etsu post office stops drug ring....postmaster fired!

Posted in the Jonesborough Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concern ETSU Alumni

Asheboro, NC

#1 Nov 27, 2012
It is a sad day for the faculty, staff and employees of ETSU. Postmaster busts drug thugs and is fired for doing it. Today, ETSU President/Dean and School Officials fired the ETSU postmaster for doing his job! They have put out the word, you mess with our athletic department and you will pay! ETSU Basketball stars were operating a drug ring, using the staff of the ETSU post office, thinking they would never get caught smuggling drugs on campus and then having the gall to try and ship those drugs.....well they show them! Revenue? Political? What is happening to our school? Would they have terminated the players had it not been discovered on campus? This was used as a warning. Don't mess with our Revenue! What about all the other students who were buying these drugs from these guys? Have they tracked them or have they even tried. School officials are worried about basketball revenues, they now will have to worry about Alumni donations and the moral's of the school. Hopefully a lot of parents will see that this is not the place for their children.....punishing long time employees for doing their jobs!!!!! What will they do next. No matter what, we support the postmaster and are glad he took action to try and save all students from drug dealers. Too bad Nolan doesn't see that.
DownLo

United States

#2 Nov 27, 2012
It's ALL politics and politics is ALL about the money.
Sad but true.
Charged

Chatsworth, GA

#3 Nov 27, 2012
DownLo wrote:
It's ALL politics and politics is ALL about the money.
Sad but true.
Are the young men charged still in school and living in campus housing? Considering the last time Cooley's name came up his roomate had been hogtied during a robbery I hope the taxpayers aren't paying these clowns room, board, and tuition while they await trial.

Knowing the athletic department and the stooges in the administration of the College they probably are.
Concern ETSU Alumni

Wadesboro, NC

#4 Nov 30, 2012
The JC paper has an article in the paper today about the termination of the postmaster's position....The ironic thing is that the players are still there!!! The paper failed to mention that the man who gave the order to terminate postmasters employment, apparently has not liked him for sometime and like any small town, politics rule the day. To bad for the all staff members. You would think that 20+ years of dedicated service to ETSU would count for something, but it didn't in his case. We continue to support the postmaster and Pray that the man who gave the order to terminate his employment can sleep at night, and Mr. Nolan also. Our hope is that the postmaster continues to hold tight to his morals and that God has great things in store for him. Remember the drug dealers, still on campus,,,,once a drug dealer always a drug dealer so watch out for your student......hopefully we will be able to get this word out to all alumni and that the ETSU administration will suffer for this deed.
yelp

Kingsport, TN

#5 Nov 30, 2012
ETSU is disgusting. They definitely did this because it was a player. I used to do business with the college, but they are so wasteful and inept, that it was disgusting dealing with them. Talk about government waste. It is rampant there.
Mike

Johnson City, TN

#6 Nov 30, 2012
The individual that opened the package broke a federal law. He was not even a postmaster, ETSU does not have a postmaster. By law he can go to federal prison up to one year because he opened and detained somebodies mail illegally. If he would have turned in a tip about the package then a search warrant could have be upheld but he broke the law. The end result is that he broke the law. The other two individuals have a court case for DEC 20 and which will likely wreck the rest of their lives. By being kicked off the team they have lost their scholarships and thus loose all funding that the school would pay for them to live in a house.
Buccaneer No More

Johnson City, TN

#8 Dec 1, 2012
This is why no one supports ETSU. What a shame for this man to lose his job doing the right thing. Way to go ETSU, just keep protecting your thugs from the hood.
Buccaneer No More

Johnson City, TN

#9 Dec 1, 2012
Mike wrote:
The individual that opened the package broke a federal law. He was not even a postmaster, ETSU does not have a postmaster. By law he can go to federal prison up to one year because he opened and detained somebodies mail illegally. If he would have turned in a tip about the package then a search warrant could have be upheld but he broke the law. The end result is that he broke the law. The other two individuals have a court case for DEC 20 and which will likely wreck the rest of their lives. By being kicked off the team they have lost their scholarships and thus loose all funding that the school would pay for them to live in a house.
You dont know crap. Ive known the man for over 20 years and yes he is postmaster. Who cares if the ghetto boys lives are ruined?
yelp

Kingsport, TN

#10 Dec 2, 2012
Buccaneer No More wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont know crap. Ive known the man for over 20 years and yes he is postmaster. Who cares if the ghetto boys lives are ruined?
Exactly,,,,,those SCHOLARSHIPS are our tax dollars. WE are paying for their education. Give the scholarships to someone who wants an education. Sad to say,,,most of the "administrators" I've met could do nothing if they did not have the "job" with ETSU. ETSU should be funded less with our tax dollars. They waste tons of money.
Goat

Johnson City, TN

#11 Dec 3, 2012
Legalize it then there is NO problem. Bible thumping southerners will never let it happen.
Back the Bucs

Chatsworth, GA

#12 Dec 3, 2012
Goat wrote:
Legalize it then there is NO problem. Bible thumping southerners will never let it happen.
"Bible thumping southerners"?? My guess is that whoever was responsible for tieing up and robbing the basketball players (the first Cooley's name was mentioned in the news) were not "bible thumping southerners." They were likely friends or associates of his. Nice friends. Somehow you're so consumed with hate (self?)you choose to project your disgust on people who had nothing to do with the criminality, the investigation, or the arrests. Being feeled with hate. How's that working out for you?
Goat

Johnson City, TN

#13 Dec 3, 2012
What part don't you understand? Legalize it and you take the crime away. Typical closed-minded thumper.
Booker Phillips

Marion, VA

#14 Dec 3, 2012
Goat wrote:
What part don't you understand? Legalize it and you take the crime away. Typical closed-minded thumper.
I'll take it one step further than "Goat." Legalize ALL drugs and let the drug-crazed fiends kill themselves off. Those who are able to use drugs while applying a modicum of self-control can pay enormous taxes that can be used to fund their eventual failing healths, drug rehab programs, and rising insurance costs associated with the crimes that will be committed to fund their habits.
All other funds generated from the taxes can be used to fund the lengthy retirements of those of us who choose to abstain. Sounds like a no-lose situation to me.
Back The Bucs

Chatsworth, GA

#15 Dec 3, 2012
Goat wrote:
Don't presume to know what my views are because that would mean you're bigoted. My views are more in line with the above poster. If legal it could be taxed. Likely the mentally weak would find another rout to jail and the dealers would be out of business. Also understand that it was under a democrat president and democrat controlled congress that the draconian sentencing laws were enacted. All good progressives and NOT bible thumping southerners. Maybe you are a bigot. Just not a well informed or particularly discerning bigot.
idiots

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Dec 3, 2012
Booker Phillips wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take it one step further than "Goat." Legalize ALL drugs and let the drug-crazed fiends kill themselves off. Those who are able to use drugs while applying a modicum of self-control can pay enormous taxes that can be used to fund their eventual failing healths, drug rehab programs, and rising insurance costs associated with the crimes that will be committed to fund their habits.
All other funds generated from the taxes can be used to fund the lengthy retirements of those of us who choose to abstain. Sounds like a no-lose situation to me.
Yes and when some idiot on dope runs into and kills your family while behind the wheel and high as a kite you won't change your view? And I know you'll say it is no more dangerous than driving while drunk but when we have to build more jails to house all of the "driving while high" morons you'll be singing a different tune then.
Mike

Johnson City, TN

#17 Dec 3, 2012
Buccaneer No More wrote:
<quoted text>
A postmaster is employed by the USPS as a federal employee. Here is the link for the postmaster in Johnson City. http://webpmt.usps.gov/pmt003.cfm

Here is an article to back up my "crap"
http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/News/article....
Booker Phillips

Marion, VA

#18 Dec 3, 2012
idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and when some idiot on dope runs into and kills your family while behind the wheel and high as a kite you won't change your view? And I know you'll say it is no more dangerous than driving while drunk but when we have to build more jails to house all of the "driving while high" morons you'll be singing a different tune then.
I, until recently, thought just like you. But, reality has set in and I am now able to see the big picture. Legalize ALL drugs and the sheer gluttony of these drug-crazed parasites will ensure a "thinning of the herd." Instead of having to pamper these morons in a taxpayer provided prison or rehab program, we can sit back and watch as their lack of self-control compels them to ingest more and more drugs until their feeble little hearts explode.

Aren't you tired of seeing more and more inane laws being passed because people are too stupid to know any better? Should we really need our government to tell us that we shouldn't place into our bodies battery acid, cleaning fluid, lab-created synthetics, altered chemical compounds, and other dangerous substances? Shouldn't common sense dictate most of the drug laws that are passed? I say, "End the war on drugs and begin a policy of population reduction based on personal responsibility."

For those of us who have common sense, life will be a pleasure. For those who don't, they can ride the heroin needles, the cocaine lines, the crack pipes, and the bongs straight to hell for all I care.
lowsdown

Kingsport, TN

#19 Dec 3, 2012
Er, just asking..........what kinda drugs were they? Steroids, opiates, what? Scrip or street? Just asking. Can anyone elaborate?
Buccaneer No More

Johnson City, TN

#20 Dec 4, 2012
Goat wrote:
Well heck lets just legalize everything and then nothings illegal. Robbery , murder, drugs can all be legal. Being stupid like you is already legal.
Uncle Charlie Strong

Duluth, GA

#21 Dec 5, 2012
Buccaneer No More wrote:
<quoted text>
Well heck lets just legalize everything and then nothings illegal. Robbery , murder, drugs can all be legal. Being stupid like you is already legal.
It sounds like you have about the same low IQ average as Back the Bucs. Typical ETSU hillbilly bible thumper. Legize marijuana you stupid imbasols. I bet every one if you rednecks have a degree in social work. Probably on government assistance. ETSU sure is proud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hit Chicks Softball 45 min Need info 1
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 46 min WTSenior 152,499
Outraged At Former School Board Member Chad Wil... 1 hr Need It 7
Reward for Gurneyburger Recipe 1 hr hampton resident 26
Unicoi County Memorial Hospital (Oct '12) 1 hr Dennie 4
UC Sheriff and Commission 5 hr Hank Von 78
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 12 hr WTH 9,481
Jonesborough Dating
Find my Match

Jonesborough Jobs

Jonesborough People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jonesborough News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jonesborough