Since: Feb 13

Johnson City, TN

#1 Feb 5, 2013
Why are full grown men and women sitting behind a computer bad mouthing others? Are you that pathetic with your lives that you must spread your opinions and bullshit through the safety of Topix? It's pathetic. Bad mouth city officials and employees like you could do better?! Everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure that not a single one of you all can point fingers without at least a dozen pointing back. I grew up in Erwin, and I am disgusted by the lack of respect that my elders have shown through nasty and rude comments on this forum. I'm 24 years old and feel as if I show entirely way more maturity than any of you all. Seriously? Grow up. You have children and young adults looking up to you all. If this is what you grew up looking after with your elders, no wonder the Town of Erwin is so screwed up. Pathetic and disgusting. Be the change you want to see in the world people. Start with our small town and branch from there. You aren't doing anybody any favors by acting this way, and you're tearing our town apart. What happened to Blue Devil Pride? I'm ashamed of every single one of you.:(
Survivorman

Elizabethton, TN

#2 Feb 5, 2013
ashamed of my town wrote:
Why are full grown men and women sitting behind a computer bad mouthing others? Are you that pathetic with your lives that you must spread your opinions and bullshit through the safety of Topix? It's pathetic. Bad mouth city officials and employees like you could do better?! Everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure that not a single one of you all can point fingers without at least a dozen pointing back. I grew up in Erwin, and I am disgusted by the lack of respect that my elders have shown through nasty and rude comments on this forum. I'm 24 years old and feel as if I show entirely way more maturity than any of you all. Seriously? Grow up. You have children and young adults looking up to you all. If this is what you grew up looking after with your elders, no wonder the Town of Erwin is so screwed up. Pathetic and disgusting. Be the change you want to see in the world people. Start with our small town and branch from there. You aren't doing anybody any favors by acting this way, and you're tearing our town apart. What happened to Blue Devil Pride? I'm ashamed of every single one of you.:(
Erwin has a population of about 6100 people. Of those 6100 people, only about 10 - 15 post on here. The others who post on here are from out of town. To allow your opinion of our town to be based on the actions of a very small minority is a little presumptuous isn't it?
Honey Boo Boo

Johnson City, TN

#3 Feb 5, 2013
I doubt children are reading this site. The problem with your logic is self censorship. I have little doubt that if Mr Harris and the gang that have been running Unicoi County, could shut down this site they would in a minute.

I also believe that anyone that spoke publicly against him or his crew (prior to the indictments) did so at great peril. I believe many of the "gossips" here are accurately characterizing him past present and future. I would suffer the embarassment to have a law abiding Sheriff and justice system that served the citizenry rather than make a mockery of it. You're young and have yet to learn important lessons. Maybe someday you'll understand.
Rev Jeremiah Imnotright

Marion, VA

#4 Feb 5, 2013
What are you going to be when you grow up?A Blue Devil?
Rock Creek Ski

Maryville, TN

#5 Feb 6, 2013
Hey "ahamed of my town" - I think you are on to something and their is veracity and iron in your words. Unfortunately, there are so many people on Topix that are full of hate and are so set in their ways - that no matter what anyone says, they will never change. So, I applaude you on your positive comments. We are all sent here for a purpose, and it is Not to bash or find fault with our fellow persons. Rather, to find the good and elevate it to the point that it becomes catchy. And before you know it - the world would be a beautiful place - with no more hate and venom. Keep believing and keep that attitude!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly Wolfe lost an election to Kent Harris 6 hr slimshady 13
Kelly Wolfe is a Puss 6 hr slimshady 5
Red Letter Insights #11 10 hr WLCOX 1
vote Joe Grandy for US pecker control board m... 20 hr BOT 1
Grandy plans to make the swamp alot better,all ... 20 hr BOT 1
Kelly Wolfe and Halliburton Affair 20 hr BOT 11
wolf gets busted by wife/sexual affairs 20 hr BOT 6

Jonesborough Jobs

Personal Finance

Jonesborough Mortgages