
Black Diamond Power Billing Irregularities (May '14) Apr 19 Nwsweetie2558 11
Pittman Chief of Police (Aug '14) Apr 19 Roxi Puppy 19
More from around the web

Josephine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE