Pastor Creates Stir With Obama-Osama ...

Pastor Creates Stir With Obama-Osama Sign - Politics News Story...

There are 33 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Apr 22, 2008, titled Pastor Creates Stir With Obama-Osama Sign - Politics News Story.... In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

A South Carolina pastor said he wasn't trying to be political when he posted a sign in front of his church linking Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#1 Apr 22, 2008
You really have to wonder how the Democrats got themselves into a position where a leading candidate not only has a last name that is one letter away from our favorite national boogeyman, but also has the middle name of the Middle Eastern tyrant we defeated.

It's a name tailor-made for attack ads. By September people in Kansas will be convinced that the Senator is Saddam's cousin, or bin Laden's.

Since the Democrats are probably sensitive to charges that they are soft on terrorism or insufficiently supportive of the troops, you have to wonder how such a candidate (who was raised in muslim schools, to boot) could have a serious shot at the nomination. You would think the Democrats would want to run someone tru-blue and American-sounding.
Greg

Arlington, VA

#2 Apr 22, 2008
Too funny.... not really.... it absolutely amazes me every time I see the ultra conservative religious zealots attempt to wield their power over their people in such a way......

The pastor tells them look, act, vote, or whatever in such a manner and they do... lost little sheep with no idea how to find their own way, or make their own knowledgeable choice..
Ammanda

Ferndale, MI

#3 Apr 22, 2008
The last I checked it was not a crime to have his last name. My best friend has the last name of Klan. Does that mean that she is a racist? Please! The beauty of this nation is that everyone has the right to think, feel and believe the way that he/she wants to. The preacher has every right to put the sign up and the american public has every right to shake their heads at his silly butt and his congregation. What he really needs to do is read into the bio of both men and see naturally that they ARENT brothers by blood. We all are brothers under God (whatever you choose his name to be). Give me a break! The sign that needs to be posted outside of his church is.. "Bring me your tired, your poor, your hungry, your weary.. for we will comfort them, cloth them, feed them and respect them"
Debi

Washington, DC

#4 Apr 22, 2008
As a "lost little sheep", I feel that the sign is inappropriate and slanderous. I think the sign should be removed, and an apology issued.
Ana

Belgrade, MT

#5 Apr 22, 2008
Winston Smith,

Obama was not raised in a Muslim school. He went to a local school in Indonesia but it was not a Muslim school. Thanks for disseminating false information.

What blows my mind is how a self-reporting Christian pastor can so easily overlook the very Christian principles he preaches at the pulpit: Do not bear false witness against your neighbor and be your brother's keeper.

That level of hypocrisy should be well viewed by their god.
mr Giblets

UK

#6 Apr 22, 2008
Ammanda wrote:
The last I checked it was not a crime to have his last name. My best friend has the last name of Klan. Does that mean that she is a racist? Please! The beauty of this nation is that everyone has the right to think, feel and believe the way that he/she wants to. The preacher has every right to put the sign up and the american public has every right to shake their heads at his silly butt and his congregation. What he really needs to do is read into the bio of both men and see naturally that they ARENT brothers by blood. We all are brothers under God (whatever you choose his name to be). Give me a break! The sign that needs to be posted outside of his church is.. "Bring me your tired, your poor, your hungry, your weary.. for we will comfort them, cloth them, feed them and respect them"
but having a Moslem name usually means you are a Moslem. Hussein is a moslem name. The entire islamic world has names which are fundamentally Islamic. if you convert you must get a moslem name. If he is not a moslem, he should have changed his name to a Christian one.

“a'Round We Go”

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#7 Apr 22, 2008
I do not blame Obama for not wearing a USA pin. It is idolatry. Wearing a pin is Anti-Christian Anti-Jewish and Anti-Islamic. Read the 10 Commandments that says to worship no false idols. Nationalism is idolatry.
Tom

AOL

#8 Apr 22, 2008
If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, has name like a duck, it is a duck. His momma's baby daddy (His father) was a Muslim and that is close enough kin for me. Imagine voting for a Nazi during WWII. Now people want us to vote for a guy with a Muslim name when we are at war with radical Muslims?? Don't think so.
Alice Arlington

Cabin John, MD

#9 Apr 22, 2008
You can not exspect anything else from these redneck bigots. They get up on Sunday morning preaching how Jesus love us, but Monday they forgot when Jesus was ask who is you, he never made any distention. It's like the joke when a group of Baptish got to heaven Pete told the Catholic to hide behind the curtain for awhile until this group adjusted. That will be the same when we stand before and he ask you when did you love your brother and he open the curtain and there stand the Muslims. We never quit get who is our brother until it's too late. I don't Christ will never return until there is peace on earth as heaven as he said in the Lord's prayer. So doult any one here now will ever see him return.
Speechless

United States

#10 Apr 22, 2008
It is a sad day in America "the -supposed- land of the FREE" when please are still judged not only by the color of their skin, but also by their name. It is no different then determining if I am a black or white or Hispanic or Asian man or woman, by my first or last name. It scares me to know that no matter how far people think America has come we are still living in the dark and people are still placing judgment on things they do not know and understand. Obama is who he is as that's the end of the story. People, listen to yourselves. Is this the way you want your children to learn about differences? Think about it, if Obama was a Muslim, he would have been sworn into office with the coran (Muslim bible for those that are ignorant and chose to be uneducated) not the CHRISTIAN BIBLE!!!(as he was) Get your facts straight before you spout out the side of your neck and make untrue and unproven comments. Walks like duck, talks like a duck, moves like a duck, has a name like a duck (TOM)...then to me you sound like a racist and based on your comments, you are.
Speechless

United States

#11 Apr 22, 2008
It is a sad day in America "the -supposed- land of the FREE" when people are still judged not only by the color of their skin, but also by their name. It is no different then determining if I am a black or white or Hispanic or Asian man or woman, by my first or last name. It scares me to know that no matter how far people think America has come we are still living in the dark and people are still placing judgment on things they do not know and understand. Obama is who he is as that's the end of the story. People, listen to yourselves. Is this the way you want your children to learn about differences? Think about it, if Obama was a Muslim, he would have been sworn into office with the coran (Muslim bible for those that are ignorant and chose to be uneducated) not the CHRISTIAN BIBLE!!!(as he was) Get your facts straight before you spout out the side of your neck and make untrue and unproven comments. Walks like duck, talks like a duck, moves like a duck, has a name like a duck (TOM)...then to me you sound like a racist and based on your comments, you are.

Since: May 07

Candler, NC

#12 Apr 22, 2008
Greg wrote:
Too funny.... not really.... it absolutely amazes me every time I see the ultra conservative religious zealots attempt to wield their power over their people in such a way......
The pastor tells them look, act, vote, or whatever in such a manner and they do... lost little sheep with no idea how to find their own way, or make their own knowledgeable choice..
Are you talking about Rev. Jeremiah Wright?

Since: May 07

Candler, NC

#13 Apr 22, 2008
Debi wrote:
As a "lost little sheep", I feel that the sign is inappropriate and slanderous. I think the sign should be removed, and an apology issued.
Don't you believe in freedom of speech and freedom of religion?
Mike

Temple Hills, MD

#15 Apr 22, 2008
Racist? Give a listen to Obama's pastor "Rev" Wright. That kind of hateful garbage is ok ?, but at the same time you can't wait to slam this other Pastor? Everyone who promotes the hatefulness of the Obama/Wright team needs to GROW UP!
Phil

Cerritos, CA

#16 Apr 22, 2008
mr Giblets wrote:
<quoted text>but having a Moslem name usually means you are a Moslem. Hussein is a moslem name. The entire islamic world has names which are fundamentally Islamic. if you convert you must get a moslem name. If he is not a moslem, he should have changed his name to a Christian one.
It's amazing to see the level of stupidity some people have with their logic. I think you and the pastor have lots common.
dotbea

Woodbridge, VA

#17 Apr 22, 2008
Those people just showed their ignorance.
Lance Winslow

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#18 Apr 22, 2008
Is it true that Obama announced he will pave the roads in America with gold, that's what the bloggers are saying now.
Milana

Detroit, MI

#19 Apr 22, 2008
To Mike in Bowie, MD....you do realize that when Bill Clinton was in the midst of the Monica Lewinsky scandal the Clinton's called on Reverend Wright as their spiritual counselor? You did know that didn't you? Well, just in case you didn't.......
Lance Winslow

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#21 Apr 22, 2008
I apologize for that last comment, but, I thought it was kind of funny, I will not tell how hard it is for me to keep quiet during such events.
G L Rockwell

Cockeysville, MD

#22 Apr 22, 2008
Well look at it this way. Perhaps the precher could have put out a sign that said Obama Bush Christian. No that would confuse people so much they really would not know what to think. Obama has our one time ally one Mr. Saddam Hussein who has the same last name as Mr. Obama's middle name. So what is in a name. A rose is a rose....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dirty sex offender Jerry Neal Morris from Dunca... (Aug '14) May 26 Toracey 2
Police Corruption in South Carolina (Aug '09) Apr '16 Mike 75
News Tommy Pope to resign (Sep '06) Apr '16 SheCoop 48
News Upstate sheriff says NAACP is racist like the K... Apr '16 Will E Lynch 4
News In case you missed it: Warrenville couple charg... Apr '16 Lucy 1
News SMC recognized for birth outcomes Apr '16 Lucy 1
News Publisher reissues genealogies of early South C... Apr '16 Lucy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesville Mortgages