Pastor Creates Stir With Obama-Osama ...

Pastor Creates Stir With Obama-Osama Sign

There are 23 comments on the NBC 5 Chicago story from Apr 22, 2008, titled Pastor Creates Stir With Obama-Osama Sign. In it, NBC 5 Chicago reports that:

A South Carolina pastor said he wasn't trying to be political when he posted a sign in front of his church linking Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5 Chicago.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bev-

Cranbury, NJ

#2 Apr 22, 2008
My God have mercy on your souls.
FLOR

Wallingford, CT

#3 Apr 22, 2008
Quite honestly, me being a christian find this sign to be extremely offensive. I do not see how this self-proclaimed christian church can excuse this behavior. The sign should come down. Just because we are christians, does not give us the right to bring people down and/or judge them people by their names, when we know nothing about them. God have mercy on them and shame on them for stooping to this level.
wicked

Newington, CT

#4 Apr 22, 2008
I thought I read that he was brought up as a muslim....????? hmmm.......
Don Magic Juan

Springfield, IL

#5 Apr 22, 2008
Stupid rednecks, full of ignorance and hate.
Girl Friend

Mohegan Lake, NY

#6 Apr 22, 2008
leave the sign up, it suits him !! Obama was in fact linked to a domestic terrorist group. God help us if he wins the nomination..
Girl Friend

Mohegan Lake, NY

#7 Apr 22, 2008
leave the sign up it suits him, just recently he was in fact linked to a domestic terrorist group. Which Obama did not deny!
Girl Friend

Mohegan Lake, NY

#8 Apr 22, 2008
wicked wrote:
I thought I read that he was brought up as a muslim....????? hmmm.......
Yes he was..
adoss

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

#9 Apr 22, 2008
this pastor is a fake and racist
Ana

Belgrade, MT

#10 Apr 22, 2008
I have emailed the IRS to notify them that this church might be overstepping its bounds and violating its tax-exempt status. I sincerely hope they are investigated.

It is a sad state of affairs when a church who holds itself to Christian principles -- being their brother's keeper, not bearing false witness against your neighbor -- engages in this sort of smear. Thanks for your utter hypocrisy. I'm sure your God will not hold that against you in the pearly gates of heaven.
hil LIAR y

United States

#11 Apr 22, 2008
'First lady bill' just got caught again last night; he was cussing and carrying on about bringing up the "race card" after he thought the mic was off!

Do the delusional "women power" voters really want to put him back in the white house? Do they not remember how our country was humiliated and embarrassed by them? Whether the impeachment was right or wrong; will the country be ready to put him back into the whitehouse? Even if it's just as a "first lady"?

'Bubba' hopes they forget all about his past, so he can resume his cabinet position of "official whale-tail thong inspector"! Heck, he's hoping to do the interviews and hiring of interns for his business partner wife. If he's lucky, he might even get to play secretary again with another cigar!!

..........good times!
Danger Cat

Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 22, 2008
I would expect this kind of tactic from a child, not from a grown man, let alone the pastor of a church. And since the congregation unanimously voted to keep it up, let it stay up to show just how ignorance comes across in great numbers. Does the concept of growing up mean anything nowadays? Rhetorical question.
cwoodman

Hamden, CT

#13 Apr 22, 2008
This is totally outrageous! How can anyone say they are a Christian and then judge anyone else...You should all be ashamed of yourself. You need to ask " what would Jesus do?"
Ronnie

Roseland, NJ

#14 Apr 22, 2008
its pretty sad that a Pastor would do that. & those accusing Obama with terrosrist links should research your facts!
Saywhat

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 22, 2008
Ignorance and religion is a very dangerous combination. There should be a minimum IQ requirement for these bible humpers before they can profess to be "pastors." This guy must have poking the choir boys when the fuss over "reverend" bubba wright erupted
tsp

Reno, NV

#16 Apr 22, 2008
Good call to have the internal revenue service look into this. There is supposed to be a separation of church and state. Using the church to show political psoters going against that. The jpastor saying that isn't a political sttekment shows hes also a liar isn't that against the ten commandments.
bmoney

United States

#17 Apr 22, 2008
The town needs money, so the only thing they could think of is to, cause a stir to drum up some interest in there town, taxes are going up people are losing there homes, they need to garner some interest in there town so people will know it's still alive!
A Very Nice Lawn

San Jose, CA

#18 Apr 22, 2008
I hope the church lawn wasn't damaged.
webgirl2

Providence Forge, VA

#20 Apr 23, 2008
I agree with Ana from Nye, Mt! Church and State are supposed to be separate and should not be allowed to benefit from being tax exempt and still be able to jump in the political arena. As for the rest of you, are you saying that his grandparents who raised him were Muslims?
webgirl2

Providence Forge, VA

#21 Apr 23, 2008
I agree with Ana from Nye, MT, when was the last time this so called christian read his Bible? He and his congregation are throwing stones at a person he does not even know! What happened to church and state being separate. As for the rest who are also throwing stones, did any of you get a good look at pictures of his grandparents who raised him. Do they look like muslims to you?
Clintin

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Apr 23, 2008
HILLARY: JESUS FAILED TO REBUKE SINNERS
Her Pedestal, NY (AP)- Presumptive President-elect-to-be Hillary Clinton Wednesday railed against Christians like fallen candidate Barack Obama for following a person like Jesus Christ who repeatedly failed to rebuke sinners. "If I've learned anything from my years of experience it is to distance yourself from anyone known to have ever done anything wrong or else it will only rub off on you and is then fair game to be used against you. Failure to do so shows a lack of Political intelligence," she said. "It goes against everything I stand for."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calvary Hill Girls Home (Jul '14) Jul 9 cathvarn 10
Reidville Road McDonalds (Aug '10) Jun 30 hunterbs 6
The Midnight Sun (Mar '10) Jun '16 Yeah Right 16
Spartanburg Music Selection (Aug '12) Jun '16 Musikologist 15
News Nikki Haley Supports Spartanburg "Resettlement"... (Apr '15) Jun '16 davy 46
Female fwb wanted Jun '16 Maintance man 1
Dirty sex offender Jerry Neal Morris from Dunca... (Aug '14) May '16 Toracey 2

Jonesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesville Mortgages