Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,583

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story
Magically Delicious

Indian Trail, NC

#6971 Jan 28, 2013
US courts have ruled that vaccines damage children. Here's the finding:
http://www.naturalnews.com/038858_vaccine_cou...
roxy

United States

#6973 Jan 28, 2013
Magically Delicious wrote:
US courts have ruled that vaccines damage children. Here's the finding:
http://www.naturalnews.com/038858_vaccine_cou...
rlly?coz i lways felt like ther not gd or rt for children,thats only my opinion tho...
roxy

United States

#6974 Jan 28, 2013
Known fact
Blah blah

Powell, TN

#6975 Jan 28, 2013
Blah blah blah blah
roxy

United States

#6977 Jan 28, 2013
Lmao its not about whos rt or wrong,its about children n wtf the government does to make a buck n they make loads n loads n it aint rt coz children still get the diseases n some still die from those diseases.but more n i think all but idk,get sick n some do actualy die from the injections.they only mask symptoms of the disease,dnt prevent sht..i think neway.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#6978 Jan 28, 2013
Mom of 3

Johnson City, TN

#6979 Jan 29, 2013
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
NO I DO NOT think the state should mandate immunizations. I think that should be left up to the parents of the children to make that decision. I think if it starts with immunizations where else will they go with telling us what we can and cannot do with our children.Afterall they are our children. an this might be a little "far fetched" but it makes me think of communism. An the fact that this is supposed to be "the land of the free". It is our responsibility to take care of them. Not have someone else tell us how to. I really don't like the idea of someone else forcing me to have something put into my childs body. An for the record YES I have had my chikdren immunized but as i've already said I ABSOLUTELY DISAGREE with the idea of being forced to do something as parents that we may or may not want to do. an is the state 100% positive that there will be no side effects from any of these immunizations.???. If not are they going to be willing to pay for any/all medical bills for these children from any side effects.??.. An lastly YES I DO think they should most definately be paying for these shots if they are going to be forcing us to give them to our children.
Mom of 3

Johnson City, TN

#6980 Jan 29, 2013
Urine wrote:
Take your federally funded benefits, watch sports and reality tv, and let your government take care of the rest. You can't take care of yourself, the government is the only one who can take care of you. Don't you understand? Done my homework knows, just ask him. He knows everything better than everyone. Kneel to him, as his posts are always 100% accurate and final. Do not question him or your government as you will surely be corrected.
I saw this post and had to respond. You actualy said kneel to 100% accurate and the government..!!!!..The only 1 any of us should be kneeling to is the LORD. I really can't make sense of your satement. An for anybody who thinks the government actualy tells us everything about these immunizations or anything else for that matter is mistaken.
Mom of 3

Johnson City, TN

#6981 Jan 29, 2013
True Champion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to have to decipher somebody's stupid. If you can't spell simple everyday words then you should work on that before you start sharing revelations from your superior mind.
As others have already stated this topix forum is supposed to be discussing immunizations for our children and what we think of the government forcing us to do so. NOT to talk about how other people spell,how their grammar is,or what you personaly think about anyone involved in this topic. As I said the important topic here is our children. So if you don't have anything to say about this matter maybe you should find a topic discussing spelling,grammar,and maybe read a little bit of the bible. DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU.....
roxy

United States

#6982 Jan 29, 2013
Wat about wen one parent wants a child to get an immunization n the others dnt n the other parents has to hold the child dwn n force him to get two immunizations?its not rt that only one gets to decide n ur told that if u dnt hold him dwn the needle cld break off in his skin
CDV

Oak Ridge, TN

#6983 Jan 29, 2013
Yes, if the state covers the cost.
Jody

United States

#6984 Jan 29, 2013
My 85 year old Grandfather was doing fine, pushmowing his yard, working in his garden, etc... Then he gets a flu shot. What happens is he get Guillian Barre Syndrome not even a full month after the shot. To those who don't know, Guillian Barre starts paralyzing your muscles until it reaches the breathing muscle. Then you die. He died here at the farm holding my hand. Also, my beloved Jack Russel Dog was healthy and doing fine until her last rabies shot. She was sick for about a week after getting the shot, then developed Atypical Cushinings Syndrome. This condition is too complicated to go into here but it happened and the Flu shot is what killed my Grandfather and the rabies shot is what made my Dog sick. There is no cure for either one of these syndromes. My Dog is doing well on natural meds. Chinese herbs and whatnot, perscribed by her Doctor at UT Vetinary Hospital. But my Grandfather is dead, thanks to the flu shot. I would never let any child of mine have that toxic crap put in his body. Also, read up on what they use as a presevative in some of these vaccines. Murcury is one of them. Now tell me they are safe! Big Pharma wants to keep us sick so they can make the bucks. It just irks me to death to see that commie muslim bass terd in office. He wants to tell us what to eat, drink, put in our bodies etc. He has boasted to collage buddies that he is a prince and destined to be King. Dictator is more like it. He is doing alot of things hitler did.
roxy

United States

#6985 Jan 29, 2013
State dnt,we do,thats why they do it...charge a lot more than its worth n make tons doin it.
CDV

Oak Ridge, TN

#6986 Jan 29, 2013
Mom of 3 wrote:
<quoted text> As others have already stated this topix forum is supposed to be discussing immunizations for our children and what we think of the government forcing us to do so. NOT to talk about how other people spell,how their grammar is,or what you personaly think about anyone involved in this topic. As I said the important topic here is our children. So if you don't have anything to say about this matter maybe you should find a topic discussing spelling,grammar,and maybe read a little bit of the bible. DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU.....
I would rather not mix religion in with government affairs. I follow the mindset of our founders. please leave religious affiliation out of the this. Statistics tell us that diseases such as influenza have sharply declined. Any secondary or unknown effects apart from allergies to these immunizations are purely speculatory and are not grounded in scientific fact. I, too, think about the children, and I would rather not have poor children die of diseases that should be eliminated due to current medical progress. I call into question the judgement of those who honestly believe that immunizations hurt children more than they help them, as many who have spent their entire lives studying medicine say otherwise.
Mom of 3

Johnson City, TN

#6987 Jan 29, 2013
CDV wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather not mix religion in with government affairs. I follow the mindset of our founders. please leave religious affiliation out of the this. Statistics tell us that diseases such as influenza have sharply declined. Any secondary or unknown effects apart from allergies to these immunizations are purely speculatory and are not grounded in scientific fact. I, too, think about the children, and I would rather not have poor children die of diseases that should be eliminated due to current medical progress. I call into question the judgement of those who honestly believe that immunizations hurt children more than they help them, as many who have spent their entire lives studying medicine say otherwise.
Well it is your own personal opinion not to mix religion with government affairs. Personaly I think the government might need some religion... But as far as these posts go I'll agree that religion isn't gonna help with this topic.an maybe I need to correct myself. I did not mean that I thought these immunizations hurt our children more than helped them. i just really don't think they are giving us all of the facts. whether they are good or bad. An I don't think by any means that our government should force us to do anything especialy involving our children. As I've stated before my children have been immunized BUT that was by my own choice NOT because my government forced me to..
Psi

Medford, NJ

#6988 Jan 29, 2013
Yes
Magically Delicious

Chattanooga, TN

#6989 Jan 30, 2013
Yet another popular vaccine is killing children in India and Vietnam. Here's the proof:
http://www.naturalnews.com/038882_vaccine_dea...

Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#6990 Jan 30, 2013
Leafy wrote:
Done my homework is an arrogant piece of dung.
Perhaps, but I notice you did not say I'm wrong on any point, nor have you presented anything contrary to anything I've said. Of course, whatever you may present would also have to be backed up.

Hmmm. If I'm arrogant, I can only say that I sure wish more people were like me. We wouldn't be in the fix we're in if more would stand up and speak out. Doesn't matter if we agree or not, what matters is the willingness to stand up for what we believe in, and be willing to change if/when we're proven wrong. This quality is called "Humility" or more clearly "Teachable".
CarriedbyGrace

Chattanooga, TN

#6991 Jan 30, 2013
Seriously, people better get off their butts and start doing some research. These vaccines are full of poisons and other ingredients. One look at what they are really doing here should wake you up!
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#6992 Jan 30, 2013
CDV wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather not mix religion in with government affairs. I follow the mindset of our founders. please leave religious affiliation out of the this.
Though the founders may have kept religions out, they all understood that the Constitutional Republic they were forming was inadequate for any other than a moral society based on Christian principles. The First Amendment was actually the brain-child of a minister in New England {New Hampshire I think}.
CDV wrote:
Statistics tell us that diseases such as influenza have sharply declined. Any secondary or unknown effects apart from allergies to these immunizations are purely speculatory and are not grounded in scientific fact. I, too, think about the children, and I would rather not have poor children die of diseases that should be eliminated due to current medical progress. I call into question the judgement of those who honestly believe that immunizations hurt children more than they help them, as many who have spent their entire lives studying medicine say otherwise.
If they choose not to allow their children to be vaccinated, is that reason enough for them to be forced into compliance, or stripped of their parental rights?

Many of your further points may or may not be valid, but I would encourage you to dig a little deeper. Much of what you call speculation is rooted in research that is excluded in the US peer review pool. This is becoming more prevalent in more disciplines/fields.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What has happened to Gregs Pizza?? (Oct '12) 4 hr Pizza Guy 58
Mr. P. B. McDaniel 4 hr knows your family 1
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare 12 hr zzz 52
Buddy Caraway is mad at Waldo 12 hr Jeff 1
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 17 hr DonotbesoNaive 351
Will The Mouses Ear rise again? Tue Severin 23
Psychiatrist Arrested Lived Next to Towne Acres Tue William 8
Jonesborough Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web