BREAKING NEWS: Jackson Township shooting

BREAKING NEWS: Jackson Township shooting

There are 120 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Feb 11, 2011, titled BREAKING NEWS: Jackson Township shooting. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Lebanon County Coroner Dr. Jeffrey Yocum was called to the scene of a shooting in Jackson Township early today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
MommaMia

Lebanon, PA

#1 Feb 11, 2011
Sheesh!What in the world is going on?

People, gunfire is not the answer!
Crap

Perth Amboy, NJ

#2 Feb 11, 2011
They created Megan's Law to protect children from child predators. When are they going to create a database to protect men and women from repeat offenders of domestic violence? Not saying that it would have prevented this incident but how many men and women blindly get into relationships with individuals who are chronic batterers and they don't know it until it's too late?
carl

Quarryville, PA

#3 Feb 11, 2011
or stay in a relationship thats abusive?
justme

York, PA

#4 Feb 11, 2011
How incredibly sad. It's amazing to know that this was going on as most of the rest of us were getting ready for another Friday at work and this family evidently was suffering horribly. It's just SO sad. It depresses me but I know at least I'm not in such a fatal state of mind.
bobbi

Lebanon, PA

#5 Feb 11, 2011
Crap wrote:
They created Megan's Law to protect children from child predators. When are they going to create a database to protect men and women from repeat offenders of domestic violence? Not saying that it would have prevented this incident but how many men and women blindly get into relationships with individuals who are chronic batterers and they don't know it until it's too late?
I AGREE with you, but the problem is sometimes people know and they still keep going back :(
uh_really

Stewartstown, PA

#6 Feb 11, 2011
Crap wrote:
Or a database to track people who cheated on their partner or who don't buy their partner a valentine gift? That way we know not to get into a relationship with them until it's too late. You can't keep creating broader and broader databases to track and notify everyone of everything.

And kudos to you for somehow linking this to a history of domestic violence with no information at all. I'm almost surprised you didn't throw something in there complaining about gun rights while you were at it.
MommaMia

Lebanon, PA

#7 Feb 11, 2011
Crap wrote:
This!

I feel SO sorry for that innocent little girl. I hope she gets the proper help to deal with this. It would be a traumatic thing for anyone to witness, but a little kid!?:'(
sadforfamily

Hershey, PA

#8 Feb 11, 2011
What is wrong with people. Its hard enough for children growing up in todays world, now this poor girl has to live with knowing her father shot her mother and then used her to protect himself?? Rot in jail...
uh_really

Stewartstown, PA

#9 Feb 11, 2011
Oh, and before you flip out, there already exists a database for tracking domestic violence. If you think your potential life partner is that sketchy of an individual then just pay for a background check or spend the 15 minutes it would take you online to do it yourself for free.

On a side note, I find the killing of the wife AND dog but not the daughter or himself kind of interesting. What did the dog do??
Sympathy

Roxbury, PA

#10 Feb 11, 2011
This story is heartbreaking. I can't even imagine what that little girl is going through...
uh_really

Stewartstown, PA

#11 Feb 11, 2011
The details around using the girl as a hostage seem kind of odd. It sounds more like he brought her outside to protect her. He brought her out unarmed and released her. Perhaps he wasn't expecting that much return fire when he started shooting and figured she would be safer outside. If he had any intent to harm her he would have done so before calling 911. And what was the human shield for? Perhaps if he had a waiting vehicle to attempt an escape in, then use a shield to get there. But if he had any intention of running, he wouldn't have bothered calling the shooting in himself.
sad

Mechanicsburg, PA

#12 Feb 11, 2011
This is so unbelieveably sad. And to use his own daughter as a shield to protect HIS life??? I pray their daughter gets all the love and support from family and community that she can handle, because she is going to need it. ANOTHER domestic violence killing in Lebanon County. This has got to stop!
LouAnne

United States

#13 Feb 11, 2011
uh_really wrote:
<quoted text>
Or a database to track people who cheated on their partner or who don't buy their partner a valentine gift? That way we know not to get into a relationship with them until it's too late. You can't keep creating broader and broader databases to track and notify everyone of everything.
And kudos to you for somehow linking this to a history of domestic violence with no information at all. I'm almost surprised you didn't throw something in there complaining about gun rights while you were at it.
You're right, my first thought was that it was domestic.

I'm not trying to be right, but the way it was carried out doesn't sound accidental at all. What else could it be?
uh_really

Stewartstown, PA

#14 Feb 11, 2011
LouAnne wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, my first thought was that it was domestic.
I'm not trying to be right, but the way it was carried out doesn't sound accidental at all. What else could it be?
Oh, I'm sure it wasn't accidental. But you were calling for a registry of repeat domestic violence offenders because of this incident - with no knowledge of whether he had a violent history or not. Why couldn't this have been his first time? Albeit, jumping straight to homicide is probably not very common...must offenders take a while to work up to that.
cops

Mechanicsburg, PA

#15 Feb 11, 2011
sorry for the lady and the 10 year old girl. At least no police officers were killed. Everyone should respect the job they do- yes, even in little old Jackson Township Lebanon County- as you we see STUFF happens everywhere!
uuhhh

Lebanon, PA

#16 Feb 11, 2011
uh_really wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I'm sure it wasn't accidental. But you were calling for a registry of repeat domestic violence offenders because of this incident - with no knowledge of whether he had a violent history or not. Why couldn't this have been his first time? Albeit, jumping straight to homicide is probably not very common...must offenders take a while to work up to that.
"According to court records, Jonathan Eisenhauer pleaded guilty to and was sentenced for recklessly endangering another person in August 2005, drunken driving in December 2003, and simple assault in July 1999."
She got the information from the article.
laughs at clowns

Pottstown, PA

#17 Feb 11, 2011
hey !! its a white guy this time
Crap

Perth Amboy, NJ

#18 Feb 11, 2011
uh_really wrote:
<quoted text>
He's got a history of eluding the police, reckless endangerment, and aggravated assault. Glad that you're sticking up for this scum bag. Cheating on your partner and killing your partner are two completely different things. It's a shame you can't see that. You're part of the problem.
manda

Lebanon, PA

#19 Feb 11, 2011
laughs at clowns wrote:
hey !! its a white guy this time
It doesnt matter what color a person is, when someone snaps for some stupid reason as to no one knows why things can happen, why people do something so horrible no one knows. The poor little girl is going to have to live with the image for the rest of her life. as for her father he should rot in jail, low life!!! But as I said anyone any color an race any age for some reason could do something like this whether its at school.home,work, or just randomly out in public.. I wish for the best for the little girl she needs all the family support and comfort she can get right now... xoxox
uh_really

Stewartstown, PA

#20 Feb 11, 2011
uuhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
"According to court records, Jonathan Eisenhauer pleaded guilty to and was sentenced for recklessly endangering another person in August 2005, drunken driving in December 2003, and simple assault in July 1999."
She got the information from the article.
Thanks, Einstein. Take a look at the time comments were posted vs. the last time the article was updated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman who fought with Lebanon cops sent to prison Fri LionTamer 1
judge kline is an idot (Oct '10) Jun 21 Disgusted also 134
Review: On The Corner Grocery (Oct '12) Jun 18 Goodluck 19
News Brian Hendricks of Lebanon charged with fraud, ... (Jul '13) Jun 8 Woodpecker 8
Tomah May 29 AP news 2
Lebanon County Corrupt Judges (May '09) May 27 Rachel Vaughan 151
Rita Hirsch May 26 AP news 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonestown Mortgages