OutKast

United States

#21 Aug 13, 2012
Who gets fired this week?

Will pulpmill do the place a favor and quit?

Will annoyed get a raise for the little extra he does?
Red

Jonesboro, LA

#22 Aug 13, 2012
Na Na Na Na,
Na Na Na Na
Good Bye, Mikee, Good Bye

Little late with this mikee - hope you bought that piece of land out at caney and you choke on it - you sorry piece of dog dung - dung beetles won't even touch yours - na na na na - good f'ing bye
observer

United States

#23 Aug 15, 2012
Craft's master plan for Hodge has failed further. New guys brought in have been demoted. Glad somebody is getting rid of his insanity.
Red

Jonesboro, LA

#24 Aug 16, 2012
observer wrote:
Craft's master plan for Hodge has failed further. New guys brought in have been demoted. Glad somebody is getting rid of his insanity.
hope the new guy is community oriented - craft was too good for us!!! bye mikee
miss t
#25 Aug 16, 2012
Who was demoted?
LSU
#26 Aug 16, 2012
miss t wrote:
Who was demoted?
Ford and Hargrave
fed-up

United States

#27 Aug 20, 2012
I have worked @ several mills across the south and I can tell you Mr.Craft was a good manager .Mr. Craft was doing a good job but just didn't fit in.We will be sorry he's gone very soon.His IP management style is much more advanced than what Hodge had .I am glad to have worked for him for the time he was the GM.I hope to be moving on soon as well.
LSU

United States

#28 Aug 20, 2012
Fed-up please elaborate. Tell us what good management moves craft did for Hodge. His IP management style destroyed Hodge AND Mansfield-the mill he was fired from before coming to Hodge. I am sure you are one of his new hirees-so you may get your wish to move on or should I say "please move on".
SNAFU

United States

#30 Aug 21, 2012
Y'all are suppose to be grown ass men yet y'all are just some little cry baby bitches!!! Damn! Grow some nuts n cowboy up for christ's sake!!!!
Red

Jonesboro, LA

#31 Aug 21, 2012
fed-up wrote:
I have worked @ several mills across the south and I can tell you Mr.Craft was a good manager .Mr. Craft was doing a good job but just didn't fit in.We will be sorry he's gone very soon.His IP management style is much more advanced than what Hodge had .I am glad to have worked for him for the time he was the GM.I hope to be moving on soon as well.
Cliint, everyone else is hoping you leave soon, too - mikee is/was a terrible manager - had no idea what his people or the communities were about - knew nothing about the people who sweated for him and could care less - he is as all major corporate morans, "make a buck, make a buck" - the new guy will be tasked with the same plan, however, i hope he "kisses em" and says "thank you" when he has to stick it in
Red

Jonesboro, LA

#32 Aug 21, 2012
SNAFU wrote:
Y'all are suppose to be grown ass men yet y'all are just some little cry baby bitches!!! Damn! Grow some nuts n cowboy up for christ's sake!!!!
big difference in crying and complaining about needed improvements or changes - come on out to #5 before the summer is over and work with the guys a couple of weeks - then you might have the right to call them names - one more thought, bite me
OutKast

United States

#33 Aug 21, 2012
Ya all are all about the community. Then do your jobs and stop the laziness that goes on at the mill. New gm or not, Rock ain't gonna keep this place open 'for the community.'
machine room

Haslet, TX

#34 Aug 21, 2012
Lazy ?, I tell you what, you come follow me around a few days and u promise you wont be able to move when you leave , but if the mill is making money then the rock will keep it open , craft was doing his best to shut it down .
OutKast

United States

#35 Aug 21, 2012
Craft was the reason the mill became profitable the past two years. Hodge was a coin flip away from being shut down back in 2010, I remember it well.
Charles

Powhatan, LA

#36 Aug 21, 2012
OutKast wrote:
Craft was the reason the mill became profitable the past two years. Hodge was a coin flip away from being shut down back in 2010, I remember it well.
I disagree. Green Long was the one primarily responsible for turning the mill around. The controller before him was a nice guy, but way over his head. The GM before Craft was a joke. Anyone coming in after him would look good. Another nice guy, but way over his head. An effective leader has to have the support of the "troops". Craft came in lying and probably left lying. The IP way of doing things works in some places, not so much in Hodge. Not because of laziness (and there is some of that too), but because the people care about each other. There was a time when the mill was 30% or more overstaffed. Employees would get to a point they couldn't do the work (because of age and/or physical ability) and the mill would replace him, but keep him doing "unecessary" work. With today's world much smaller, those things have to go away and the mill has done that to a good degree. Don't judge the mill employees by what you know of a few deadbeats. Craft did eliminate some of the "good ole boy" ways of doing things. Problem is, he brought in his own "good ole boys". All of this being said, the mill is better off and will run much better without Craft. What you will see is a GM who treats all the same. All of his ideas will not be well received, but employees will soon realize that his best tool is his consistency. Most can accept change and procedures that they do not like, as long as all have to follow the same path. The "good ole days" of having 3 or 4 doing a single job is long gone. However, the mill will serve the community well for many years to come. One last comment, the mill was not a coin flip from being shut down. That is nothing but useless jargon started by management, hoping to get the workers to perform by fear, similar to what IP does! Have a good day.
Red

Jonesboro, LA

#37 Aug 21, 2012
Charles wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. Green Long was the one primarily responsible for turning the mill around. The controller before him was a nice guy, but way over his head. The GM before Craft was a joke. Anyone coming in after him would look good. Another nice guy, but way over his head. An effective leader has to have the support of the "troops". Craft came in lying and probably left lying. The IP way of doing things works in some places, not so much in Hodge. Not because of laziness (and there is some of that too), but because the people care about each other. There was a time when the mill was 30% or more overstaffed. Employees would get to a point they couldn't do the work (because of age and/or physical ability) and the mill would replace him, but keep him doing "unecessary" work. With today's world much smaller, those things have to go away and the mill has done that to a good degree. Don't judge the mill employees by what you know of a few deadbeats. Craft did eliminate some of the "good ole boy" ways of doing things. Problem is, he brought in his own "good ole boys". All of this being said, the mill is better off and will run much better without Craft. What you will see is a GM who treats all the same. All of his ideas will not be well received, but employees will soon realize that his best tool is his consistency. Most can accept change and procedures that they do not like, as long as all have to follow the same path. The "good ole days" of having 3 or 4 doing a single job is long gone. However, the mill will serve the community well for many years to come. One last comment, the mill was not a coin flip from being shut down. That is nothing but useless jargon started by management, hoping to get the workers to perform by fear, similar to what IP does! Have a good day.
Does anyone know where mikee went -
cbp

Center Point, LA

#38 Aug 21, 2012
Red you got a crush on Mike? lol
OutKast

Ruston, LA

#39 Aug 22, 2012
CH CH Ch Changes! More coming.
Donny

Jena, LA

#40 Aug 22, 2012
OutKast wrote:
CH CH Ch Changes! More coming.
Is that a David Bowie reference?
Red

Jonesboro, LA

#41 Aug 23, 2012
cbp wrote:
Red you got a crush on Mike? lol
what we do behind closed doors is our business!!(<; Really, was just curious if anyone was crazy enough to hire him. He will bs his way into another mill somewhere, destroy it along with many careers - i will never be around to see it, but he'll get his - everything in life comes full circle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tracey fesmire May 20 Insider 2
Eat May 20 ks 5
Edmond's Sells To Southern May 18 lol 6
Jonesboro Police Department May 18 Gloria 10
browns landing May 16 Gloria 10
what about the quitman store? (Aug '13) May 3 lol 20
Tristan Pittman May 3 Jonesboro 1

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages