Main Street Sophia Bridge

Posted in the Josephine Forum

EvilShadow

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Jan 24, 2014
People of the area take caution when transporting or crossing in any means across the bridge at the main street Sophia stoplight. The main support braces are further cracked and very well could possibly lose the remaining support in the forums. Thus causing the bridge and such to collapse. Though there is a substantial amount of concrete with rebar supports and other retaining brackets that support the construction support density of the bridge. There is a high risk that the support retaining wall forum being cracked and further pushing away can cause further erosion under the bridge and cause the structure to give without warning. Thus the Mayor and other offices where given this information almost 2 years ago. When the bridge was first forming the cracks. When in which it could have been possibly fixed before the crack persisted helping to lessen the erosion until funds could be acquired to do otherwise. Thus in which I do insist that the people whom use the bridge for travel in any means to be aware of this risk. The main crack can be seen from the guard rail side of the bridge when facing the Black Diamond Power Company and The Parts Store. When standing at the guard rail the recess retaining wall is cracked almost completely and the main part that is holding the bridge is the rebar inner support though overtime the rebar starts to degrade upon exposure to the elements. With the saying in mind of, "The straw that broke the camels back," in mind. The rebar could give way. Therefore for the safety of the people please be aware that this is a standing high probable hazard. In which there is any disbelief you can go park down in the bottom by the tracks and walk over and look for yourself. You need not believe myself thus you can trust your own eyes and look. Just do be careful and allow others who travel the area of which to be aware as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josephine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billy price 13 hr Roster 5
cemetry (Jul '14) Thu yo mama 3
Jeff Thu begeebers 8
Hot Spot Jan 27 Farley Hill Observer 1
bam! Jan 27 begeebers 5
ida reed wilson Jan 24 Delmas Wilson 12
Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Winner 1,765
Josephine Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Josephine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:15 am PST

NBC Sports 3:15AM
Marvin Lewis on Andy Dalton: We don't have time to waste on QB competition
NBC Sports 6:32 AM