John Day for County Mayor?

Posted in the Jonesborough Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Friend

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jul 21, 2013
Maybe we should give him a try...think about it.
Becca

Rock Hill, SC

#2 Jul 21, 2013
He would certainly be much better than what we have now. Greg Lynch is an embarrassment to our county. He does not make decisions in the best interest of the entire county, just what benefits big brothers Town. His actions are lead by his brother Johnny. He has done nothing positive for the county in the years he has been in office.
Ready

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jul 21, 2013
I think John Day would be a great choice and I hope he goes for it. He appears to be a thinking man and that is what we need.
On The Mountain

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jul 21, 2013
Becca wrote:
He would certainly be much better than what we have now. Greg Lynch is an embarrassment to our county. He does not make decisions in the best interest of the entire county, just what benefits big brothers Town. His actions are lead by his brother Johnny. He has done nothing positive for the county in the years he has been in office.
I agree 100%. In my opinion in more than an embarrassment. He is a prime example of a bad public servant.. Whether he was behind the bogus charge lodged against Day (when he had the nerve to challenge him for the job) is up to reader to decide. But at the very least the timing was suspicious. The proof of course is in the performance and the budget is off by nearly $500,000.
Edward

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Jul 21, 2013
I think he really wants to be Erwins Dog Catcher, so I would vote for that.
Day Supporter

Knoxville, TN

#6 Jul 21, 2013
Mr. Day has done more for the county in the last 2 years FREE OF CHARGE than Lynch has done in the last 7 years. In fact, he's probably spent a lot more time on the clock working for the county than Lynch has. I can't ever find him at the courthouse during working hours.

Somebody told me that Mr. Day already has a campaign committee set up with Charles Apple as his campaign manager and that several people had already contributed big bucks to Mr. Day's campaign. Also heard that Mr. Day is leading Lynch on an online straw poll by 3 to 1.

I voted on that online straw poll at the following Website:

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html...
Embreville

Johnson City, TN

#7 Jul 22, 2013
Day Supporter wrote:
Mr. Day has done more for the county in the last 2 years FREE OF CHARGE than Lynch has done in the last 7 years. In fact, he's probably spent a lot more time on the clock working for the county than Lynch has. I can't ever find him at the courthouse during working hours.
Somebody told me that Mr. Day already has a campaign committee set up with Charles Apple as his campaign manager and that several people had already contributed big bucks to Mr. Day's campaign. Also heard that Mr. Day is leading Lynch on an online straw poll by 3 to 1.
I voted on that online straw poll at the following Website:
Great news. Unfortunately too many in this county have something akin to abused wife syndrome and resent anyone trying to improve their circumstances. Now that all the revelations about their leaders have been reported they will open thir eyes.
Friend

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jul 24, 2013
Mr Day is a very intelligent man and I am thrilled that he even is willing to consider working with Unicoi County to pay forward our wishes for all good things for Unicoi County. I am of the opinion that having 2 brothers for mayors in our county is a conflict of interest. I ask that you will consider Mr Day in the 2014 election.
Yougotit

Shelby, NC

#9 Jul 24, 2013
Friend wrote:
Mr Day is a very intelligent man and I am thrilled that he even is willing to consider working with Unicoi County to pay forward our wishes for all good things for Unicoi County. I am of the opinion that having 2 brothers for mayors in our county is a conflict of interest. I ask that you will consider Mr Day in the 2014 election.
You got my vote, the wife's vote too. Any damn thing would beat that useless fat ass burger chef that we call mayor now. It's time for Greg to get back to makin milkshakes.
Banana Split

Shelby, NC

#10 Jul 24, 2013
Yougotit wrote:
<quoted text>
You got my vote, the wife's vote too. Any damn thing would beat that useless fat ass burger chef that we call mayor now. It's time for Greg to get back to makin milkshakes.
LMAO:) wonder if he will have to hire a consultant to advise him on how to mix peanut butter, milk, and ice cream ?
Becca

United States

#11 Jul 24, 2013
Banana Split wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO:) wonder if he will have to hire a consultant to advise him on how to mix peanut butter, milk, and ice cream ?
No need for a consultant, he has his dumbass brother Johnny to tell him how to do it.
Pour Me A Float

Johnson City, TN

#12 Jul 24, 2013
Banana Split wrote:
<quoted text>
He begrudges the deputies for a $88 dollar a month raise. Men and women who put their life on the line and are already poorly compensated. And then he has the gall to proffer a study as something badly needed. In my opinion the only thing he desires, or badly needs, is the kickback from the flim flam group that would do the study. Wake up Unicoi County!
Dan

Jonesborough, TN

#13 Jul 26, 2013
John day needs to shut up. He and his followers are nuts.
Day Supporter

Knoxville, TN

#14 Jul 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
We're going to love our "nutty" new county mayor next year. So long fatass! Good riddance!
Pour Me a Float

Johnson City, TN

#15 Jul 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
The posts I've read from Day supporters are well written, concise, and informative. The only thing I gather from yours is that you might be monosyllabic.
Dan

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Jul 26, 2013
Pour Me a Float wrote:
<quoted text>
The posts I've read from Day supporters are well written, concise, and informative. The only thing I gather from yours is that you might be monosyllabic.
Lol nice, maybe day can put a picture of a dog on his campaign signs! Is that too monosyllabic for you?
Dan

Jonesborough, TN

#17 Jul 26, 2013
Day Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to love our "nutty" new county mayor next year. So long fatass! Good riddance!
Good luck, he won't get it so the nut can stay home!
Pour Me a Float

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jul 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol nice, maybe day can put a picture of a dog on his campaign signs! Is that too monosyllabic for you?
Leave your old lady out the discussion.
Dan

Jonesborough, TN

#19 Jul 27, 2013
Wow what a comeback, did you think of that yourself or did your 2 year old think of that? Is this the kind of stuff we can expect from dog lover day?
Mr Poll

Knoxville, TN

#20 Jul 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
Wow what a comeback, did you think of that yourself or did your 2 year old think of that? Is this the kind of stuff we can expect from dog lover day?
You must be one of the 19 people who have voted for blubber but Lynch on the online poll. The other 723 who have voted for Mr. Day are laughing at you all the way to the courthouse. So, who's the nut now?

Maybe you should check out the numbers for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob Walker paving 5 hr Need pavement 1
just wondering ? 20 hr Doc Willis 3
just wondering Sun curious 1
April Kinley-Helle Sat CrazyFox 1
INGLES MANAGER Eddie Huffman Sat CrazyFox 2
Marline Gerry Jul 17 BackwoodsBarbie423 2
Jason Stevens Jul 7 Geez 2

Jonesborough Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance