Comments
57,661 - 57,680 of 145,760 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63446 Jan 24, 2013
Unreal wrote:
Wow - I guess morals and convictions go away when money is involved. What happened to their outrage over life begins at conception?
Fetuses Aren't People, Says Catholic Hospital
Malpractice case has Catholic group rejecting deeply-held belief
A Colorado man is suing a Catholic hospital because his wife and the 7-month twins she was carrying died in the examination room.
Lori Stodghill, 31, died from a clogged artery, after the obstetrician on call failed to answer his pager.
The hospital's defense? They're not liable for the twins' deaths, because fetuses are not persons with legal rights in Colorado. That defense rests on state law, which asserts that the "term 'person,' as it is used in the Wrongful Death Act, encompasses only individuals born alive,'" reports the Colorado Independent.
But since the St. Thomas More Hospital is Catholic-affiliated, it adheres to the Ethical and Religious Directives of the Catholic Church. These include the statement that "the Church's defense of life encompasses the unborn" and an affirmation of "the sanctity of life 'from the moment of conception.'"
The hospital is run by Catholic Health Initiatives, a nonprofit that directs 170 other healthcare facilities nationwide.
What have I been saying all along???
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Nolensville, TN

#63447 Jan 24, 2013
California libtards getting ready to take our guns away.
Barry has his agenda.
WASHINGTON -- Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) introduced legislation Thursday that would ban more than 150 types of assault weapons along with certain high-capacity gun magazines, saying she knows she faces an uphill battle to get her measure through Congress but, with the help of the American public, it can be done.

Feinstein's bill is far more detailed than the 1994 assault weapons ban that lapsed in 2004. Her bill would stop the sale, manufacture and importation of 158 specifically named military-style firearms and ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. It would also ban an additional group of assault weapons that accept detachable ammunition magazines and have at least one military characteristic -- a new provision she said addresses a loophole in the 1994 law.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#63448 Jan 24, 2013
Honestly wrote:
has Wonder IF come back Yet... I have a crow I want to pick with him.
Why are you changing post names and talking to yourself. Are you an offspring of Willards?
lol

Jackson, TN

#63449 Jan 24, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
What have I been saying all along???
coming from you,you have no morals or onvictions.Guess thats why you have no problem living a life on your knees or back slut
lol

Jackson, TN

#63450 Jan 24, 2013
convictions
lol

Jackson, TN

#63451 Jan 24, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen Mentally Disabled People that you make look like Einstein reincarnated! I would tell you to use your brain, but you're sitting on it!
awe slut,good try at being funny.I'm very suprised you can type on a computer with a dick in your mouth.I guess your more talented than anyone thought. Of course you have alot of practice. Camden guys said you can't beat free. You have to give it away cause no one will pay for an old lsut with no teeth giving head
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63452 Jan 24, 2013
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you changing post names and talking to yourself. Are you an offspring of Willards?
Whose Willards?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63456 Jan 24, 2013
Wonder IF wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT SO It was Wilson that send in advisors to the French. Eisenhower sent in more. Kennedy sent in more and allowed the advisors that were there to combat situations.
Johnson may a speech that stated he would not sent our boys over there to VietNamn but by the time he had left office 6 years later, 47,000+ of our "BOYS" had died over there.
No, it was the Democrats. What you don't understand is that it could have been the Repubs if things were turned around. The economy at the time of Johnson (especially with Kennedy's assassination)was on the 'Slow' burner so-to-speak. A war as with all war put people to work making bombs, ammo, guns, tanks, you name it. This partially why Obama has not removed us entirely from Iraq and Afgan. The unemployment would hit the roof with not only returning soldiers but also people who made the materials of war. A lot of unrest like that would most certainly be bad for the dem/libsin 2014 although I do not think the libs are aware of this.
Wilson died in 1924, and if he met Ho Chi Minh, he must have sailed on the ocean liner that Ho was working on at that time......
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63457 Jan 24, 2013
Unreal wrote:
Wow - I guess morals and convictions go away when money is involved. What happened to their outrage over life begins at conception?
Fetuses Aren't People, Says Catholic Hospital
Malpractice case has Catholic group rejecting deeply-held belief
A Colorado man is suing a Catholic hospital because his wife and the 7-month twins she was carrying died in the examination room.
Lori Stodghill, 31, died from a clogged artery, after the obstetrician on call failed to answer his pager.
The hospital's defense? They're not liable for the twins' deaths, because fetuses are not persons with legal rights in Colorado. That defense rests on state law, which asserts that the "term 'person,' as it is used in the Wrongful Death Act, encompasses only individuals born alive,'" reports the Colorado Independent.
But since the St. Thomas More Hospital is Catholic-affiliated, it adheres to the Ethical and Religious Directives of the Catholic Church. These include the statement that "the Church's defense of life encompasses the unborn" and an affirmation of "the sanctity of life 'from the moment of conception.'"
The hospital is run by Catholic Health Initiatives, a nonprofit that directs 170 other healthcare facilities nationwide.
Reminds me of a certain Tennessee congressman who wants to outlaw abortion for everyone ....except his wife, and his mistress....
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63458 Jan 24, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Wilson died in 1924, and if he met Ho Chi Minh, he must have sailed on the ocean liner that Ho was working on at that time......
WILSON SNUBS HO CHI MINH

Self-Determination for Europeans Only

In 1919, a young Vietnamese nationalist named Ho Chi Minh, appeared at Versailles hoping to present the assembly with an eight-point program that would result in his country's liberation from French colonial rule. These eight points included a general amnesty for Vietnamese political prisoners, equal rights for French and Vietnamese, the abolition of courts used to persecute Vietnamese patriots, freedom of the press and of thought, freedom of association and of assembly, freedom of movement and of travel abroad, freedom to go to school and to open technical and vocational schools for the Vietnamese, substitution of the system of law for that of decrees, and appointment of a Vietnamese representative in Paris to settle questions concerning Vietnamese people's interests.

Minh went to France from the United States, where he had lived for two years, because he had been inspired by President Wilson's call for the self-determination of peoples. While in the U.S. Minh had come to admire the American notion of liberty as expressed by men like Thomas Jefferson. Once he had arrived at Versailles, however, Ho Chi Minh was turned away. The French of course would not speak to him because of their colonial interests. But neither would Woodrow Wilson grant Minh a private audience; this despite Point V of Wilson's peace program, in which he had argued that in adjudicating colonial claims "the interests of the populations concerned must have equal weight with the equitable claims of the Government whose title is to be determined." Soon after Wilson's snub, Minh turned to the Bolshevik Government in Russia for assistance. It would be the beginning of Minh's lifelong association with Communism. Wilson's rebuff of Minh had tremendous consequences for the United States in the future as it was Vietnamese forces under Ho Chi Minh that defeated the United States in the Vietnamese War fifty years later.

Insert foot in mouth......
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63460 Jan 24, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
WILSON SNUBS HO CHI MINH
In 1919, a young Vietnamese nationalist named Ho Chi Minh, appeared at Versailles hoping to present the assembly with an eight-point program that would result in his country's liberation from French colonial rule. These eight points included a general amnesty for Vietnamese political prisoners, equal rights for French and Vietnamese, the abolition of courts used to persecute Vietnamese patriots, freedom of the press and of thought, freedom of association and of assembly, freedom of movement and of travel abroad, freedom to go to school and to open technical and vocational schools for the Vietnamese, substitution of the system of law for that of decrees, and appointment of a Vietnamese representative in Paris to settle questions concerning Vietnamese people's interests.
Minh went to France from the United States, where he had lived for two years, because he had been inspired by President Wilson's call for the self-determination of peoples. While in the U.S. Minh had come to admire the American notion of liberty as expressed by men like Thomas Jefferson. Once he had arrived at Versailles, however, Ho Chi Minh was turned away. The French of course would not speak to him because of their colonial interests. But neither would Woodrow Wilson grant Minh a private audience; this despite Point V of Wilson's peace program, in which he had argued that in adjudicating colonial claims "the interests of the populations concerned must have equal weight with the equitable claims of the Government whose title is to be determined." Soon after Wilson's snub, Minh turned to the Bolshevik Government in Russia for assistance. It would be the beginning of Minh's lifelong association with Communism. Wilson's rebuff of Minh had tremendous consequences for the United States in the future as it was Vietnamese forces under Ho Chi Minh that defeated the United States in the Vietnamese War fifty years later.

I told you---oh ye unbelivers
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63461 Jan 24, 2013
Unreal wrote:

My Bad, used it in another string.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#63462 Jan 24, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
WILSON SNUBS HO CHI MINH
That is very interesting and something I never knew....but I see nothing in this that indicates that Wilson met Ho Chi Minh, nor any mention that Wilson sent advisors to help the French which was the contention of the post I wrote my response to.
Insert foot in mouth....
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63464 Jan 24, 2013
Truth Detector Wrote:
"In September 1950, US President Harry Truman sent the Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) to Vietnam to assist the French in the First Indochina War. "
Wonder IF Wrote:
"NOT SO It was Wilson that send in advisors to the French. Eisenhower sent in more. Kennedy sent in more and allowed the advisors that were there to combat situations"

While Wilson played a big part in future events he did not send advisors to the French. However, he was supportive of the French. WonderIF was Wrong and you Truth Detector was right.

If I may, I have found a timeline and will give the url for this on this post.
http://www.shmoop.com/vietnam-war/timeline.ht...
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63465 Jan 24, 2013
The Factual Time Line:

1919---Ho Chi Minh Ignored by Woodrow WIlson

Feb 28, 1946-----Ho Chi Minh Asks US Support-----Ho Chi Minh pens a letter to President Harry S. Truman, asking him for the support of the United States in gaining independence for Vietnam. This is Refused

Feb 4, 1950------US Gives Military Aid-----The United States recognizes Bao Dai's government, the Republic of Vietnam, and gives France $15 million in military aid.

Sep 1950--------US Military Advisors in Saigon-------The first group of U.S. military advisors—the U.S. Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG)—arrives in Saigon.

Feb 10, 1954------Eisenhower Rejects Troop Committment------President Eisenhower refuses to commit American troops to the Franco-Vietnamese War. In a press conference he states, "I cannot conceive of a greater tragedy for America than to get heavily involved now in an all-out war in any of those regions."

Apr 17, 1954-----Nixon Supports Troop Committment------In a speech before the press, Vice President Richard Nixon explains that "if to avoid further Communist expansion in Asia and Indochina we must take the risk now of putting our boys in, I think the Executive has to take the politically unpopular decision and do it."

Jul 8, 1959-----First American Deaths-----Two military advisors are killed by Viet Minh guerilla soldiers in a raid at Bien Hoa in South Vietnam. These are the first American deaths (non-combat) reported in Vietnam.

May 5, 1960----US Increases Advisors-----The United States announces that it will increase the number of military advisors in South Vietnam from 327 men to 685 men.

Nov 8, 1960-----Kennedy Elected

May 1961-----Johnson Visits South Vietnam----Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson visits South Vietnam and offers military and economic aid to Diem. By the end of the year, the U.S. military presence in Vietnam will reach 3,200 men (although combat units will not be deployed until 1965).

Dec 22, 1961-----First US Combat Death-----An American serviceman dies in Vietnam, the first combat death reported. For many Americans, the death will mark the beginning of the Vietnam War.

Mar 8, 1965----First US Combat Units-----The first U.S. combat units arrive in Vietnam.

Man, I have not done so much research in 60+ years.

Good nite.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#63466 Jan 24, 2013
Got to finish it. Here is the ending!

Nov 6, 1968----Nixon Elected-----Republican Richard Nixon is elected president of the United States.

Aug 11, 1972----American Ground Forces Leave---The last U.S. ground troops leave Vietnam. Thousands of airmen, advisors, and support personnel remain.

Jan 27, 1973-----Vietnam Ceasefire Signed-----Representatives from South Vietnam, North Vietnam, and the United States sign a peace agreement in which a ceasefire is declared, the U.S. agrees to withdraw combat troops, and the government of South Vietnam promises to hold free elections to allow its people to decide their future.

Mar 1973----American POWs Released----North Vietnam releases nearly 600 American POWs.

Mar 29, 1973----Vietnam War Officially Ends

The Vietnam War is officially over for the United States. The last U.S. combat soldier leaves Vietnam, but military advisors and some Marines remain. Over 3 million Americans have served in the war, nearly 60,000 are dead, some 150,000 are wounded, and at least 1,000 are missing in action.

Hope this helps correct my memory error.

Location hidden

#63469 Jan 25, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
WILSON SNUBS HO CHI MINH
In fact Pres. Woodrow Willson had a chance to end the vietnamn war before it began. >>>>>He had previously met HO CHI MIHN<<<<<<
----------
Previously "MET" Ho Chi Minh??? BTW, you can take YOUR foot out of your mouth now!!!

You're not a very good "truth teller", are you, Truth Detector? You see, it's the Fox Fake News influence, again...you just have to change and distort the truth about everybody and everything!...and sometimes, you and they just outright LIE! You've got to stop letting them mess with your mind and influence your behavior...and they do , whether you realize it or not!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63471 Jan 25, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Reminds me of a certain Tennessee congressman who wants to outlaw abortion for everyone ....except his wife, and his mistress....
I believe your talking about my Congressman Scott Desjarlais(pro-life, family values.......for others but not himself)who helped throw fellow Republican Gov. Christie under the bus by voting no on Hurricane Sandy Relief. I have sent him a few request by e-mail and buy phone but for some reason I have never recieved anything back........maybe he has a firewall set up for Democrats. Or maybe he is to busy trying to cover his tracks.

Location hidden

#63472 Jan 25, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I believe your talking about my Congressman Scott Desjarlais(pro-life, family values.......for others but not himself)who helped throw fellow Republican Gov. Christie under the bus by voting no on Hurricane Sandy Relief. I have sent him a few request by e-mail and buy phone but for some reason I have never recieved anything back........maybe he has a firewall set up for Democrats. Or maybe he is to busy trying to cover his tracks.
Well Dunlapian, he does have some awfully BIG tracks to cover!:)

Location hidden

#63473 Jan 25, 2013
You Guys have been wanting me to disagree with Obama, and the Dems, on an Issue...well Baby, here it is! This is total discrimination and BS!
----------
"Older Smokers Priced Out Of Obamacare."

Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57565787/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
POLICE hide THP wife beater arrest 20 min What 26
UC Sheriff and Commission 1 hr Kent 20
LOCAL POLICE ready for WAR with who us citizens... 1 hr right 3
POLICE BODY CAMERAS would it serve us public be... 1 hr Geene 2
JC officer charged with assault 1 hr Geene 6
mouses ear girls (Jun '10) 2 hr hardcorejay 313
Dykes having his staff at CO make negative comm... 2 hr ParentofAbusedKid 2
•••
•••
•••