well lets see
Cracky Jacky

United States

#3 Sep 7, 2009
Jody Traina
rockinbabies

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#4 Sep 8, 2009
I nominate Randy Layfield. He is surely qualified, and would work with ALL citizens to make Jonesboro what it use to be, or even better. Vote for RANDY LAYFIELD. When is the mayor's race?
jones killer

Doyline, LA

#5 Sep 9, 2009
Please, listen to me voter of the town of jonesboro the best man for the job is Aaron Stringer if he would run. He would work for all the people in this town.
STACY

Ponchatoula, LA

#6 Sep 11, 2009
RANDY LAYFIELD????? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN,,,,,,THE MOON.DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT RANDY DIDN'T LET HIS POOR WIFE GET COLD BEFORE HE IS RUNNING WITH ANOTHER WOMAN.........JONESBORO....... DOES NOT NEED HIM....
STACY

Ponchatoula, LA

#7 Sep 11, 2009
I SAY RENEE STRINGER
joker

Alexandria, LA

#8 Sep 12, 2009
i agree with stacy
FAN

Goldonna, LA

#9 Sep 12, 2009
R. Stringer ROCKS this TOWN...I Hope and Pray that she Runs for MAYOR!!!!!!!!!!
PATHETIC

Deville, LA

#10 Sep 13, 2009
THAT, is EEXACTLY what IS wrong with this town, people and their remarks like that. Jonesboro HAS NO FUTURE, it is a town on the DOWNFALL simply because of all the bitterness that lies within it'self!.........tell me how simple minded and stupid i am, and how god is going to punish me for not agreeing with you, but it is true. God help us ALL!
crude and callous

Monroe, LA

#11 Sep 13, 2009
I can't believe the comments some of you jerks make and get away with. If I were Randy, I would find you and kick your butt just for being such a jacka@@
jones killer

Doyline, LA

#12 Sep 13, 2009
I think you should have been alot more understanding than that, Randy Layfield has children.Your comments are out of place and I think you should say you were wrong. As for the job of Mayor you should look at some one who going to work for all the people and not just a few.That person must first be able to beat Leslie Thompson and neither one those will be able to do that.So you need to look somewhere else because if you don't you will have four more years of the same.
Dreamer

Goldonna, LA

#13 Sep 13, 2009
STACY wrote:
RANDY LAYFIELD????? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN,,,,,,THE MOON.DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT RANDY DIDN'T LET HIS POOR WIFE GET COLD BEFORE HE IS RUNNING WITH ANOTHER WOMAN.........JONESBORO....... DOES NOT NEED HIM....
Shame on you, you shouldn't judge anyone like that & to put that on here. What are you thinking? Randy knows how long it's been, I'm sure he still feels the pain. He loved his wife as she loved him. You don't know what may have been said before this wonderful woman lost her life. Maybe she wanted him to move on or maybe he needed too. Is he supposed to not date or marry again because you think it's not long enough? Who are you to judge this man on anything he does?
Tony

AOL

#14 Sep 14, 2009
Oh, I know someone 4 Mayor, what's his name..........

Oh yeah

Leslie Thompson!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
jones killer

Doyline, LA

#15 Sep 14, 2009
Has Randy Layfield even said that he would run for mayor.Right now if he did, he could not beat Mayor Thompson. Doesn't he work at the Papermill? That means a big cut in pay, and randy still is a young man who has alot of living to do.
Quite concerned

Fort Worth, TX

#16 Sep 24, 2009
I think everyone in that town should wake up! That town is not getting better; it's getting worse and unless ALOT changes there, that town will cease to even exist someday. Not just the mayor's race. Many officials in that town have been in their positions for many many years. It's time for new direction in that town bc it sure isn't working right now!!!If you don't take your town back now, you won't have a town to worry about. It will end up being one of those sad little towns that everyone had to leave! As far as who...I know Renee Stringer has a genuine concern for that town and wants to see it return to a time people was proud to call it home, a time when people didnt have to leave to make a living and at the same time, do what is necessary to bring funds in so that it can grow and prosper!!
smirk

Sunnyvale, CA

#17 Sep 24, 2009
Mark Treadway
diadem88

United States

#18 Sep 25, 2009
smirk wrote:
Mark Treadway
INDEED! Give this town over to one of the REAL heroes that willingly have and will continue to put his life on the line for the citizens of Jonesboro and the surrounding areas!

Smirk, you may be kidding or making a snide remark (heh, re"MARK"...), but I think you may have hit a golden nail, there, buddy.

Incidentally, I have heard that the Clerk of Court's Dusty Hampton is definitely throwing his name into the hat. Any thoughts as to the potential for having a decendant of the original founders of J-town in office?
ontheside

United States

#19 Sep 26, 2009
yall so funny, randy or anyone else wanting to run for mayor can be have and keep a job , look at what it takes to qualify to run for the office, all you have to be is a resident of Jonesboro and not be a covicted felon. and the second thing is Renee, i also think she wants to help the town but she hasnt been able to work with the mayor or any of the other council members. in order to get anything done and to help the town you gotta be able to work with people and this i havent seen her do. If a person cant do a good job where they are at what makes you think her becoming a mayor would make a difference?
on da otha side

United States

#20 Sep 27, 2009
ontheside wrote:
yall so funny, randy or anyone else wanting to run for mayor can be have and keep a job , look at what it takes to qualify to run for the office, all you have to be is a resident of Jonesboro and not be a covicted felon. and the second thing is Renee, i also think she wants to help the town but she hasnt been able to work with the mayor or any of the other council members. in order to get anything done and to help the town you gotta be able to work with people and this i havent seen her do. If a person cant do a good job where they are at what makes you think her becoming a mayor would make a difference?
so, which thug are u? if she don't cova her eyes and play rollova for da boyz she da devil.....get ya $$$ for reppin for da boyz quick cauz they goin fast....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is he back? 59 min Cody 9
Bo Watson 1 hr Busted 4
Electricity is off 15 hr Dude 2
Nathan fair Thu Friend 1
cameron coleman Jul 18 david 1
Ted Nugent for President??? (Sep '09) Jul 17 Eyeballer 12
June prestridge (Dec '16) Jul 17 Gloria 8

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance