concerned mother

West Monroe, LA

#63 Jan 12, 2013
I understand the people who are wanting prayers for the family of this child, but I think it is as important to question this tragedy. If it was a criminal act, there had to be signs of problems in that household that were not addressed that could have change this outcome. It is the parents of young children responsibility, morally and legally, to protect them. Whether the parents should answer for giving access to a loaded gun or, God forbid, a mother keeping children in a unsafe family setting, this must be addressed. Not to demand justice for an innocent child would make us as wrong for sweeping this under the rug. We don't want to see a repeat of this down the road.
CajunGator

Monroe, LA

#64 Jan 12, 2013
Forensics recognizes 4 manners of death: natural, homicide, accident and suicide.

Occasionally, but very infrequently, manner of death cannot be determined. The manner of death is determined based on evidence found during a collaborative investigation among law enforcement, the coroner, and the medical examiner (in this case).

Manner of death and criminal culpability are two distinctly different issues. Manner of death has to do with the circumstances under which a death occurred. Criminal culpability relates to whether or not an individual is responsible from the standpoint of criminal prosecution.

This situation affects every individual who has knowledge of it, in some way--especially those who have children. We may all rest with assurance that The Sheriff and his investigators, along with The Coroner and the M.E. are working diligently to find any answers that they do not already have--if there are stones that are yet unturned. Soon enough, all appropriate information that can be made available to the public, will be made available.

And meanwhile, if we don't know--or if we do not understand the nature of investigations and evidence, perhaps it would be beneficial to the team of investigators, to the school district, to the community, and to the family, if we refrained from writing further public comments about this situation on this forum which is being used mostly for entertainment and to communicate information which may be inaccurate.
concerned mother

West Monroe, LA

#65 Jan 12, 2013
When I am shown that this 8 year old broke into a locked gun safe, took out a rifle, and shot himself then I will pray for his parents. Until then, my prayers are for child and that in his new home in HEAVEN he has peace, love, and is protected by our HEAVENLY FATHER from evil.
i agree

United States

#66 Jan 12, 2013
I agree with "huh", I have a 4 year old that 100% fully understands that when people die they ate gone forever. It is just determined how fully they are taught about it. It is poposterous to think that an 8 year old doesnt understand death. If they walk to the edge of a cliff do they just "jump", no.
If a person has fear it is due to understanding the consequences of the actions relative to the decision at hand.
Yea, an 8 year old, if not younger as in my case 4 year old, can understand death.
Apparently your child must still think a big bird brings babies too!
thatsmomtou

West Monroe, LA

#67 Jan 12, 2013
it all depends on what is going on in the child's life, to be able to understand it. Think about it, 8 year olds in Iraq might understand more than our children because their life is so much different than ours. Now just because we are from the same small town America doesn't mean all of our children understand things the same way. You have to take in consideration environmental and emotional factors. school and family life being the two common factors here.Generally speaking parents try to shield their children from negativity which results in not talking to them about harder things to deal with. Mental disorders are another factor. Just because your 4 year old understands death because of a loved one or a pet dies. Does not mean that your 4 year old understands suicide.
i agree

United States

#68 Jan 12, 2013
In a way, that is exactly what I'm saying. It's all about what they are taught and/or expierence! Thank you.
concerned

Bossier City, LA

#69 Jan 13, 2013
I just want to say thanks to Full Gospel for all the love and support they provided for the young man while he was still on this earth and the love and all the love and support they have provided since. I have personally heard so called christians from other BIG churches talking trash about the family and they dont even know them. Sorry I got that wrong people from other churches. Thank God for all the Special people form Full Gospel. And to everyone talking trash God Dont Like Ugly.
i agree

United States

#71 Jan 13, 2013
Aint nothing like some "Christians" to keep up some garbage rumors! Bunch of hypocrites!!
Doug

United States

#72 Jan 13, 2013
i agree wrote:
Aint nothing like some "Christians" to keep up some garbage rumors! Bunch of hypocrites!!
AMEN
A_Parent

Lecompte, LA

#74 Jan 13, 2013
Wow is all I can say!!! The situation had nothing to do with a school! Wether it be Quitman or Weston!! It's really sad that people take the time to dis on a school when a child had left this world!! Says a lot about you, even if your annonous
miss t

Saint Louis, MO

#75 Jan 14, 2013
I understand the 4 year old sister is having a really tough time with this, so do please pray for her.
Brutus

Summerville, SC

#76 Jan 14, 2013
miss t wrote:
I understand the 4 year old sister is having a really tough time with this, so do please pray for her.
Pray that somehow she can survive her lunatic parents.
Praying

West Monroe, LA

#77 Jan 14, 2013
My goodness at the way some of you think. Lord, please be with these people!
Facts r Facts

Charlotte, NC

#78 Jan 15, 2013
Praying wrote:
My goodness at the way some of you think. Lord, please be with these people!
Do you know this family? I do. This so called father was definitely guilty of statuatory rape when he was in his early fifties and the mother was 15.This man destroyed the parents of the girl and for some strange reason they let her marry him. The grandfather(girl's father) never got to be a part of the 8 or 4 year olds life. This father of the little boy is by most people's standards a pedophile. Had he been a school teacher molesting a girl so young he would have been put in jail. The now 27 year old girl and mother of two treats her own father like dirt and he is a good man.He was a Presbyterian minister until MS confined him to a wheelchair. He wasn't even mentioned in the obituary. That's shameful They need prayers alright, to realize the errors of their ways. Pray for the grandparents. They've been through hell.
reality check

Gibsland, LA

#79 Jan 15, 2013
Honest wrote:
<quoted text>
No 8 year old understands death. You are way off on this. Especially in an era when you hit play again on some violent shoot'em up video game and everything is ready to start again. When an 8 year old steals they don't think they are stealing. Would an 8 year old take a gun into an establishment and stick it while understanding the full consequences the same as an 18 year old would? I say no. Kids at eight wonder why and don't understand a whole lot about life.
. omg.....i am in my thirties and when my grandfather died of lung cancer when I was 8 I knew he wasn't coming back!! I have understood depression since I was 10 and diagnosed and knew suicide was a ending not a restart!!! And Atari was already introduced into my life so even tho its not as advanced as today it was a damn video game and I knew it.....i also at 5 was caught stealing and yea I knew it was stealing otherwise I wouldn't have known to have hid my stolen possession from my parents!!!! Your reasoning is totally screwed up
Brutus

Summerville, SC

#80 Jan 15, 2013
reality check wrote:
<quoted text>. omg.....i am in my thirties and when my grandfather died of lung cancer when I was 8 I knew he wasn't coming back!! I have understood depression since I was 10 and diagnosed and knew suicide was a ending not a restart!!! And Atari was already introduced into my life so even tho its not as advanced as today it was a damn video game and I knew it.....i also at 5 was caught stealing and yea I knew it was stealing otherwise I wouldn't have known to have hid my stolen possession from my parents!!!! Your reasoning is totally screwed up
Atari? You compare Atari with today's video. No wonder you were diagnosed with a mental problem. Reality check needs to be changed to clueless.
I agree

United States

#81 Jan 15, 2013
Exactly my point. 8 year olds that don't understand death shows me one thing.

A child that has, and is being, sheltered to the point that by the time he/she is 15 thry still won't know where babies come from, and still think if you dig a hole deep enough you'll reach China!
Educate your children, bad things are less likely to happen.
stupid

Gibsland, LA

#82 Jan 16, 2013
You all need to be educated and stay the hell off this crap and pray for the family and stop bashing each other you are all childish
Teacher in the big city

Charlotte, NC

#84 Jan 16, 2013
stupid wrote:
You all need to be educated and stay the hell off this crap and pray for the family and stop bashing each other you are all childish
Your comment is so adult and sophisticated. The eloquent words you use have inspired me. They have brought me to the edge of barfing. I am educated enough to know this family has some serious problems. You should pray that somehow this little 4 year old Abigail gets to go to a responsible family.
Brutus

Charlotte, NC

#85 Jan 19, 2013
Is anyone going to be held responsible for this child's death?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
southern kustoms 56 min hello 7
Sublease wanted 3 hr ABC 1
June prestridge 14 hr Kerri waltman 3
News Why 1,000 women from Louisiana are planning to ... Sat Francis the talki... 2
who is krystal jordan? (Sep '10) Jan 16 pawglover420 121
Tobacco Mart Jan 15 WOMSS 4
Good old Goldonna Jan 13 Goldonna 6

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages