Why is Clark taking so long to charge...

Why is Clark taking so long to charge Butler

Posted in the Jonesborough Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Old Joe Clark

Marion, VA

#1 Jan 28, 2013
It seems like Rick Butler getting himself in a jam has thrown a monkeywrench into the political machine that is having to work secretly in Erwin.
Could it be that the Harris/Woods clan had Butler pegged as the one they would support for sheriff in 14?Thus putting them and the dope dealers back in power?
With Clark taking his time on this,could it be they are trying to figure out an angle on how to cover this up and make it look good?
I've wondered and have heard several people question why the jury wasn't sequestered in either of the Kent Harris trials.That opens the door for corruption right there.Times are hard,Kent has lots of stolen money and the federal government has given him more to buy the not guilty verdicts.
The state can bring all the evidence they want,when $$$$$ changes hands,they will get off scott free.So I must wonder just what is taking so long with the charges on Rick Butler.
Rock Creek Ski

Maryville, TN

#2 Jan 28, 2013
Old Joe Clark wrote:
It seems like Rick Butler getting himself in a jam has thrown a monkeywrench into the political machine that is having to work secretly in Erwin.
Could it be that the Harris/Woods clan had Butler pegged as the one they would support for sheriff in 14?Thus putting them and the dope dealers back in power?
With Clark taking his time on this,could it be they are trying to figure out an angle on how to cover this up and make it look good?
I've wondered and have heard several people question why the jury wasn't sequestered in either of the Kent Harris trials.That opens the door for corruption right there.Times are hard,Kent has lots of stolen money and the federal government has given him more to buy the not guilty verdicts.
The state can bring all the evidence they want,when $$$$$ changes hands,they will get off scott free.So I must wonder just what is taking so long with the charges on Rick Butler.
Ole Joe - it is intuitiavely obvious that where there is $$$, there is the great potential for corruption - no matter how hi up the food chain!
Down the road

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jan 28, 2013
The wheels of justic turn slow, But At one time they did turn. I think It Is time for a new D.A.
get real

Lexington, NC

#4 Jan 28, 2013
i think its time for you.. the ONE person who just put all THREE of these comments on here.... to SHUT UP!!!!! You are a discrace to society..why dont u go and ask him for yourself?? im sure that his number is available to the public. you are all the time starting a bunch of shit on here and the only reason you do it is probably to keep the attention off of yourself.. i think its sickening how people think anymore! why should you care so much about what happens to butler?? im sure he will be dealt with. do you think that the "rick butler" case is THE ONLY CASE that tony clark has to work on?? unlike you..who has all the time in the world to stir studid crap up like this.. tony is a very important and busy man. so why dont ou give it a rest. our officials are in office for a reason!! believe it or not... they know how to do their jobs!!
Snake Eyes

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Old Joe Clark wrote:
Come on, surely you can see why there is a delay in filing charges, don't you? I bet 'ol Rick has proven himself to be a gold mine to the TBI and General Clark.
Rock Creek Ski

Maryville, TN

#6 Jan 28, 2013
get real wrote:
i think its time for you.. the ONE person who just put all THREE of these comments on here.... to SHUT UP!!!!! You are a discrace to society..why dont u go and ask him for yourself?? im sure that his number is available to the public. you are all the time starting a bunch of shit on here and the only reason you do it is probably to keep the attention off of yourself.. i think its sickening how people think anymore! why should you care so much about what happens to butler?? im sure he will be dealt with. do you think that the "rick butler" case is THE ONLY CASE that tony clark has to work on?? unlike you..who has all the time in the world to stir studid crap up like this.. tony is a very important and busy man. so why dont ou give it a rest. our officials are in office for a reason!! believe it or not...
they know how to do their jobs!!
"get real" - it is time for you to get real - and get back on your meds. Your handle is truly an oxy-moron!
likes get real

United States

#7 Jan 28, 2013
Get Real.... I agree with you completely!! That ONE person must not have much of a life. He just wants to cause trouble for others. SAD......KARMA!!!!
Just sayin

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jan 28, 2013
Old Joe Clark wrote:
I would say that the TN HWY Patrol will make a presentment to the next session of the grandjury. The charge is a felony and would have to be bound over to the grandjury anyhow out of sessions court.
Kenny

United States

#9 Jan 28, 2013
I hope Rick's not spilling his guts.He knowes so much, we'll all go down!
Old Joe Clark

Marion, VA

#10 Jan 28, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, surely you can see why there is a delay in filing charges, don't you? I bet 'ol Rick has proven himself to be a gold mine to the TBI and General Clark.
If that is the case,that would be a good trade off.I want to believe Clark is doing his best,and that's honest from the heart and nothing personal against any of the involved.But I can't help but wonder after how he handled a presentment of a former colleague if something isn't up with the jury not being sequestered,it's like Rock Creek Ski said,when money is involved it opens up the opportunity for corruption.
roost

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jan 28, 2013
Old Joe Clark wrote:
Just what is it chickenshit that they are trying to hide in the UCSD. You keep saying they are getting rid of the ones that are telling things. Just what are they doing they don't want told? The public deserves to know what is going on. Why should the UCSD turn it over to the DA? Isn't it up to the THP to prosecute if anything went on.
roost

Johnson City, TN

#12 Jan 28, 2013
Or just looking trying to get rid of any competition in next election? Small birdie told me it doesn't matter because there is going to be a BIG name candidate coming out before long. One that doesn't need anybody to back them to help. They will do it on their own.
Kenny

Greeneville, TN

#13 Jan 28, 2013
roost wrote:
Or just looking trying to get rid of any competition in next election? Small birdie told me it doesn't matter because there is going to be a BIG name candidate coming out before long. One that doesn't need anybody to back them to help. They will do it on their own.
Me...Me...Please say it's Me...I can do it...
SS Minnow

Charlotte, NC

#14 Jan 28, 2013
roost wrote:
Is it Frank Rogers?
Tater

Charlotte, NC

#15 Jan 28, 2013
SS Minnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it Frank Rogers?
I hope Harris and company works as hard against Mike as they did last time, they really set him ahead by separating him from themselves. Maybe it will be Killen or Butler, and they can get the office back like it used to be. Parties, corruption, lies, pocket lining, fraud, playoffs, camping with men, drinking at work, ect. Your right who wants an honest sheriff? I miss the old way! It's no fun reading the news any more
Old Joe Clark

Marion, VA

#16 Jan 28, 2013
roost wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what is it chickenshit that they are trying to hide in the UCSD. You keep saying they are getting rid of the ones that are telling things. Just what are they doing they don't want told? The public deserves to know what is going on. Why should the UCSD turn it over to the DA? Isn't it up to the THP to prosecute if anything went on.
Why do you call people names on here?I've noticed you call everyone you interact with some kind of name,it's easy to do on here cause nobody knows who you are,lol.You're really brave.
I don't know what goes on at the UCSD,I know what used to go on but that has all stopped and it's all business now.
Old Joe Clark

Marion, VA

#17 Jan 28, 2013
roost wrote:
Good luck with that ! Lengel thought he had it in the bag,but when they handed him the results,he threw the papers in the air,got in his car and left and never said a word,lol.He didn't even thank his supporters for their support.
The people of Unicoi County are happy with the sheriff we have now,I don't think they will chance trading him in,he's too honest and they like it.
Bigger balls than yours

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jan 28, 2013
roost wrote:
<quoted text>
Kent you are the chickenshit on here. You are less than worthless. You were allways a disgrace to the badge. You violated your oath of office on a daily basis and you and your whole family know it. You just can't stand the fact you got caught.
All in the records

Chatsworth, GA

#19 Jan 29, 2013
Go to the Circuit Court Clerks office in Unicoi and ask for a copy of the "Motion to Sequester" the jury. The district attorney filed it before the last trial and the Judge ruled against the State saying it wasn't necessary. And I thought the paper said THP was still investigating Butlers false report. They (THP) take forever with certain reports. I was involved in a bad wreck couple of years ago. Took 4 months to get reports complete. And what colleague did Clark not prosecute? I am just curious I hadn't heard that one?
Old Joe Clark

Marion, VA

#20 Jan 29, 2013
All in the records wrote:
Go to the Circuit Court Clerks office in Unicoi and ask for a copy of the "Motion to Sequester" the jury. The district attorney filed it before the last trial and the Judge ruled against the State saying it wasn't necessary. And I thought the paper said THP was still investigating Butlers false report. They (THP) take forever with certain reports. I was involved in a bad wreck couple of years ago. Took 4 months to get reports complete. And what colleague did Clark not prosecute? I am just curious I hadn't heard that one?
Thanks,I didn't know that.I hope Clark makes a fool out of me over this post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
20% of Democrats will Vote for Trump 5 hr fed up and disill... 25
Washington County Schools 7 hr Parent 9
Review: Tan 2000 (Sep '11) 12 hr Ignorance Abounds 53
Wine Sales 15 hr InbredsareEverywhere 1
Popeye's Johnson City and Kingsport (Jan '14) 17 hr Hippie 37
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP 17 hr Pete 54
Suppressor 17 hr Tricky 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesborough Mortgages