Cradic placed on parole

Cradic placed on parole

There are 71 comments on the Rogersville Review story from Jan 6, 2006, titled Cradic placed on parole. In it, Rogersville Review reports that:

ROGERSVILLE-After serving approximately 15 months of an eight year sentence for theft and money laundering Tony Cradic has been released on parole, according to the Tennessee Department of Corrections and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rogersville Review.

Disgusted

United States

#21 Jan 30, 2008
There was a gambling operation going on up there. A local optometrist, a policeman, etc. were going there on their lunch hours and gambling online. This was not hidden, so I am sure most employees knew it. They could have lost their non-profit status over this.

But he really is a natural born leader.
New Mom

Miami, FL

#22 Jan 30, 2008
I was an office employee and didn't know about it.(the gambling operation) I could understand if it was happening AFTER hours, but not during lunch. I was there daily. Maybe it was happening before I came?? The only persons I ever saw come in from the community were Doug Godbee and the mail man! Usually, the office staff spent their lunch hours together. I know what he was capable of, but I never knew of this going on during my time there. But, like I said, maybe before I came.
Friendly Neighbor

Johnson City, TN

#23 Jan 30, 2008
A real stand up guy. Is it not true he totlly stabbed his god friend in the back with the Assistant. As for people showing up at lunch it was common knowledge. The money was paid back by his dad no less.
Cradic fan

United States

#24 Jan 31, 2008
I don't know about sticking his friend in the back, but she must have like the sticking she was getting. She caught him screwing around on a number of occasions but he always got back in with her. Smooth. He was a real player. I checked out his MySpace page from a mutual friend. Like HUMMMM said earlier, he must not be doing to bad. New house, hot wife, Hawaii, Vegas...man, send me to jail. I doubt daddy paid for all that.
My cousin goes to church with him and said everyone loves him and don't even talk about the embezzling stuff. Plays drums at the church. The young, hot wife must have him on the straight and narrow. I liked the funny playboy myself. He always kept me in stitches! Real funny guy. Hope that hasn't changed. Anyone got his number?
The Don is Dead

Knoxville, TN

#25 Jan 31, 2008
You people have no idea. Cradic ran an underground organization for years using that place as a front. It reached into Johnson City, Weber City and all the way to Knoxville. His cousin just got busted in Knoxville by the Feds running guns and drugs.
If he did just 15 months on an 8 year sentence and he's still alive, no wonder he can afford a new house and expensive vacations. He didn't roll on anyone else in that organization, kept his mouth shut,done his time and now is reaping the rewards. No double jeopardy in Tennessee, he's through and livin large.
drums in church, right, whatever
How

Utica, KY

#26 Jan 31, 2008
No surprise wrote:
I googled his name because I knew him in the Marine Corps. He was a snake then and I see nothing changed. He was forced out of the Marine Corps for lying and conduct unbecoming an Officer.I'll bet the "Chip Hale Center" never even knew about that. I'm sorry to see he got off so light, but then he's always been that lucky. He is scum of the earth.
How do you google a name, what do you mean?
Not Surprising

Hillsboro, OR

#27 Apr 30, 2008
I personally new Cradic in Hawaii and for my own reasons wanted to find out if I could locate him - so I searched in the internet, came across all this information, and was not surprised in the least with what I read.

A decorated war hero from Hawaii - hello - nothing has happened in Hawaii since WW2 that would decorate anyone. I'm afraid everyone from TN has been deceived. He was forced out of the Marine Corps and that is a fact!!!
Don seen shopping

United States

#28 Oct 6, 2008
Hey Cradic haters! I talked to the guy this weekend while he was shopping with his family. Doing great, looks good, beautiful family. He was the same ol' Tony - witty, charming. There was a difference though. I really believe he has become a Jesus lover.

I asked him if he ever read this crap but he didn't even know what I was talking about. If you get curious and look - Hey Tony, good to see you yesterday!

There has to be more to this story. I have family who live in the same neighborhood, which is a brand new subdivision overlooking Kingsport. They love him and could care less about the other stuff. They say he's the 'go to neighbor' and getting the City of Kingsport to make changes everyone there is in favor of. How do you just restart like that? It's like nothing ever happened. I don't know too many ex-cons, but I don't think that's the way it is for most people.

He looked mighty good and happy. I'm happy for him too, and his wife is really cute (but also really young for him, like 25 or 26 - Sorry Tony, but it's true).
FYI

Dillon, SC

#29 Oct 6, 2008
The board knew exactly what was going on up there, and Tony, who was not innocent, took the bullet for some locals involved in the on line gambling operation going on up there. Big story but won't ever be told.
eyes and ears

Goodyear, AZ

#30 Oct 6, 2008
It was seen then and still talked about today, there is more to the story and he did take the rap to save the face of many politicians and coworkers remaining at CHC. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Politics is the work of the devil.
Rich skop

Clarence, NY

#31 Nov 23, 2008
i served with tony in the marine corps he always did right by me. and as he stood by me then i'll stand by him now. i'm proud to call him a friend
Rich skop

Clarence, NY

#32 Nov 23, 2008
i've known tony from the marine corps. he was he was my platoon comander. tony always showed me respect and i stand with him as a friend.
Dons a liar

Knoxville, TN

#33 Nov 23, 2008
I assure you, that neighborhood steers clear of him. He's done nothing of the sort (benefiting the subdivision), my aunt said he doesn't even mow the lawn.

The family that I have there, doesn't know the guy personally, but news of a "crook" spreads fast.
CHC Supporter

Dandridge, TN

#34 Nov 24, 2008
FYI wrote:
The board knew exactly what was going on up there, and Tony, who was not innocent, took the bullet for some locals involved in the on line gambling operation going on up there. Big story but won't ever be told.
This posting is correct. The board was approached several times about what was going on, but they chose not to deal with it. So don't think this was a big shock to anyone on the board. They were getting monthly p and l's, and they were being audited by an outside CPA on a regular basis.
Jimmy

Sweetwater, TN

#35 Nov 24, 2008
FYI wrote:
Online gambling is not against the law.
CHC Supporter

Dandridge, TN

#36 Nov 24, 2008
Gambling on a computer owned by an agency which receives state and federal funding is against the law.
Hawkins Boy

Greeneville, TN

#37 Nov 25, 2008
Church Hill people crack me up. If you're in the right clique or you have the right last name in that town you can do no wrong. A cop is arrested for buying beer for underage kids, and half the town shows up at the BMA meeting trying to bully the board into letting him keep his job. A local teacher hit and run an alderman while drunk and gets let go by a cop, and the town is so mad at the alderman for telling on them that she has to resign due to stress. Another cop is caught red handed clicking the mic on his radio over Mount Carmel cops' radio transmissions, and not only is he not punished, he's named "Officer of the Year" by the chief as a sort of 'in your face' to the Mount Carmel police. And then there's Tony Cradic, a convicted felon, embezzler from his former employer, but welcomed back into the embrace of his Church Hill bretheren and still announcing Volunteer High School football games on the radio. Ask anyone in town and they'll tell you, he was railroaded into a guilty plea, it was all blown out of proportion, the newspapers were misinformed. Only in Church Hill. I'm not criticizing them or Mr. Cradic. In fact, I'm envious because if I'd done any one of the above mentioned things, my home town would have run me out on a rail. God Bless Church Hill and it's faithful, loyal residents. Everybody deserves a second chance and I don't begrudge Mr. Cradic his.
Agent Orange

Jonesborough, TN

#38 Nov 27, 2008
Someone needs to take this boy deer hunting. He is a punk wanna be thug. He broke down and cried like a baby when the heat was turned up. He tried to ressure me one time to make a decison but backed down like a little spoiled brat. He always has been and always will be a "mamma's boy". I can still make him cry.
the only

Johnson City, TN

#39 Nov 28, 2008
the guy has served his time the system ran its cource / move on let it be !
Framed period

United States

#40 Jan 5, 2009
How did Wendy Patterson escape all this? She was so far up his rear she didn't know day from night. She drove the BMW and lived in the big house. He drove an old truck and lived in an apartment. She also was the Assistant Director during all this (but doing more than was in her job description I'm know- i.e. the Director).
We'll never know the truth. I worked at CHC when we had about 25 employees and watched it get bigger and bigger until we were over 150 full timers. I'm no Donald Trump, but that takes money and I know for a fact the state was slow about paying. Where'd it come from? The center couldn't get a loan even short term. As staff, we had OT, medical, dental and vacation pay. It was a great job until Cradic left. Why?
I just don't understand a lot of this. He picks right back up after doing this supposed horrible thing and is better off than before. Open your eyes. I seen him at a football game doing the radio thing. It was like nothing ever happened. How? It just doesn't add up. All you people just hating aren't looking for the truth, and I'm telling you, we don't know it! No way.
CHC has gone to the crapper since he left. That is a fact!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EXCESSIVE Barking 1 hr Real Deal 1
What's the deal with the BP gas stations going ... (Sep '13) 1 hr Fossil fuels shou... 15
Asheville vs. Johnson City (Sep '10) 3 hr Dsh123 40
TPI Corp (Aug '10) 3 hr you mama 61
Fathers who don't pay child support 7 hr SadbutTrue 19
Amanda Masoner 10 hr Str8 8 7
moonboot slippers 11 hr floppy 1

Jonesborough Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesborough Mortgages