Jonesborough Babtist Tabernacle Church or Cult

Posted in the Jonesborough Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Larry

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

To all that may see the post that others have posted they post such lies and bring shame to those who love the Word of God our Church and Pastor. Please come Join us before you even think on what has been said by those who blaspheme the Word of God blaspheme= speak evil of.... Mar 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Larry

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Aug 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Those who wrote on this without name tells lies and are out to destroy rather than work for God. Jonesborough Baptist Tabernacle is the #1 best Church this Side of heaven. Dr.Fred Holcomb is the #1 best Pastor this side of heaven he has been there ever time we have needed him. He preaches the KJB King James Bible and those who say he don't don't know know their Bible and I would say they Don't even read their Bible. If they did they would not lie, Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Come Join us in worship we believe in being alive as far as penticostal view on religion, yes we believe in worship in song, preaching, shouting, clapping, maybe even a lap here and there, and testifying all to bring Glory to God. To those who want to be twiced dead and plucked up by the roots feel free to do so but by the Grace of God we will not be a part of the falling away.
All I am Gonna say is all those above who are afraid to sign their name to their comment God is not at all in that. God don't handle things that way and neither should those that are saved.
YOU HANDLED YOUR PROBLEM WRONG
Words Of Jesus
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Mat 5:23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
Mat 5:24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
Mat 5:25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
Mat 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
Mat 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
Mat 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
That is the very way dear reader that you may know they are wrong not our Pastor Dr. Fred Holcomb.
He is a Great Pastor and Friend and our Church is the best.
Just Saying

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

where is the great Dr. Holcomb now and why did this church evolve from a divided church, the church next to McDonalds that is now a dr.s office was sold and that is how the church got its money after its well loved pastor dided of cancer. The people who did not like pastor Holcomb formed a new church on Highway 81 near Davy Crockett and the remainder joined the Free Will Babtist church on Old Boones Creek built wiht money for the commercial church property. They should build a mosque next to your church or a Jewish synagogue. Thenlets see how much love would pour out of the Jonesborough Tabanacle Church. This is the same church who displayed the word sodomy on its billboard for weeks.
Indy

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jul 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

JBT did not "evolve" from a divided anything. Get ur facts from someone who really knows. And as for SODOMY...IT IS SIN...read your BIBLE. You are an unlearned idiot...just saying. And by the way..they have a new Pastor who preaches against the same sin!!!!
Jesus Saves

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jul 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Just Saying wrote:
where is the great Dr. Holcomb now and why did this church evolve from a divided church, the church next to McDonalds that is now a dr.s office was sold and that is how the church got its money after its well loved pastor dided of cancer. The people who did not like pastor Holcomb formed a new church on Highway 81 near Davy Crockett and the remainder joined the Free Will Babtist church on Old Boones Creek built wiht money for the commercial church property. They should build a mosque next to your church or a Jewish synagogue. Thenlets see how much love would pour out of the Jonesborough Tabanacle Church. This is the same church who displayed the word sodomy on its billboard for weeks.
Being a Pastor is a calling of God which means you follow God's calling and His will. An answer for you question of where pastor Holcomb is....He is in God's will!! He left JBT on great terms with every member. He still loves each of us and we still love him and his family. As for the word sodomy look it up in a King James Bible. 1 Kings 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the Lord cast out before the children on Israel. Jonesborough Baptist Tabernacle had a GREAT pastor when we had Pastor Holcomb and we now have another Great pastor.
Larry

Bluff City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jul 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I would just like to know when somebody would say something and not attach their name to it. Seems to me as though jealousy is risen up in your body Just Saying. Dr. Fred Holcomb has been a wonderful Pastor to Jonesborough Baptist Tabernacle. And just for you to get your facts a little straight When the split came some went and started a church and OPEN DOOR INDEPENDENT BAPTIST remained the same even after the sale. When it then was moved up on Old Boones Creek Rd. where property had been purchased long before Pastor Holcomb became Pastor for that very reason. If you have any further comments to say sign your name to it and don't hide behind FALSE NAME. And further more if you weren't there that would put your words and thoughts to meaning nothing. Now shhhh and quit trying to hinder the Work of God. I must ask why you are so jealous of such a GREAT MAN OF GOD. and I must warn you to speak against a man of God you are speaking against God Himself. Just for your info JBT nor Dr. Fred Holcomb needs your approval we all have God's.
Dr. Fred Holcomb never Preached or Taught out side the King James Bible. Sorry you are one of the ones that can not take straight preaching.
Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
you might should remove your beam.
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
one who knows

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Sep 18, 2012
 

Judged:

2

i was there in 1997 where God gloriously saved my wretched soul under the ministry of pastor Tony Oliver,truly a man of God. The church seemed to be in a constant state of revival until brother Tony's sickness and homegoing. We as a church under the recomendation from brother Tony prior to his death took brother Holcomb as our new pastor, he formerly being a missionary we supported from the Gulf Coast Prison Ministry. There was a liberal element in our church that really needed to be purged and God put brother Holcomb there to do the job, which he did. But the way it was done i'm not sure was very pleasing to God and I think this is evidenced by the fact that the church still struggles ( in numbers,anyway with that said we know that is not the all important thing) but a truth nevertheless. Im not throwing stones at anyone especially brother Holcomb(at one time at open door i was his right hand man)i still love the man i just dont agree with his view on some scripture and on his view of pastoring. So i left the church after 4 years of sitting under him giving him love respect support but he and i agreed to disagree and we parted ways. It was 4 years of learning some positive, some negative lessons. Everyone should be mature enough to be honest and to grow from our experiences wether good or bad with preacher Holcomb and realize that God providentially and sovereignly does what He wills and all this is His devine plan. Thank God He is in absolute control! God bless all of His people no matter where they worship Him after all it is all about The Lord Jesus Christ and not us. p.s I can take preaching the tighter the straighter the better but absolutely biblical.
Larry wrote:
I would just like to know when somebody would say something and not attach their name to it. Seems to me as though jealousy is risen up in your body Just Saying. Dr. Fred Holcomb has been a wonderful Pastor to Jonesborough Baptist Tabernacle. And just for you to get your facts a little straight When the split came some went and started a church and OPEN DOOR INDEPENDENT BAPTIST remained the same even after the sale. When it then was moved up on Old Boones Creek Rd. where property had been purchased long before Pastor Holcomb became Pastor for that very reason. If you have any further comments to say sign your name to it and don't hide behind FALSE NAME. And further more if you weren't there that would put your words and thoughts to meaning nothing. Now shhhh and quit trying to hinder the Work of God. I must ask why you are so jealous of such a GREAT MAN OF GOD. and I must warn you to speak against a man of God you are speaking against God Himself. Just for your info JBT nor Dr. Fred Holcomb needs your approval we all have God's.
Dr. Fred Holcomb never Preached or Taught out side the King James Bible. Sorry you are one of the ones that can not take straight preaching.
Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
you might should remove your beam.
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
lisa

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You need to read up on cults... almost identical - cult - holcomb
Larry

Bluff City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Nov 30, 2012
 
Hey Lisa give it a rest don't be a stirring if you want to stir please stir lost people to come to Christ not push them over the edge into hell by bitter bickering in the Churches of God.
sunday cop

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Dec 28, 2012
 
This has been interesting reading!
Micheal

Watauga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Pastor Fred Holcomb is a good man.
rosey

Portage, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

to "one who knows", I don't recall Pastor Holcomb having a "right hand man"....they went out from us because they were not of us....
Sunday cop.....eat ur cake ;]
Chad

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Apr 29, 2013
 
I will graduate after the Summer with a B.A. in Writing, Editing and Publishing Management from an accredited state university, Metropolitan State in Saint Paul, MN. Prior to this degree, I pursued a B.S. in Management Information Systems. That was from Liberty University.

I hold an unaccredited Doctorate of Biblical Studies degree from Gulf Coast Bible Institute. I am also concurrently pursuing a Bachelor's degree from another unaccredited Bible college out of Washington at this time as well. I am quite impressed with much of the curriculum so far. I can attest that the degree program of Gulf Coast Bible Institute is NOT a diploma mill and does require true effort in the areas of study and work on the part of the student. I do not use a title, but I would not use the title of "Doctor" if I graduated from Harvard Divinity school or some other school.

The point is, Gulf Coast Bible Institute is NOT accredited because the pastor and the church overseeing the degree program do not believe the world has any right to impose their standards on the church when it comes to educating the child of God for the ministry because submission to accreditation means the world can dictate what is taught in the classroom.

The end-game is the issue of understanding that accreditation can mean nothing. I have been in programs that are accredited that are worthless and anyone could pass with no effort. If you think a lack of accreditation means a school is a diploma mill then your mentality will not be altered easily.

Sure, there are some diploma mills out there, but not all religious institutions fall into that category. The ones that should worry the believer is the ones that offer honorary degrees left and right.

The post is old, but I wanted to put my two cents in to defend the credibility of GCBI and Pastor Tabb. The curriculum is an excellent one and on par with many other accredited institutions of higher learning. The only things missing are general electives which are not tied to the Bible (i.e.- math, science, English, etc.).
rosey

New Castle, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
May 6, 2013
 
Chad, thank you so much for defending GCBI and the mn of God. Bless you!
Melinda

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Nov 30, 2013
 
What in the world made people feel like this toward him for what happened
Becky wrote:
Dr. Fred Holcomb is a great man of God who has been a GREAT pastor for me and my family for 7 years. He actually just led my son to Christ this month.He and his family have been a true blessing to our church family and my personal family.Jonesborough Bapist Tabernacle is a great church not a cult. Our doors are open for all to come. That is our hope that sinners would enter those doorsand choose Christ as their saviour&that christianswould grow in Christ.I would invite and encourage anyone to come attend our church for an old fashion time of worship.Sunday morning 11:00, Sunday evening 6:00 and Wednesday evening 7:00
eb

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Feb 17, 2014
 
Is he the "keep looking up" guy? I always get a real creepy vibe off of him when I see him around town.
Libertysfirstlad y

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Feb 21, 2014
 
Well bless ur heart....this is his wife and I assure you he's not the creep....this is soooo a dead horse u people keep riding!!
He's the man of God ....he only tries to do what he's been called to do....
He says to keep looking up to encourage u...where will u b dear friend when Christ returns to this earth?
What will u b found doing? Looking up or stumbling around in sin?
Melinda...u have no business on this forum , please
Melinda

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Feb 23, 2014
 
You will never be the First Lady maybe last, and u ant got no right playing head games with me and I'm not stumbling around in sin!!!!Liberty is good church and you ant Libertys first maybe last ha ha !!! Shock that bloomers!!
Former

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Saturday Apr 5
 
Why are you following this post so closely Ms. Holcomb? It seems suspicious to me that you are so quick to defend yourself. "Turn the other cheek?"
Melinda

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Tuesday Apr 8
 
Former wrote:
Why are you following this post so closely Ms. Holcomb? It seems suspicious to me that you are so quick to defend yourself. "Turn the other cheek?"
. Guess she is fed up with the crap !!people need grow up!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Jonesborough Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jonesborough People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••