Blind

Damascus, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

I'm looking for a good church. I was invited to Unaka Ave. Baptist. Is it a good church?
Concerned

Damascus, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

No one go there or know people there who can tell more? LOL
Bert Cummings

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

I think that they might be the Hood Ole Church that BURNED their secretary at the stake when sh misappropriated funds. I saw their true colors when that happened. (if that's them). Look into it to see if that's the one who had the incident with the secretary. If it was, then stay 1000 miles away. They are not based in Christ.
a true believer

Algonquin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

I to know the truth about this church! I think all of us sin but as Christians we r to lead by christ example not by mans! we should always love and forgive! if we do not here on earth who will?
a true believer

Algonquin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

people in this church showed me they are the reason for people not to go to church! I know that God loves me! I hope they look to him who is the ultimate judge!
a true believer

Algonquin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

I can tell u all u want to know!'
Concerned

Damascus, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Who is the pastor? What do they believe?
Is the church full of problems or solid?
Promise

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

Ys, they are the ones who really burned the secretary. They are filled with hate. If you want hate, go there...if you want Christ, goe somewhere else...it's up to you
speaking

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

Promise wrote:
Ys, they are the ones who really burned the secretary. They are filled with hate. If you want hate, go there...if you want Christ, goe somewhere else...it's up to you
The secretary did it to herself. She stole from the church. Granted...the staff should have had better eyes on the books...just like the lady at first Baptist in morristown...over 48 years....took millions ....she did it to herself. Unaka was once an awesome church but I think it has died. Some great pastors come and gone because of certain people in the church. I would recommend....heritage Baptist..tricities Baptist..destination church...these three have good pastors and congregations that love the Lord and love poeople
Pastor

Damascus, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Anyone know anything about the pastor they have now?
knew him

Damascus, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Pastor wrote:
Anyone know anything about the pastor they have now?
If it's Ronnie Mitchell, I knew him. Be very careful. I don't believe in necessarily airing out all I know on here, but he'll never be my pastor again.
a true believer

Algonquin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

I know him well! he is awful he is not a man of God! I trusted him he destroyed me! he has a horrible past! would like to talk to who knew him! I pray for his family they really don't know what they r dealing with!
knew him too

Damascus, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

I won't air out everything I know either, but I can only imagine what 'a true believer' is talking about. Based on your state listed as your isp, he was there a while.
a true believer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

a true believer wrote:
I know him well! he is awful he is not a man of God! I trusted him he destroyed me! he has a horrible past! would like to talk to who knew him! I pray for his family they really don't know what they r dealing with!
I know there is plenty of women that know him for who he really is! I hope they all come forward soon
Are U Kidding

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

Why in the world would anybody in their right mind come to a vile forum like topix to ask for advice on a Church to attend???? Are You totally out of your mind or just stupid???
With the vicious gossip and harassment of people that is common-place on this forum, what would good Christian Church-going people be doing trolling this site anyway???? I think it's a question all of you need to be asking yourselves.
Do any of you know what the Bible has to say about gossips and busybodies?? Maybe you should take another look.
a true believer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

I think we all sin everyday! yes maybe we should know better about what we say sometimes. I just know that what happens to people because as church u put a pastor in the pulpit that should have never been there! I think it should be public knowledge don't u?
Engineer

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Are U Kidding wrote:
Why in the world would anybody in their right mind come to a vile forum like topix to ask for advice on a Church to attend???? Are You totally out of your mind or just stupid???
With the vicious gossip and harassment of people that is common-place on this forum, what would good Christian Church-going people be doing trolling this site anyway???? I think it's a question all of you need to be asking yourselves.
Do any of you know what the Bible has to say about gossips and busybodies?? Maybe you should take another look.
And you are on here because..........
a true believer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Does anyone know why ronnie mitchell was fired from another chuch ?
Lemonade

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

That secretary had a previous embezzlement in another part of the state, the church gave her a new opportunity, and she stole from them. If you want to think the church is naive, fine, but I really don't think you can say they "burned" her and acted non-Christian.

Being Christian does not equal just letting people steal from you without consequence.
concerned citizen

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

a true believer wrote:
Really concerened that this says a horrible past! As this man is involved in our community and our schools. Dont keep everything to yourself if you really think there is something the rest of us need to know. Help us keep our familys safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of51
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Jonesborough Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jonesborough Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••