Hospital Bed and Med Supplies

Posted in the Jonesborough Forum

HelpFast

Kingsport, TN

#1 Mar 17, 2013
We are bringing our invalid father home from a rehab center that wasn't successful. If anyone's been thru this, please advise. Since he will spend most of his time in a bed, we'd like to rent the top of the line type bed. I can't really get any info online about area rentals, etc.

Also he is on a cathedor. Any advice there?

He has medicare and we think he qualifies to have PT stop by three times per week ....

Any advice would be appreciated. It's such a trying time. It's been three months of stress.

FOR STARTERS WE NEED A GOOD BED.

Thanks in advance
OldTennGranny

Butler, TN

#2 Mar 18, 2013
CareMed in Johnson City.

Your Dr. will have to order that stuff before it is covered by Medicare. He may have a Home Health Agency that he prefers.

God's very best to u!
Sissy

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Mar 18, 2013
Yes, physician approval first. There is a medical supply business on street near Elizabethton HS, at corner of G Street. This shouldn't be too complicated to arrange.
been there

Johnson City, TN

#4 Mar 18, 2013
The discharge coordinator at his facility can arrange all of this to be at his home the day he returns. Doctors will make the orders for it. Don't stress over this too much if you can help it, it will be taken care of for you. Praying things go well for your family.
Bender

Kingsport, TN

#5 Mar 22, 2013
been there wrote:
The discharge coordinator at his facility can arrange all of this to be at his home the day he returns. Doctors will make the orders for it. Don't stress over this too much if you can help it, it will be taken care of for you. Praying things go well for your family.
Tanks to all of you for your kind replies. I didn't even know that medicare covered it and that we needed drs orders. Very helpful thanks
Wowzies

Kingsport, TN

#6 Mar 24, 2013
HelpFast wrote:
We are bringing our invalid father home from a rehab center that wasn't successful. If anyone's been thru this, please advise. Since he will spend most of his time in a bed, we'd like to rent the top of the line type bed. I can't really get any info online about area rentals, etc.
He has medicare and we think he qualifies to have PT stop by three times per week ....
Any advice would be appreciated. It's such a trying time. It's been three months of stress.
Thanks in advance
I don't mean to meddle, but has your father been declared terminal? I don't mean to pry, but if he has, his insurance/ medicare should give you the option of Hospice care. Keep in mind, it is for the terminally ill, but has many advantages, including beds, caths and any other needs at no cost, as opposed to in home care via the insurance. Sometimes Hospice care care can give more quality time for the terminally ill. I'm so sorry that he and you are going through this, but Hospice is a good alternative. Just contact your provider and take it from there. The hospital should have provided you with the option. I know from experience that many of these options might not be known, given the confusion we go thru with such a confusing and terrible time. May God bless you.
God bless

Charlotte, NC

#7 Mar 24, 2013
HelpFast wrote:
Thanks in advance
You and your family are in my prayers. I know what its like to have to prepare for such a difficult time. May God be with you.
HelpPlease

Kingsport, TN

#8 Mar 24, 2013
Wowzies wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mean to meddle, but has your father been declared terminal? I don't mean to pry, but if he has, his insurance/ medicare should give you the option of Hospice care. Keep in mind, it is for the terminally ill, but has many advantages, including beds, caths and any other needs at no cost, as opposed to in home care via the insurance. Sometimes Hospice care care can give more quality time for the terminally ill. I'm so sorry that he and you are going through this, but Hospice is a good alternative. Just contact your provider and take it from there. The hospital should have provided you with the option. I know from experience that many of these options might not be known, given the confusion we go thru with such a confusing and terrible time. May God bless you.
Not meddling at all. And thanks so very very much for your kindness, he hasn't officially been deemed terminal But now they've informed us that he has YET another 5.2 size aneurysm ... We just want to care or him at home. The constant trips are tearing up the roads and we feel certain that we can give him better care from here.

My mother meets with a medicare advocate that answers all his ualificarions, his personal Oxford is ready to write the scripts for the invalid equipment and I have a list of the equipment. Since my last post he has been read militated to the hospital for dehydration and starvation and of course pneumonia, nothing he has is terminal, but the combination seems inevitable. It could be months , i
It could be years..... I'm ready and devoted to a lifetime. This family yanked me off the street while I was being abused in the Christian home olf of Vance tank drive in brisrol when I was eleven. They're the only love I've ever known and when he dies, I have reason to believe that I will also....

God xgrace to you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Water Heater (Jan '12) 3 hr Loves blondes 114
act call center johnson city tn (Oct '10) 16 hr jackie48 310
Judge Lincoln threatens to lock up deputies for... (Jan '11) 16 hr jackie48 8
Buddy Caraway is mad at Waldo 17 hr Delbert 2
What has happened to Gregs Pizza?? (Oct '12) Wed Pizza Guy 58
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare Wed zzz 52
bullying in jonesboro middle school overlooked ... (Mar '14) Dec 17 larry 10
Jonesborough Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web