'She doesn't know he's dead. All she knows is he's not here.'

Full story: TwinCities.com

For Hannah Anderson nderson and her daughter, Savannah, 4, of Jordan, Minn., the fifth anniversary of the Iraq war was a painful reminder of a husband and father lost - Army Pfc.
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Mar 20, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Creeping Death

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Thanks President Bush!!!
Go Away Traitors

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

More anti-war propaganda. All it does it disrespects those who serve, have died fighting for what they believe in and prolongs the war by giving the enemy a reason to keep fighting.
BillB St Paul

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

It saddens me to see the loss of lives. It saddens me to see we ever went to war. We fully respect all who serve(d), but I do not respect Bush who lied to the world to get into that senseless war. Hopefully in time mother and daughter will find some happiness in life but still miss the fallen man. It takes time.
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

I am not surprised but yet disapointed over Becky Lourey's disregard of the wishes of some of the fallen military when they requested that she not read their names at her "press event." Lori says it's her right. Yes, her son died too. A commissioned officer who reinlisted to fight for a cause he belives in. Lori, would you please stop pimping the dead?
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

I wonder if anyone will ever provide a rational reason for all those deaths. How does this make sense to anyone?
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Does anybody know if when you enlist in the military, you can be classified as cannon fodder?
Publius

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

I just read that 59 minnesotans have died in the war, so there are 59 articles about the war right there.

Good point about families of service members not wanting their personal loss to be exploited for political gain by liberals. Of course, such requests for respect and privacy are as pearls before swine.

Its a shame that we know nothing about the war except for things that are thought to support the anti-war movement. A classic example of media advocacy in the form of selective reporting.
Angry Vet

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Freedom Lover wrote:
I am not surprised but yet disapointed over Becky Lourey's disregard of the wishes of some of the fallen military when they requested that she not read their names at her "press event." Lori says it's her right. Yes, her son died too. A commissioned officer who reinlisted to fight for a cause he belives in. Lori, would you please stop pimping the dead?
You'd know a lot more about pimping than we do.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Go Away Traitors wrote:
More anti-war propaganda. All it does it disrespects those who serve, have died fighting for what they believe in and prolongs the war by giving the enemy a reason to keep fighting.
skewed logic
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

No Angry Vet. You are as wrong as possible. I never speak for anyone but myself. I frequently submit my opinions concerning events of the day but that's all. Tell me, Angry Vet: If someone asked you to not attempt to score political points on the blood of their family, how would you respond?
Dannyboy

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

I am so sorry for the family and their loss. The picture of the little girl says so much and makes me very sad for her. Please pray for her and her family, that they may find some peace in all of this...such a tragedy, my heart just bbleeds for them.
Bill

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Don Joe wrote:
Does anybody know if when you enlist in the military, you can be classified as cannon fodder?
When you "voluntarily" enlist in the armed forces of the United States you take an oath to defend the country. You don't take an oath to defend it only when you agree with the decisions being made. All of these bleeding heart liberals who claim to support the troops yet continue to denigrate their mission are, in fact, giving aid and comfort to an enemy that would kill them without thinking twice.
As to the "cannon fodder" question.
Thinking something so idiotic only makes you appear somewhat slow to yourself, putting it in writing confirms the fact that you are somewhat slow to the rest of us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
When you "voluntarily" enlist in the armed forces of the United States you take an oath to defend the country. You don't take an oath to defend it only when you agree with the decisions being made. All of these bleeding heart liberals who claim to support the troops yet continue to denigrate their mission are, in fact, giving aid and comfort to an enemy that would kill them without thinking twice.
As to the "cannon fodder" question.
Thinking something so idiotic only makes you appear somewhat slow to yourself, putting it in writing confirms the fact that you are somewhat slow to the rest of us.
What a load of malarky
Curious

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Bill, You are correct sir! MKidd, Tell me: When was the last time you heard of American's cutting the fingers off our captives and mailing them back as a token to the next of kin?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Curious, Tell me: What does that have to do with this statement...which is malarky.

Bill wrote: All of these bleeding heart liberals who claim to support the troops yet continue to denigrate their mission are, in fact, giving aid and comfort to an enemy that would kill them without thinking twice.
John Q

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Don Joe wrote:
Don't worry your pretty little head about it Don Joe. We don't have a draft in this country anymore. Nancy boys don't have to serve.
JP - St Paul

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

We as a human race are completely in control of creating war. We, as humans, are completely responsible for our actions good or bad. We can choose an irrational path, and often do. And there is no one else to blame, no force of nature, no higher power. The residents of this planet have the ability to stop all wars if we are willing to make that choice.
Bobo from Southern MN

Ellsworth, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Freedom Lover wrote:
No Angry Vet. You are as wrong as possible. I never speak for anyone but myself. I frequently submit my opinions concerning events of the day but that's all. Tell me, Angry Vet: If someone asked you to not attempt to score political points on the blood of their family, how would you respond?
What about Jessica Lynch's "rescue" from troops being used to promote the war? Even though she got a sweet book deal out of it, she wasn't happy how the military handled it. I'm sure soldiers believe in what they're doing while there are others who don't. But it is people like you, Freedom Lover, who say people must support the war, President Bush as a way of supporting troops. If I were a soldier and someone expected me to fall in line with that line, they deserve to spat on just as much as the hippies who spat on soldiers coming home during Vietnam. I heard Joe Repya signed up to go for another tour of Iraq. Why don't you do the same?
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Bobo, I NEVER said anyone should, let alone must support the war. Someone recently said that a person could go back and trace all comments from a poster. I advise you to go back (if it's possible) and read mine.
Next I'd advise that if you really want to go out and spit on a vet, at this point of political juncture in this country I'd make dang sure that there ain't no NAM vets around as it might cost you your life, whatever that's worth.
No, my distaste for this is the constant attempt by some of the protesters to hijack the mporal/political high ground by constantly attempting to redefine terms. I't like arguing with a group of Women's Studies majors. Any time you appear to be making ground someone "flips the script" and you find yourself in new territory debating a different philisophy/theorist.
Finally, just look at the picture of the little girl in this article along withg the headline. It sort of reminds me of the scene in Champ when the old man died in the ring, don't you think? Emotional appeals don't make it very far with m.e
Mike

Shakopee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

It burns me up that mostly outstate white young men are dying trying to establish a free democracy in the third world while institutions in the United States who have made a religion out of hating white males slowly transform the country into a third world nation through mass immigration in the name of diversity and multiculturalism. What is the purpose of a foreign war when nobody lifts a finger to defend our own nation from within?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jordan Discussions

Search the Jordan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun '14 doomsayer2014 847
Robin McGraw writes about what is important to her (Nov '06) Apr '14 sandy sunshine 15
Know the law Mar '14 Carolyn Kruger 1
Last minute travel deals for UK, Christmas mark... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Azamara Cruise Deal 2
What toms shoes give to poor people? (Nov '13) Nov '13 Toms 1
Ramsey County residents bothered by increased t... (Nov '13) Nov '13 matthew brandley 1
State GOP lawmaker Buesgens pleads guilty to DW... (Nov '10) Apr '13 Oh Dear 10
•••
•••
•••
Jordan Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jordan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••