Woman, man charged with using stolen food stamp card

Nov 29, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Elizabethton Star

“The investigation revealed that Anthony Branham and Amber R. Tester used the EBT card to obtain goods from local merchants on five different occasions.”

A Jonesborough woman and a Johnson City man have been arrested and charged with using a stolen food stamp card at several city locations. via The Elizabethton Star

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

maybe they were hungry....
Get a grip

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

pinkitypink2 wrote:
maybe they were hungry....
There are places to get help for hunger, stealing isn't the answer!
Donnie Baker

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

I know...Maybe they could get arrested and get in on the Inmate Christmas Party....It's 'Magical'! Pizza for the offenders, and scratch for the Officers....Hey!
cops wife

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Donnie Baker wrote:
I know...Maybe they could get arrested and get in on the Inmate Christmas Party....It's 'Magical'! Pizza for the offenders, and scratch for the Officers....Hey!
I really dont mean to offend I really would like to ask a question that no one seems to be able to awnser for me. I didnt even know about the Christmas Party until a few months ago and before I feel I can make a solid opinon I would like to know What do you mean the officers got scratch? I really want to understand.
Donnie Baker

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

I mean that last year, Pizza and Movies were arranged for the inmates, and nothing, nothing was done for the valliant Officers that serve and protect this county. Absolutely disgraceful!
Krispy Kreme

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Donnie Baker wrote:
I mean that last year, Pizza and Movies were arranged for the inmates, and nothing, nothing was done for the valliant Officers that serve and protect this county. Absolutely disgraceful!
Thank you for the speedy response. I personaly am on the fence here I feel for the kids it must be so difficult to not have Mom or Dad at Christams, heck not have them at all for that matter and if a few minutes can make a childs christmas better then I dont know, but I truly see what you mean, My husband works every Christmas and Christams eve has ever since he has been with the Department and no one goes out of there way to show him or his fellow officers compassion for spending yet another Holiday with out there family. And some of these very same people and people like them dont really care if My husband ever sees his children agian as amatter of factsome would like to make sure of it. I am just not sure what to think.
Cops wife

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

I belive there are a lot of us that feel that way Krispy Kreme I had pretty musch the same conversation with some one last night , I am a Mom and that promotes compassion for other children I cant imagine not being with mine. But I am a wife and that makes me a little angry I wont have my husband at home this year and his child will not see him but no one thinks much of that except in passing. No parties not even a thank you really.
Donnie Baker

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Krispy Kreme wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for the speedy response. I personaly am on the fence here I feel for the kids it must be so difficult to not have Mom or Dad at Christams, heck not have them at all for that matter and if a few minutes can make a childs christmas better then I dont know, but I truly see what you mean, My husband works every Christmas and Christams eve has ever since he has been with the Department and no one goes out of there way to show him or his fellow officers compassion for spending yet another Holiday with out there family. And some of these very same people and people like them dont really care if My husband ever sees his children agian as amatter of factsome would like to make sure of it. I am just not sure what to think.
Well Said! Consult your local Sheriff, and maybe he will let you help with the Christmas Party for the INMATES!
Stand up

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2007

Contact your local leaders and see what you can do for our officers! Yes it should be up to the leaders to take care of our great police personel, but obviously seeing these statements on here this is not happening. We should not wait for a tragedy like 911 to know our officers are truely HEROS, so do whatever you can to help them know we are proud of them and we appreciate them. Start with a simple thank you to the very next officer you see, then take the time to contact their higher ups and let them know we expect more to be done to recognize these brave people!

To all our law enforcement folks and your families, MERRY CHRISTMAS and THANKS for all you give us everyday. Many of us do know what you are giving up for us. God Bless You ALL.
CC Jail Christmas Party

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

*I KNOW FOR A FACT that pizza was offered to the officers on duty during the Christmas party and some gifts that were left over were sent home with some of the officers for their kids.
* A party wasn't planned for the officers and staff because employers usually arrange employee Christmas events.
*The pizza was provided free of charge to the county and allowed them to save the cost of that meal and let the kitchen staff be off.
*I know most of the inmates have committed some type of crime or they wouldn't be there.(Some are awaiting trial and are not convicted at trial)
*I know that many of the inmates are repeat offenders.
*I ALSO KNOW THAT MANY OF THESE INMATES COME FROM GOOD FAMILIES WHO LOVE THEM even though they do not condone or uphold what they have done to end up in jail. The "Inmates" are our neighbors, family and friends.
* I know that several of the party volunteers are also graduates of the Citizens Police Academy and are helping provide a Christmas meal for the officers and jail staff this year.
*The children are the focus of this event. It is not intended to glorify the inmates or their offenses. The children HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG. They can't help what their parents did.
*Christmas should be about love, forgiving, peace and giving. Consider "What Would Jesus Do?" And what would He have us do?
*The inmates children are not the only ones who recieve gifts and assistance from the volunteers who work with this event. They also help children who fall through the cracks of the DHS system, seniors with no family, people who are trying, but have no extra money for gifts, even the animals at the shelter.
I hope these thoughts help you decide your feeling on the event.
quick

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

FINALLY - someone who knows what they are talking about. Thanks, CC JAIL CHRISTMAS PARTY..and you too, STAND UP. You speak the truth.
As for Donnie B, if you are really concerned and not just blowing hot air...take KK's advice to, "Contact your local leaders and see what you can do for our officers." or "Consult your local Sheriff, and maybe he will let you help ....)" Both good ideas. But, don't help by bringing food. Reading your comments, I be afraid to eat it.
Stand up

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

CC Jail Christmas Party wrote:
*I KNOW FOR A FACT that pizza was offered to the officers on duty during the Christmas party and some gifts that were left over were sent home with some of the officers for their kids.
* A party wasn't planned for the officers and staff because employers usually arrange employee Christmas events.
*The pizza was provided free of charge to the county and allowed them to save the cost of that meal and let the kitchen staff be off.
*I know most of the inmates have committed some type of crime or they wouldn't be there.(Some are awaiting trial and are not convicted at trial)
*I know that many of the inmates are repeat offenders.
*I ALSO KNOW THAT MANY OF THESE INMATES COME FROM GOOD FAMILIES WHO LOVE THEM even though they do not condone or uphold what they have done to end up in jail. The "Inmates" are our neighbors, family and friends.
* I know that several of the party volunteers are also graduates of the Citizens Police Academy and are helping provide a Christmas meal for the officers and jail staff this year.
*The children are the focus of this event. It is not intended to glorify the inmates or their offenses. The children HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG. They can't help what their parents did.
*Christmas should be about love, forgiving, peace and giving. Consider "What Would Jesus Do?" And what would He have us do?
*The inmates children are not the only ones who recieve gifts and assistance from the volunteers who work with this event. They also help children who fall through the cracks of the DHS system, seniors with no family, people who are trying, but have no extra money for gifts, even the animals at the shelter.
I hope these thoughts help you decide your feeling on the event.
You make some Very valid points about these folks in jail and their families, but I simply don't want the pizza designated for the prisoners offered to the officers on duty. I think we as a community owe them a special thanks, so lets all go out and do something special for these women and men that serve us. I do agree the folks in the jail and their families are human and part of our communtiy and do deserve some show of compassion and love, but let us Never Forget the people the keep us secure 24/7.
CC Jail Christmas Party

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Stand up wrote:
<quoted text>
You make some Very valid points about these folks in jail and their families, but I simply don't want the pizza designated for the prisoners offered to the officers on duty. I think we as a community owe them a special thanks, so lets all go out and do something special for these women and men that serve us. I do agree the folks in the jail and their families are human and part of our communtiy and do deserve some show of compassion and love, but let us Never Forget the people the keep us secure 24/7.
I don't understand ??? Not offer them pizza designated for the prisoners? Did you think there was something wrong with the pizza because the prisoners were getting it? And there is a special meal planned for the officers and staff this year. And the officers have always had my thanks and respect. Well, most of them. Like any other group of people, there are always a few who do not earn your respect, that are not there for the right reasons.
Stand up

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

<quoted text>
I don't understand ??? Not offer them pizza designated for the prisoners? Did you think there was something wrong with the pizza because the prisoners were getting it? And there is a special meal planned for the officers and staff this year. And the officers have always had my thanks and respect. Well, most of them. Like any other group of people, there are always a few who do not earn your respect, that are not there for the right reasons.
Do not be silly! I did not mean the pizza was not good enough. You are simply taking my words out of context. I thought you may have some sense after reading your previous post and I actually agreed with your multi-point response (read my response to it!!), but now I see a differnt side of you in this most recent post.... As I first stated in this post, Do Not Be Silly!!! This is about keeping our priorities in order.
CC Jail Christmas Party

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2007

Stand up wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not be silly! I did not mean the pizza was not good enough. You are simply taking my words out of context. I thought you may have some sense after reading your previous post and I actually agreed with your multi-point response (read my response to it!!), but now I see a differnt side of you in this most recent post.... As I first stated in this post, Do Not Be Silly!!! This is about keeping our priorities in order.
I didn't mean to offend you. I just did not understand your comment and I still don't. Why did you say you didn't want the pizza offered to the employees? I wouldn't want to let hungry officers look at a stack of pizza's and not offer some to them. They don't always get to go out or have time to stop for lunch.
just passing

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2007

<quoted text>
I didn't mean to offend you. I just did not understand your comment and I still don't. Why did you say you didn't want the pizza offered to the employees? I wouldn't want to let hungry officers look at a stack of pizza's and not offer some to them. They don't always get to go out or have time to stop for lunch.
The officers were given "leftovers" from the jail. Sorry but I wouldn't feed something to my dog after it has been upstairs in the jail.
CC Jail Christmas Party

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2007

just passing wrote:
<quoted text>
The officers were given "leftovers" from the jail. Sorry but I wouldn't feed something to my dog after it has been upstairs in the jail.
They weren't given 'leftovers', it was the same thing I ate.
Oh Come On

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2007

<quoted text>
They weren't given 'leftovers', it was the same thing I ate.
You have missed the point!! It is fine they did something for the prisoners, but there should have been something special done for the officers. Not just give them pizza left over from a prisoner party as an after thought. It just dosn't make sense that this society feels like we owe our criminals more than the officers who protect us.... I have already agreed the prisoner and their families are humans too and they deserve kindness & compassion, but one can not seriously feel like they desrve more than the law enforcement folks that give You the right to even have an opinion or a safe home to post these comments! Lets make this even easier for you, Officers FIRST, Criminals NOT FIRST!
RIGHT ON

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2007

Oh Come On wrote:
<quoted text>
You have missed the point!! It is fine they did something for the prisoners, but there should have been something special done for the officers. Not just give them pizza left over from a prisoner party as an after thought. It just dosn't make sense that this society feels like we owe our criminals more than the officers who protect us.... I have already agreed the prisoner and their families are humans too and they deserve kindness & compassion, but one can not seriously feel like they desrve more than the law enforcement folks that give You the right to even have an opinion or a safe home to post these comments! Lets make this even easier for you, Officers FIRST, Criminals NOT FIRST!
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ANSWER !
CC Jail Christmas Party

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Oh Come On wrote:
<quoted text>
You have missed the point!! It is fine they did something for the prisoners, but there should have been something special done for the officers. Not just give them pizza left over from a prisoner party as an after thought.!
I did miss the point and that is why I asked the question. I understand now what you meant. As I said before, it is usually the employer who plans events for employees. I thought the county had a Christmas party. Are the officers not included in that? And to be clear about the pizza, it was not 'leftovers' that were offered after the prisoners were done, it was available throughout the day to everyone who wanted it. And to rectify that situation from last year, there is a Christmas meal planned at the SO for the officers and staff this year. It was never about lack of appreciation for our officers, but providing something to a group who would get nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Jonesborough Forum right now

Search the Jonesborough Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min Julia 140,489
Wash Cty Schools (May '10) 1 hr parent 11
Chief Deputy Patrick Littleton is a good-lookin... (Mar '11) 1 hr concerned 16
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WTH 8,896
Post on dykes/Woodward gone Sun Drunkard Vicki 3
Tony snapp. Mr.lawncare Sat Poppa Duck II 34
Kelly Wolfe Sat Unethical 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jonesborough Jobs

•••