Appeals Court throws out Johnson City...

Appeals Court throws out Johnson City murder conviction

There are 17 comments on the WCYB story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Appeals Court throws out Johnson City murder conviction. In it, WCYB reports that:

Dale Larkin was originally sentenced to life in prison after being convicted of first degree murder of his wife Terri.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCYB.

meme

Knoxville, TN

#1 Mar 28, 2013
way to go tony clark another case screwed up and how much will this cost us washington county taxpayers.thankfully the election is only a year away.
Dave

Knoxville, TN

#2 Mar 28, 2013
What major case has he not messed up? Jerome Cochran will make an excellent District Attorney unless Ken Baldwin would enter the race.
Info

Waterford, MI

#3 Mar 28, 2013
Serves him right for trying to prosecute an innocent man just to feed his horses ass ego. Appellate court reversed the courts initial decision on 8 counts. Wow. Talking about how much this will cost the taxpayers; just wait until Larkin sues the County & State...
My opinion

Johnson City, TN

#4 Mar 28, 2013
Innocent man? 12 citizens found him guilty.
Info

Waterford, MI

#5 Mar 28, 2013
No witnesses, no facts, no evidence. That's one Hell of a jury.
Sam

Knoxville, TN

#6 Mar 29, 2013
this prosecutor is only out to make a name for himself when he knew that his main witness was prejudiced in the case he said he was"elated" that the judge allowed him to testify. This prosecutor is not out to follow the laws he is out to bend the laws regardless of innocence and to do whatever un ethical,lies to get a conviction. the good people of this area better take notice of what type of prosecutor Anthony Clark is. I hope there is a way that this man who has been done so wrong can collect from Clark for the wrong that has been committed against him.
My opinion 2

Chatsworth, GA

#7 Mar 29, 2013
The error was in the Judge not the DA you can find it read it yourself online.
JCMan

Knoxville, TN

#8 Mar 30, 2013
To My Opinion 2, You must work for Tony Clark what part of this dont you undestand. The District Attorney used witnesses he knew were prejudiced and charged a man with First Degree Murder and sent him to prison for life through tactics that have been reversed by the State Appeals Court. Our District Attorney needs to be more concern about Justice through Integrity, Truth, Following the Laws instead of convicting what many believe including an unbias group of Jurists to be an innocent man.
Tpxer

Jonesborough, TN

#9 Mar 31, 2013
Perhaps in the next trial the testimony will be pared down to basics and the process will be impeccable, and that man will be sent back to prison.
Shame is, the charge will have to be second degree murder this next time even though the evidence shouts that the crime was premeditated. The jury will have to be determined that justice will be served up to him.
He was allowed to keep $750,000 of the insurance he had taken out on her!
How old is he? Hopefully he will be convicted in the next trial and stay in prison long enough even on a 2nd degree and will not enjoy a lot of years in the Caribbean!
Betsy

Johnson City, TN

#10 Mar 31, 2013
Tpxer wrote:
Perhaps in the next trial the testimony will be pared down to basics and the process will be impeccable, and that man will be sent back to prison.
Shame is, the charge will have to be second degree murder this next time even though the evidence shouts that the crime was premeditated. The jury will have to be determined that justice will be served up to him.
He was allowed to keep $750,000 of the insurance he had taken out on her!
How old is he? Hopefully he will be convicted in the next trial and stay in prison long enough even on a 2nd degree and will not enjoy a lot of years in the Caribbean!
Innocent until proven bankrupt?
The truth

Johnson City, TN

#11 Apr 1, 2013
JCMan wrote:
To My Opinion 2, You must work for Tony Clark what part of this dont you undestand. The District Attorney used witnesses he knew were prejudiced and charged a man with First Degree Murder and sent him to prison for life through tactics that have been reversed by the State Appeals Court. Our District Attorney needs to be more concern about Justice through Integrity, Truth, Following the Laws instead of convicting what many believe including an unbias group of Jurists to be an innocent man.
"Convicting what many believe ... to be an innocent man?" You do know that 12 jurors convicted him after hearing the evidence.

You attack the DA's "tactics" but don't know enough about the Court of Appeals' opinion to know that they just made up law to support their opinion that the doctor should not have been allowed. There was no law in all of the country to support that decision.
Justice

Knoxville, TN

#12 Apr 4, 2013
It is a shame that Tony Clark would be saying what a victory he won when he was allowed to use an obvious prejudiced witness against Dale Larkin. Tony Clark could care less about Justice it is about him getting his picture in the paper.A competent D.A. would follow the law and not stoop to any level to get a conviction.I think that Clark should resign from office and allow someone competent to take over.
Interested to know

Mount Juliet, TN

#13 Apr 5, 2013
Dave wrote:
What major case has he not messed up? Jerome Cochran will make an excellent District Attorney unless Ken Baldwin would enter the race.
Sooooo .... what you're saying is that Ken Baldwin enters the race, and Jerome Cochran becomes a not-so-excellent District Attorney.
Good thinking.
IMHO

Mount Juliet, TN

#14 Apr 5, 2013
You obviously haven't read the Court of Appeals opinion. Go read it and get educated. The Court of Appeals reversed the conviction on several other grounds besides this one. The reason why there's no other case like this in the country is because it's obvious on its face that the doctor had a conflict of interest.
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"Convicting what many believe ... to be an innocent man?" You do know that 12 jurors convicted him after hearing the evidence.
You attack the DA's "tactics" but don't know enough about the Court of Appeals' opinion to know that they just made up law to support their opinion that the doctor should not have been allowed. There was no law in all of the country to support that decision.
wow

Kingsport, TN

#15 Apr 16, 2013
Info wrote:
No witnesses, no facts, no evidence. That's one Hell of a jury.
OJ was innocent too, right?
Truth

La Follette, TN

#16 Apr 16, 2013
How is it that Tony Clark is to blame for this case? Tony is just doing his job to prosecute.
wow

Elizabethton, TN

#17 Apr 26, 2013
Info wrote:
Serves him right for trying to prosecute an innocent man just to feed his horses ass ego. Appellate court reversed the courts initial decision on 8 counts. Wow. Talking about how much this will cost the taxpayers; just wait until Larkin sues the County & State...
Where is your concern for the murdered wife?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terry Ledford (Mar '15) 1 hr Andi 62
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 3 hr Tanya 1,525
Tax And Spend David Tomita 4 hr Jonesborough Guy 15
Phil Roe on MSNBC (Dec '12) 6 hr Ben Upyers 29
Who is the Ugliest Young Man in Area? 6 hr pimento cheese luva 3
Busted paper 12 hr Hmm2 9
Weekend Jail Jul 17 Otis Campbell 3

Jonesborough Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesborough Mortgages