Joplin family, victim of 'storm chase...

Joplin family, victim of 'storm chasers,' moves into rebuilt home

There are 4 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Aug 6, 2012, titled Joplin family, victim of 'storm chasers,' moves into rebuilt home. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

Beneath the coats of off-white paint and under the drywall inside Larry and Amy Jump’s new home in Joplin, Mo., are the scrawled names of people who before the storm were strangers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#1 Aug 6, 2012
i think it's a great that with people getting together and helping that this family got a home back.that is awesome.

but then you read the parts in this story where you get the scumbags that ripped of people that were already down. i hope the law catches up with them and puts em away for a long time...

“Lip Gloss”

Since: May 10

For Whiners and Crybabies

#2 Aug 6, 2012
centereach ny wrote:
i think it's a great that with people getting together and helping that this family got a home back.that is awesome.
but then you read the parts in this story where you get the scumbags that ripped of people that were already down. i hope the law catches up with them and puts em away for a long time...
So glad they got a home now, but how many others are waiting I wonder.
I think it would be a good idea for counties and states to have a list of contractors for the sole purpose of helping those who lose everything due to these storms. Contractors who are tried and true, give them the business and leave the dirt outside.

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#3 Aug 6, 2012
Bar Fly_ok wrote:
<quoted text>
So glad they got a home now, but how many others are waiting I wonder.
I think it would be a good idea for counties and states to have a list of contractors for the sole purpose of helping those who lose everything due to these storms. Contractors who are tried and true, give them the business and leave the dirt outside.
that's a great idea!

“Lip Gloss”

Since: May 10

For Whiners and Crybabies

#4 Aug 6, 2012
centereach ny wrote:
<quoted text>
that's a great idea!
I think so too, I'm amazed I thought of it, lol.

Insurance companies could only pay these contractors, it would keep the good guys busy and cut the air supply from the riff-raff.
It's really common sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joplin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP is a CHILD RAPIST Tue Ringwind 7
Can law enforcement and court officials pick wh... Jul 18 nlalex2017 1
Understanding Honduran Men (Sep '07) Jul 11 HONDURANORNOT 115
Oronogo History (Jun '09) Jul 4 Bobby Romines 16
How Many Got Kilt in the Tornado (Jun '11) Jul 2 Redneck 62
Travis w Roderick Jun '17 Just now 1
Review: Triple R Recycling LLC (Feb '13) Jun '17 Mario Phillip Gomez 5

Joplin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance