Pastor erects sign comparing Obama, Osama; says he wasn't being...

Full story: LA Daily News 7
A South Carolina pastor says he wasn't trying to be political when he posted a sign in front of his church linking Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden. Full Story
Veteran

Stevenson Ranch, CA

#1 Apr 22, 2008
Once a Muslim is always a Muslim. Yes-He can say he is not but you can't think the way he thinks. Are we becoming a third world country or are we there now!!!!! What is he selling but false hopes to the people.
Ana

Big Sky, MT

#2 Apr 22, 2008
Veteran,

Under your logic, a child born of poor parents can't do anything but be poor. A man with liberal parents could not possible become a conservative (or vice versa). Obama, because his father was born a Muslim and his mother a Christian, could not become a Christian. It's in one's blood, right? That is the most UN-American thing I've heard. That what one's parents are the determinants of our future views, and the content of who we are goes against the very notion that we (me and you) get to decide who we are. If we did not think that, we would have never begun this American experiment in 1775.

I don't care if you agree with him or not. I do care that your reasoning skills are so poor and this is what guides you.
Brian

Hawaiian Gardens, CA

#5 Apr 22, 2008
Veteran wrote:
Once a Muslim is always a Muslim. Yes-He can say he is not but you can't think the way he thinks. Are we becoming a third world country or are we there now!!!!! What is he selling but false hopes to the people.
You and the pastor should get together to have some coffee and discuss politics. You both seem just as ignorant and dumb.
sidle

Huntsville, AL

#6 Apr 22, 2008
I just have one question:

The church bus-is it short?
no name

Roxboro, NC

#7 Apr 23, 2008
the sign has been taken down....this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. I have read posts by other people saying they hope that pastor byrd gets killed, calling him horrible names, and putting down the whole south because he made a mistake. I guess everyone seems to think that they are perfect. I don't agree that he should have put that sign up, however, can't people just drop the whole thing? I guess America has nothing better to do. The south may be goofy, but america has gone to the dogs. GOD BLESS this pitiful country!
no name

Roxboro, NC

#8 Apr 23, 2008
I can't believe how everyone has got so upset over someone who may not even be president!  How do we know that he hasn't been here for 20 years training and plotting to become president...hasn't it been said that if America is destroyed it will be from the inside?!  This guy says things that seem to good to be true....He for one will not bring on world peace.  Why wont he pledge to the American flag?  I have never seen so much nonsense in America!
anytownusa

Maysville, MO

#10 Apr 23, 2008
no name wrote:
the sign has been taken down....this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. I have read posts by other people saying they hope that pastor byrd gets killed, calling him horrible names, and putting down the whole south because he made a mistake. I guess everyone seems to think that they are perfect. I don't agree that he should have put that sign up, however, can't people just drop the whole thing? I guess America has nothing better to do. The south may be goofy, but america has gone to the dogs. GOD BLESS this pitiful country!
Be careful they will turn on you and say you're anti-American......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: RTS LLC (Dec '12) Sep 11 Kirby Lover 15
14-year-old Girl Dies Week After Golf Cart Fall (Jan '08) Sep 9 FearGod-ForChange 16
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Sep 8 mossad was hacked 1,150
Calvary Hill Girls Home Sep 7 JesusLovesYou 2
Tommy Pope to resign (Sep '06) Sep 2 Sad Justice - NC 44
Any one knows John Birch from Boothill band? (Aug '09) Aug '14 Your mom 16
Scam Alert, the "We'll pay you to decal your ca... Aug '14 captianobvious 1
•••
•••
•••

Jonesville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jonesville People Search