What Happened to the gifted gun inves...

What Happened to the gifted gun investigation ?

Posted in the Jonesborough Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Law abiding citizen

Charlotte, NC

#1 Oct 4, 2013
What happened to the investigation into all the counties guns that Kent the X-Sheriff gave away as gifts? Is TBI involved?
X Friend of a crook

Charlotte, NC

#2 Oct 5, 2013
Law abiding citizen wrote:
What happened to the investigation into all the counties guns that Kent the X-Sheriff gave away as gifts? Is TBI involved?
IDK if TBI is involved but I do know that the investigation is still on going. Guns are still missing. The county taxpayers were buying the gun gifts that kent was giving away, talk about crooked, what a Sheriff. The sad part of it all is that alot of us had trust in him and he let us all down.
Little phil

Johnson City, TN

#3 Oct 5, 2013
This would be a good project for Nate over at WJHL to look into in detail. While he is at it he could look into the facilitation of prostitution along with the conspiracy to manufacture illegal moonshine . These are all charges that the TBI will never bring because they know a jury will never convict in this county no matter how much evidence exists.
FOX FOX FOX

Boiling Springs, SC

#4 Oct 5, 2013
Little phil wrote:
This would be a good project for Nate over at WJHL to look into in detail. While he is at it he could look into the facilitation of prostitution along with the conspiracy to manufacture illegal moonshine . These are all charges that the TBI will never bring because they know a jury will never convict in this county no matter how much evidence exists.
I'm thinking FOX news should do a story, Bill O'Rielley not just over the gifted guns but also the DOJ money that Kent and his Congressman friend cheated the legitimate victims out of. Think of the officers who have been killed in line of duty that have been denied. And then look at this looser still taking taxpayers money
C Renfro

Boiling Springs, SC

#5 Oct 5, 2013
I hope that they check into Unkle Kenny's guns, wonder how many of them was bought by the county?
Philpot

Lake Worth, FL

#6 Oct 6, 2013
Now that's outrageousness
Snoop Dogg

Johnson City, TN

#7 Oct 6, 2013
Little phil wrote:
Hey yo... We could sure use some of those guns, prostitutes and moonshine out here on da wes coas yo. Some of dat rock creek action yo.. Fo real playa... YO, You's can leave all dat farm animal s@#t at the barn yo. Homie dont play dat
Tea Party

United States

#8 Oct 7, 2013
Guns? What about all the other stuff?
Fort Bragg

United States

#9 Oct 7, 2013
Tea Party wrote:
Guns? What about all the other stuff?
Yea how bout the multi colored building from clear branch ?
Hmmm

Abingdon, VA

#10 Oct 7, 2013
X Friend of a crook wrote:
<quoted text>
IDK if TBI is involved but I do know that the investigation is still on going. Guns are still missing. The county taxpayers were buying the gun gifts that kent was giving away, talk about crooked, what a Sheriff. The sad part of it all is that alot of us had trust in him and he let us all down.
This guy has been out of office, what, a couple yrs now and they're STILL doing an investigation? Sounds like they're not too worried about it and as somebody else already stated, you can't find a decent jury in Unicoi because they're idiots.
Toodie doodle

Rock Hill, SC

#11 Oct 9, 2013
LMAO THIS SHIT JUST KEEPS ON GETTING BETTER!
Tea Party

United States

#12 Oct 9, 2013
Law abiding citizen wrote:
Who got them and what did they do with them?
Friend of Auditor

Blacksburg, SC

#13 Oct 10, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy has been out of office, what, a couple yrs now and they're STILL doing an investigation? Sounds like they're not too worried about it and as somebody else already stated, you can't find a decent jury in Unicoi because they're idiots.
I was told that other equipment was missing when the new sheriff took office. He supposably reported it to the DA. Hard telling what all was given away over the last ten years. I know for a fact of one individual who was given a gun by kent for Christmas, LOL what a genuine guy! Turns out it belonged to the county! It's easy to be generous when you are giving away stuff that's not yours! What a great guy, just like all the other politicians
badblood

Johnson City, TN

#14 Oct 10, 2013
Friend of Auditor wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told that other equipment was missing when the new sheriff took office. He supposably reported it to the DA. Hard telling what all was given away over the last ten years. I know for a fact of one individual who was given a gun by kent for Christmas, LOL what a genuine guy! Turns out it belonged to the county! It's easy to be generous when you are giving away stuff that's not yours! What a great guy, just like all the other politicians
There was. A generator and other equipment but they turned up.
Friend of A Friend

Blacksburg, SC

#15 Oct 10, 2013
badblood wrote:
<quoted text>
There was. A generator and other equipment but they turned up.
I heard that a metal building, night vision goggles, and kitchen equipment, glasswear, other military surplus gone. Don't worry I'm sure that the facts will come out about everything that is missing.
Tea Party

United States

#16 Oct 11, 2013
The "other military surplus"? Now that leaves a lot to the average Joe's imagination. Kitchen equipment? I'll bet that stuff could cook up some DELI cious food!. Just exactly what were those things? I'm sure it wasn't a knife for slicing bread and a cup for holding water. Just sayin.
i heard

Johnson City, TN

#17 Oct 11, 2013
Friend of A Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that a metal building, night vision goggles, and kitchen equipment, glasswear, other military surplus gone. Don't worry I'm sure that the facts will come out about everything that is missing.
that some people took guns while others took generators and used county funds to repair it
In The Know

Abingdon, VA

#18 Oct 11, 2013
I was under the inpression the current sheriff had the generator at his farm..but whatever right
J Springer

Jonesborough, TN

#19 Oct 11, 2013
In The Know wrote:
I was under the inpression the current sheriff had the generator at his farm..but whatever right
The generator was sold at auction,if you want to know about the rest of the stuff,you would need to talk to Uncle Hotrod,Cozy and Jason.
A lot of people got some good deals down at the flea market.
chickpea

Knoxville, TN

#20 Oct 11, 2013
In The Know wrote:
Our current Sheriff does not have a farm. The generator was sold at auction a long time ago. Hope this straightens everyone out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Todd Ganger and Bob Cantler School Board Race 2 hr Beware Taxpayers 3
Firehouse Subs should be in Johnson City!!!!! 4 hr SUBmarine 24
New Life Praise & Worship in Piney Flats 5 hr Concerned christian 26
Kimberly Babb? 5 hr Inheritance 3
DNC Disgrace 6 hr hmmm 5
Terry Ledford (Mar '15) 6 hr Tyuru 69
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 7 hr LosingIt 1,529

Jonesborough Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance