lee county rescue squad (pennington gap unit)

Posted in the Jonesville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of288
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CONCERNED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Hello, first of all this is not my usual tactic I hate to spread rumors but this is not a rumor nor am I just trying to gossip! However,I do feel that someone needs to inform our little community about how things namely LCRS is really operated on the inside!
Well first of all after you can learn to read between the lines and figure out who the taddle packers and trouble makers are you will realize that is all some of these volunteers want to do, and you will also see that if some of them would put as much effort toward the squad as they do spreading rumors and cauzing trouble the squad would be in tip top shape! And of course theres always a ring leader to this type of behavior,and that would be MOMMA KAY!! She doesnt want to carry the burdens of being Captain nor does she want the duties involved but she wants to be the "BOSS" or should I say mainly she just wants to rule the volunteers and nose in their personal lives as well!
After that little bit of insight, I wll tell you the real reason I am posting this because last night at the squads regular monthly meeting Captain Joe Tomes,one of the best the squad has had in many years, was voted out as captain!! One of the reasons given was because he had "stepped on someones toes" well people in the real world those of us in charge will do that from time to time!! The reason being is that Joe has been doing some much needed changes and upgrades to the running of the squad as well as buying new materials and equipment!!Joe had stepped up and took control of many things and was doing some great changes to make the squad a better more efficient service for OUR community!!
Again people we must remember these people are volunteers,Joe Tomes works full time at our Federal Prision and is now raising 4 kids on his own, and still makes time to run calls,and do his duties for the squad. As matter of fact he has spent the last few months trying to clear up a mess with the IRS for the squad due to the fact that nothing had been done with them for the past few years!However this is not the Captains responsibility to clean up or do the job of the Treasurer (KAY ROBBINS). And what the worst part is that many of the people who voted him out are non active members who usually never step foot into the squad unless its for a big dinner or to gang up on and vote someone out!! But what is really sad one of the members actually admitted they had no idea what was going on that they only knew what they had heard, so people how was this fair to Joe?? Shouldnt he had been able to talk and show these members what he has done and how the squad will benefit from all his hard work and efforts???
One time I as Joe,'why do you even bother with the mess, all these people do is run their mouths and belittle you' His reply, "I served my country proudly and Im just trying to serve the community where I live and my kids are growing up, just trying to do some good". So here you go people, just another case of a good man, trying to do a good service,getting knocked down!! And ask yourselves, if we donate our money to the squad and those members do not want to use it to upgrade and benefit the squad, What are they wanting our donations for???
And as far as the man they offered the Captain position to last night, was captain before and "rumors" were told that he and his wife (bingo mgr at that time also) were taking money from the squad because the bought a camper and a big nice boat, So wonder whose "toes" they stepped on ???
CONCERNED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

3

And for those of you who voted to keep Joe Tomes as your Captain Im Sorry for you and our Community,but for those of you who voted against him I hope your childish and unprofessional mistakes dont make the squad and our community suffer. And I hope you will be able to step up and be the Captain that Joe Tomes has been for the last year,5mnth and 6 days! Or I at least hope you can step up and all together be half the man he was and work as hard as he has so the squad will continue to grow so all HIS hard work and efforts wont be for nothing!! And another thing how many EMTs does your squad have now, 2 active? one (Robbins) who has many health problems herself and sometimes struggles to walk around and sell breakopens for bingo, and Josh god help him because he will have it all on him, oh and those few other Non-active members who will always come for dinner!!
BINGO PLAYER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

4

4

3

This seems kinda funny to me because I was bingo at the LCRS this past saturday night and I had a feeling something was going on becaue Kay came into to the bingo area and said something to Joe and he said something back to her and she said(exact word)"Dont Cross Me" and turned around and walked out and he ask her "Excuse Me"? so I guess she carried her threat out!!!!! I hate that this has happend to Joe Tomes because he made some very good changes for the squad! And I dont understand why they would vote him out when he was the one who got the license back for bingo which is one of the main sourses of income for the squad!
Granny

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

1

Well I usually play bingo there quite a bit from time to time but I wasnt there last sat. night but I will say that Joe is one of the kindest and well mannered men in there. And there was another episode with a members husband and the way Joe handled that showed me what kind of man he is! So I know that he works hard and has been involved at that squad alot. I did hear about Kay making that remark to him and I feel like the wrong person was voted out,If she didnt like the way things were why didnt she just quit because the improvements Ive seen shows me Joe was the man for the job.
no wonder

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

1

And people wonder why they can't get anyone to respond to the most dire calls. St. Charles has had to pick up the load.
Reason

Jonesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

4

Lots of reason they don't pickup the calls is due to the gas prices have went sky high so people can't afford to run their vehicles to get to the building or they maybe at work. This has been going on for months this isn't anything new. Oh yes St. Charles has picked up lot of the calls but lots of the members there don't work as I know some that don't work at all so they can run the calls when it one,two or three comes out. If the gas prices don't drop there will be fewer runs too. People that uses their own vehicles to get to the building doesn't get paid so lots of the time they will not respond to the calls because of gas prices. Some of the members don't even live close to the building so they have to leave their home to get the the building to respond to a call which they may live 15mins away or 25mins.

The way I've figured it if the people can't get to the person in need. Maybe the person's family member can put their butt in a person vehicle an take them to the hospital instead of having to wait to get there. It could save a life if a ambulance can't get there on time.
Well

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

From what I've heard, its the bingo lady's husband that's been stiring all the crap right along with her. Then throw in Kay trying to control everything and telling lies on squad members to stire. It's been told that larry runs to freemans house and tells him everything that goes on and taddle packs like an ole lady.
I've heard that Joe has done more than anyother captain has ever done. last told, he went to MECC to get some help with a non-for-profit application that should have been done Years ago. But no one around would help, so he went else where for help. to make matters worse, joe told it at bingo one night some time back that what he was working on was part of the license for bingo that No ONE else in that squad knew how to do or would help with. And that the squad had done the paperwork before, but the previous captains didn't know how to do the stuff.
Just wait till somemore stuff starts coming out about this guy(scrub tech)that raised all the hell at the meeting just to get Joe removed.
eyeswideopen

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

I believe that the wrong person was voted off the squad.Joe has went well above and beyond the job title of Captain.The only reason that Freeman wants the job back is so that Carol can get her greedy hands back in the money as treasurer so they can start to embezzle again from the squad.If it was not for Joe coming in as Captain and cleaning up the rubble that Freeman and Kay caused as Captains,the LCRS would have had there doors padded locked and shut down.No one really understands the responsibility that comes with trying to run a squad.Joe works extremely hard not only for his family,but also for his community.Kay only got her granny panties in a wad because he was not letting her push him around and did not let her make the final say so with every situation.Between Kay and Freeman this Rescue squad won't make it til the beginning of the year,because they will screw it all up again.When it comes to those two individuals they strive off of drama.Joe has worked so hard to get the squad out of the mess with the IRS,and that was all Kay and Freemans doings,but finally he gets it straightened out the way it should be.Also the current bingo manager is just as guilty when it comes to the IRS mess because she changed the name of the squad just to avoid an audit,which is not just morally wrong it can cause federal charges.I think that Kay and Freeman just wanted to wait until Joe cleaned up there mess over the last few years so that they could vote him out and come back in and try to take credit for everything.I do agree with Concerned when it comes to the non active squad members,because most of them just show up for a hot meal.I do not think its fair for anyone to have a vote at a meeting unless they are active for at least 6 months out of the year,and worked bingo as well.Because if you haven't been there in years or even just months they are just voting from hear say and not actually seeing it with their own eyes. Plus, you know its a set up when people come to a meeting when they haven't come in a long time just to have enough votes to get someone out.As dirty as half these members are I would not doubt if Kay,Dan,or Freeman paid them to come and vote Joe off.If I was Joe I would go file charges against Kay because Saturday night when she said *Don't Cross Me* that was a verbal threat and she needs punished.Anyone that is that mentally unstable as Kay,should have a nice padded room to sleep in,and nothing sharp to hurt herself with,considering this crazy woman believes she is a witch and can cast spells on you,is that really the type of person you want picking you up in case of emergency? I sure as hell don't. I believe once bingo players get wind of him not being there they will have no one to play bingo because all these players loved Joe because he was a decent person,and well respected in this community.He gave all he had to give even when he did not have too,while others wanted to take the credit.I think everyone should stand up for him,because he has stood up for you and tell these Two individuals,Kay and Freeman,either Joe comes back in as Captain or they will not come back.Some members have already stood their ground for him,now its your turn.
JUST A FRIEND

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

3

eyeswideopen wrote:
I believe that the wrong person was voted off the squad.Joe has went well above and beyond the job title of Captain.The only reason that Freeman wants the job back is so that Carol can get her greedy hands back in the money as treasurer so they can start to embezzle again from the squad.If it was not for Joe coming in as Captain and cleaning up the rubble that Freeman and Kay caused as Captains,the LCRS would have had there doors padded locked and shut down.No one really understands the responsibility that comes with trying to run a squad.Joe works extremely hard not only for his family,but also for his community.Kay only got her granny panties in a wad because he was not letting her push him around and did not let her make the final say so with every situation.Between Kay and Freeman this Rescue squad won't make it til the beginning of the year,because they will screw it all up again.When it comes to those two individuals they strive off of drama.Joe has worked so hard to get the squad out of the mess with the IRS,and that was all Kay and Freemans doings,but finally he gets it straightened out the way it should be.Also the current bingo manager is just as guilty when it comes to the IRS mess because she changed the name of the squad just to avoid an audit,which is not just morally wrong it can cause federal charges.I think that Kay and Freeman just wanted to wait until Joe cleaned up there mess over the last few years so that they could vote him out and come back in and try to take credit for everything.I do agree with Concerned when it comes to the non active squad members,because most of them just show up for a hot meal.I do not think its fair for anyone to have a vote at a meeting unless they are active for at least 6 months out of the year,and worked bingo as well.Because if you haven't been there in years or even just months they are just voting from hear say and not actually seeing it with their own eyes. Plus, you know its a set up when people come to a meeting when they haven't come in a long time just to have enough votes to get someone out.As dirty as half these members are I would not doubt if Kay,Dan,or Freeman paid them to come and vote Joe off.If I was Joe I would go file charges against Kay because Saturday night when she said *Don't Cross Me* that was a verbal threat and she needs punished.Anyone that is that mentally unstable as Kay,should have a nice padded room to sleep in,and nothing sharp to hurt herself with,considering this crazy woman believes she is a witch and can cast spells on you,is that really the type of person you want picking you up in case of emergency? I sure as hell don't. I believe once bingo players get wind of him not being there they will have no one to play bingo because all these players loved Joe because he was a decent person,and well respected in this community.He gave all he had to give even when he did not have too,while others wanted to take the credit.I think everyone should stand up for him,because he has stood up for you and tell these Two individuals,Kay and Freeman,either Joe comes back in as Captain or they will not come back.Some members have already stood their ground for him,now its your turn.
I agree that we all need to stand up for Joe!!! But I wouldnt blame him at all if he told them all to go to hell for the way he has been treated! And after reading all of these comments If I was Kay,Dan,Freeman,Ellen I would be worried whose "toes I stepped on now" or "who they have crossed" because if all the above is known then Im sure Joe Tomes could fill the authorities in on alot of wrong doings many folks dont know about!! So the next time Kay makes her threats she might should question herself first!!! yes Joe may have lost something he really loved but sounds like to me alot could end up losing something we all love "freedom"
Get your Story Straight

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Kim,if you had been paying attention to what was going on in the meeting instead of running in and out calling Tammy W. and Jamie letting them know what was going on in the meeting,you would have known Joe was not kicked off the Rescue Squad . He was asked to step down as Captain over issues that is none of the public's concern. It is against the Squad's rules to discuss what goes on in the meetings to outsiders.So, now that you have got a mess started you could cause Joe a lot of trouble with the lies that have been posted on here.If you are the friend you claim to be to Joe this is one thread you might regret starting.If charges were filed on him he could loose his job and nobody wants to see that happen. But you three good friends of his keep it going and it could very well happen.As I said if you had listened to what was really being said instead of running in and out on the cell phone you would have kept your mouth shut.Joe is still a member he has been removed as captain and no one has been appointed for that job yet.
Inside

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

Get your Story Straight wrote:
Kim,if you had been paying attention to what was going on in the meeting instead of running in and out calling Tammy W. and Jamie letting them know what was going on in the meeting,you would have known Joe was not kicked off the Rescue Squad . He was asked to step down as Captain over issues that is none of the public's concern. It is against the Squad's rules to discuss what goes on in the meetings to outsiders.So, now that you have got a mess started you could cause Joe a lot of trouble with the lies that have been posted on here.If you are the friend you claim to be to Joe this is one thread you might regret starting.If charges were filed on him he could loose his job and nobody wants to see that happen. But you three good friends of his keep it going and it could very well happen.As I said if you had listened to what was really being said instead of running in and out on the cell phone you would have kept your mouth shut.Joe is still a member he has been removed as captain and no one has been appointed for that job yet.
Very touching...you must have been there at the meeting and trying to bash Joe like everyone else. Or even worse one of those that are tooo damn sorry to lift a finger or come around unless there's FREE food. Guess it was too important for you to have Joe removed to care if was your child calling you, some parent you are.
KIM ELKINS

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

FOR YOUR INFORMATION I DIDNT HAVE A DAMN THING TO DO WITH THIS FORUM!!! NOW YOU HAVE PISSED OFF!!! GET YOUR DAMN STORY STRAIGHT!!!! IF I DONE THIS I WOULD NOT USE A FAKE NAME!!! NOW I DONT CLAIM NOTHING I AM JOES FRIEND AND YOU NEED TO COME TO ME AND ASK ME!! AND WHEN I GOT A DAMN PHONE CALL LAST NIGHT IT WAS MY MOTHER!! AND YES SHE AND JAMIE AND TAMMY WILL BE AT THE SQUAD TOMORRWOW TO WORK THIS OUT!! YOU WILL NOT BLAME ME FOR SOMETHING I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH!! AND THE SECOND TIME I WENT OUT I HAD TO GO AND PISS! YA HAPPY?? NOW NEXT TIME YA BLAME SOMEONE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR STORY STRAIGHT!!!
Tammy W

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 7, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

KIM ELKINS wrote:
FOR YOUR INFORMATION I DIDNT HAVE A DAMN THING TO DO WITH THIS FORUM!!! NOW YOU HAVE PISSED OFF!!! GET YOUR DAMN STORY STRAIGHT!!!! IF I DONE THIS I WOULD NOT USE A FAKE NAME!!! NOW I DONT CLAIM NOTHING I AM JOES FRIEND AND YOU NEED TO COME TO ME AND ASK ME!! AND WHEN I GOT A DAMN PHONE CALL LAST NIGHT IT WAS MY MOTHER!! AND YES SHE AND JAMIE AND TAMMY WILL BE AT THE SQUAD TOMORRWOW TO WORK THIS OUT!! YOU WILL NOT BLAME ME FOR SOMETHING I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH!! AND THE SECOND TIME I WENT OUT I HAD TO GO AND PISS! YA HAPPY?? NOW NEXT TIME YA BLAME SOMEONE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR STORY STRAIGHT!!!
And to who ever has brought my name into all this mess needs to leave me the hell out of it!! I really could care less what goes on with any of you all or the squad!! However,If you want me to be involved, this is a sure fire way of getting me started!!!! And as far as Joe goes the way I see it is if any or all of the above is true, he has enough ammunition to fight his own battle if he chooses to do so!!!
Well

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 8, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

no wonder wrote:
And people wonder why they can't get anyone to respond to the most their calls. St. Charles has had to pick up the load.
You take a guy that is working full time and still finds the time to run calls, & all you people want to do is cut him down. Sad how they can't get people to help & when they do, they get treated like this. Joe's cleaned up more crap & has worked hard to get everything legal with the non-profit stuff that the previous two captains couldn't figure out how to do & this is how he gets done. Someone needed to take control, who's really going to suffer when calls don't get answered. Also just look around and see who ran the others off. Why don't people help like they use to, instead of all this. Oh I know why, its all a look at me kind of show & if you disagree with me your out. IS that what they did to joe, he stood up to K who thought that she was incharge and didn't have a clue how to do 1/2 of what Joe did. What's funny is her attitude, with her "Don't Cross Me". I feel sorry for Joe, for he was one of the very that really cared about helping and running calls. There has been times that he would be working bingo when they were short handed & he would jump to run a call, because that's what was important to him. And I've been going to bingo long enough, that I remember times when others were incharge and they wouldn't answer a call if bingo was going on.
PENN GAP CITIZEN

Hendersonville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 9, 2010
 

Judged:

6

5

4

he is a piece of crap if anyone cant tell he is the poster of all these annonymous posts he is to much about himself and tried to do everything with out voting. glad he got s#!t canned
love

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 9, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

pary for the lcrs.jesus love you he died you on the cross.
bingo player

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 9, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i too play bingo at the lcrs and i too have heard about the money that comes up short every tuesday and saturday nite and it has been happening after freeman and carol quit coming.I also know that Red and the caller are the only ones who dont sit and talk about others.Ellen and her husband sit in front talking about the workers and all Kim does is either eat or talk on the fone.
Kim Elkins

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 9, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

bingo player wrote:
i too play bingo at the lcrs and i too have heard about the money that comes up short every tuesday and saturday nite and it has been happening after freeman and carol quit coming.I also know that Red and the caller are the only ones who dont sit and talk about others.Ellen and her husband sit in front talking about the workers and all Kim does is either eat or talk on the fone.
All you people want to do is hide & post crap cause you don't have a backbone and you'll too scared to face us with who you are! As you see my name is posted & I could less who you are but you have too be afraid of us knowing who you are!! Obviously you envy me or you would show you name!!
The Rescues Squads

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 9, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I don't usually do this committing on a bunch of nonsense,but this time I am because I have talked to a lot of the people in this business and they feel the same way I do about a lady that has been in the EMS a number of years,First of all I can tell you she has more respect for the EMS than any other person I know. You can mention her name anywhere in the County and they know her from the works she does. She is one of the best EMT'S in the county. I think all the EMS people will agree with me. She has the respect of the people she takes to the hospital,also the hospitals have very high regards for her and the work she does and all the police departments respects her.What I want to say is I hope she doesn't pay any attention to all this hog wash this person has been saying on this topic about her because she is too nice a person to let some one with no class get her down.
The Rescues Squads

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 9, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I couldn't get my name on the post ,it was too many letters. But I am JR speaking up for this Lady. The person that has started this topic has been pinned down to a blackberry phone and we will have the number sometime tomorrow. Most of the post on here have come from the same blackberry. I would like to tell this lady if she reads this and wants to bring charges against this person she has the backing of all the EMS in this area and then some from other sources if needed. We appreciate her so much in Lee County. I can only hope to have as much respect as she does. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of288
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Jonesville Forum right now

Search the Jonesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
law enforcement 7 min track this 4
Big pervert 21 min truth stirrer 6
Y are u Targeting Mayor Carter 1 hr goat get r 2
looking for a friend 2 hr TRUTH 5
My wife 7 hr wambam 5
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 11 hr Annie 1,350
Pennington Gap Hotel (Jan '12) Fri whew 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jonesville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jonesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••