First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ouster supporter

Johnson City, TN

#1 Aug 5, 2013
“I’m not going to sit here and be the one who says ‘Yeah, there’s going to be a tax increase,’ but it’s looking pretty bleak at this point,” Unicoi County Mayor Greg Lynch said.“We’ll see if they can pull a rabbit out of the hat.”... How about get off your fat ass and lead the county? How about come up with some ways to cut the budget? How about come up with ways to bring revenue into our county other than tourism? How about get us some state grants? How about doing something? A man that supports zoning the county so they can't have stuff in their yards. Bull crap! This worthless good4nothing has got to go! Ouster him!
Harvey Stancil

Johnson City, TN

#2 Aug 5, 2013
“It’s going to be hard to close that 12-cent gap on what’s left, as far as the departments that are left, and pay the sums of the people that they’ve already agreed to,” Lynch said.“I think it’s been pretty smooth thus far in the whole process, but I think the waters are going to get a little choppy right at the end,” Lynch said. “It would be nice to get the budget nailed down that night, but historically, that doesn’t happen.”....Sounds like he wants the county commission to raise taxes to me.
Cee Pee

Johnson City, TN

#3 Aug 5, 2013
Ouster supporter wrote:
“I’m not going to sit here and be the one who says ‘Yeah, there’s going to be a tax increase,’ but it’s looking pretty bleak at this point,” Unicoi County Mayor Greg Lynch said.“We’ll see if they can pull a rabbit out of the hat.”... How about get off your fat ass and lead the county? How about come up with some ways to cut the budget? How about come up with ways to bring revenue into our county other than tourism? How about get us some state grants? How about doing something? A man that supports zoning the county so they can't have stuff in their yards. Bull crap! This worthless good4nothing has got to go! Ouster him!
You can't say you weren't warned about the idiots heading nearly every important department in the county. On Topix we laughed and cajoled about how they spend 3/4 of their paid working hours figuring how to screw the taxpayers, and anybody else that might have something worse absconding. Erwinites are full of it. They talk tough and then run the other way when they think standing up to them might mean one second of personal difficulty. Then you re-elected them again. Enoy the tax increase and get ready for a steady diet of them because they have a lot of idiot cousins that need good jobs. And make sure you pay your property taxes because some of them may already have their eyes on your property.
Hmmm

Jonesborough, TN

#4 Aug 5, 2013
Cee Pee wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't say you weren't warned about the idiots heading nearly every important department in the county. On Topix we laughed and cajoled about how they spend 3/4 of their paid working hours figuring how to screw the taxpayers, and anybody else that might have something worse absconding. Erwinites are full of it. They talk tough and then run the other way when they think standing up to them might mean one second of personal difficulty. Then you re-elected them again. Enoy the tax increase and get ready for a steady diet of them because they have a lot of idiot cousins that need good jobs. And make sure you pay your property taxes because some of them may already have their eyes on your property.
That pretty much sums it up in Unicoi County..alot of loud talkers but aint got the balls to get rid of the scumbags when push comes to shove to they deserve what they get.
citizen

Greensboro, NC

#5 Aug 5, 2013
Is the mayor over the budget? I didn't think he even gets to vote on the tax rate. I thought there was a budget committee. Don't the commissioners have to approve the tax increases?
Bill W

Johnson City, TN

#6 Aug 6, 2013
citizen wrote:
Is the mayor over the budget? I didn't think he even gets to vote on the tax rate. I thought there was a budget committee. Don't the commissioners have to approve the tax increases?
Is the mayor over anything? Does he do anything? What has he done for Unicoi County? Nothing!
tebo

Jonesborough, TN

#7 Aug 6, 2013
The county mayor has a very little power he is essentially just an advocate for the county. He has no vote put the blame on the commissioners who have the power to vote they continually lose u money. The mayor actually help lobby the state for Rocky Fork which should generate revenue he was part of the grant that is going to add jobs down n your industrial park he is not perfect or very strong but the blame is skating the people who are responsible commissioners
JET SKI

Johnson City, TN

#8 Aug 8, 2013
those PLANT jobs pay 8 dollars an hour.YOU might get 875 after 15 years.The future looks great.
Say HEY

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Aug 8, 2013
JET SKI wrote:
those PLANT jobs pay 8 dollars an hour.YOU might get 875 after 15 years.The future looks great.
Say HEY, That's what we get when we vote for the GOP and keep out those bad old Unions.
Mr_ED

Johnson City, TN

#10 Aug 9, 2013
hmmmm you have struck an itteresting note. Do you know much about the "Zoning Laws"?
Ouster supporter wrote:
Martha Lou

Johnson City, TN

#11 Aug 9, 2013
tebo wrote:
The county mayor has a very little power he is essentially just an advocate for the county. He has no vote put the blame on the commissioners who have the power to vote they continually lose u money. The mayor actually help lobby the state for Rocky Fork which should generate revenue he was part of the grant that is going to add jobs down n your industrial park he is not perfect or very strong but the blame is skating the people who are responsible commissioners
Do you actually think Rocky Fork will generate revenue for Unicoi County in this lifetime? I smell another Lynch here, mixed with a little Haslam.
Huh What

Johnson City, TN

#12 Aug 9, 2013
Bill W wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the mayor over anything? Does he do anything? What has he done for Unicoi County? Nothing!
Had he done nothing it would be O.K when compared to a $350 to 500,000 deficit. Had he done nothing would have been OK compared to running interference, and writing checks to inmates, for our mistake and accident prone ex-sheriff. Doing nothing would have been preferable to enabling the bankruptcy of the county hospital. So you see it could be worse. You really owe him an apology.
Rock Creek Ski

Maryville, TN

#13 Sep 6, 2013
Huh What wrote:
<quoted text>Had he done nothing it would be O.K when compared to a $350 to 500,000 deficit. Had he done nothing would have been OK compared to running interference, and writing checks to inmates, for our mistake and accident prone ex-sheriff. Doing nothing would have been preferable to enabling the bankruptcy of the county hospital. So you see it could be worse. You really owe him an apology.
Wow! I never really looked at it that way "Huh What". You have a pretty strong argument. You will get your opportunity to vote against the "incompetent" at the next mayorial election. I suggest you vote for someone that really knows what is going on and who has the interest of the citizens more than anyone else - and that person is Mr. John Day! You want "GOOD" change - then you have an option and a decision, or you can continue to be miserable about your constituents who should be representing "you" and "me", i.e "us". Vote John Day - County Mayor - Unicoi County!! I know I am.
just sayin

Elizabethton, TN

#14 Sep 6, 2013
Whoever is elected to replace Lynch needs to be someone who will dedicate themselves to development along exits 43,46, and 50 of I-26 so that tax revenue can be generated for the county. Once you pass the 40 on I-26 going east you can't get a pack of crackers until you get to Mars Hill and you have to go to Ashville to find a good resturant. There is a golden opertunity to do this in the next four or five years with the coming of the new state park at Rocky Fork. The state is allready doing tremendous improvements to the old two lane across Sams Gap.
just saying

Johnson City, TN

#15 Sep 7, 2013
just sayin wrote:
Whoever is elected to replace Lynch needs to be someone who will dedicate themselves to development along exits 43,46, and 50 of I-26 so that tax revenue can be generated for the county. Once you pass the 40 on I-26 going east you can't get a pack of crackers until you get to Mars Hill and you have to go to Ashville to find a good resturant. There is a golden opertunity to do this in the next four or five years with the coming of the new state park at Rocky Fork. The state is allready doing tremendous improvements to the old two lane across Sams Gap.
There is so much to offer a developer on those exits.During the winter months nobody stops on a mountain to buy gas or anything and there isn't enough traffic to entice any restaurant to build. It would be nice for the people living up there but the numbers just doesn't support any actions.No truckers will stop and have to start that climb all over again. And most people that come through eat in either Asheville or Johnson City. The only thing that would support development is locals and numbers just want add up.
another sayin

Johnson City, TN

#16 Sep 7, 2013
Could annex from city limits to top of mountain.
Tod and shelva could be queen tod and king shelva with the rest of the Sheltons as parliament.
thomas the governor,
wilson prime minister,
baileys the cabinet and tourism directors
campbells the ABC board
and hensleys defense department
hensley and Rogers marriage counselors.
Make Day move out there and make him animal control president.
Community center at Temple Hill could be city Hall with Cooper city recorder.
Tourist

United States

#17 Sep 7, 2013
How bout Unicoi?
Rufus

Johnson City, TN

#18 Sep 8, 2013
I've been following the politics in this place long enough to tell you all this much. If you didn't have 20 people running for every office you could elect a good candidate. Another thing, there should be a law that once you run for a public office 2 or 3 times without getting elected, you can't run anymore.
Rock Creek Ski

Maryville, TN

#19 Sep 8, 2013
another sayin wrote:
Could annex from city limits to top of mountain.
Tod and shelva could be queen tod and king shelva with the rest of the Sheltons as parliament.
thomas the governor,
wilson prime minister,
baileys the cabinet and tourism directors
campbells the ABC board
and hensleys defense department
hensley and Rogers marriage counselors.
Make Day move out there and make him animal control president.
Community center at Temple Hill could be city Hall with Cooper city recorder.
"Just Saying" - "Another Saying" and "Rufus" - Nice to see you promoting your own forum. Yawn - Yawn - you are boring and have a self-centered agenda - and it "aint" about the people of Unicoi County. So why don't you just stay in the big city of Johnson City and flock your own johnson? Us Unicoians don't need your commentary -yawn - yawn!!
Lynch

Johnson City, TN

#20 Sep 8, 2013
Rabbit out of the hat my arse. he needs to pull that pe**s out his A**. lol he walks funny :)
Ouster supporter wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
deadbeat dad 3 hr Neil 2
Prostitutes in Johnson City (Jul '12) 7 hr MortonSaults 51
Indiana Thread Censored? 7 hr BlueFishhook 37
Bemberg Plant 9 hr Old Goomer 13
Dawn of Hope 9 hr Pendjo 1
The 2 Percent Takeover 10 hr TheFaxx 1
JC Psychologist John Thurman charged with "Frau... (Dec '10) 10 hr Soc_Security_Cons... 13
More from around the web

Jonesborough People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]