United States

#1 Dec 31, 2012
Are they all like that?
Red

Jonesboro, LA

#2 Dec 31, 2012
Mill worker wrote:
Are they all like that?
put the oil field workers with the mill workers and it is hard to tell the difference.
wow

West Monroe, LA

#3 Dec 31, 2012
Without that "oil field trash" you wouldn't have gas for your cars, trucks atv's, air conditioners etc! I personally know some very good people that work in the oil fields and the mill! Maybe you should quit judging people and be thankful they are working instead of working the system like several I know. This trash n mill workers aren't on Medicaid, food stamps etc
Pam

United States

#4 Jan 1, 2013
Wish I had a oilfil worker they make lots of money
hmmmmmm

United States

#5 Jan 1, 2013
wow wrote:
Without that "oil field trash" you wouldn't have gas for your cars, trucks atv's, air conditioners etc! I personally know some very good people that work in the oil fields and the mill! Maybe you should quit judging people and be thankful they are working instead of working the system like several I know. This trash n mill workers aren't on Medicaid, food stamps etc
....what kind of ac runs off gas ?
wow

Shreveport, LA

#6 Jan 1, 2013
hmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>....what kind of ac runs off gas ?
Air conditioners use chemicals that easily convert from a gas to a liquid and back again. This chemical is used to transfer heat from the air inside of a home to the outside air.
hmmmmm

Tucker, GA

#7 Jan 1, 2013
I don't think that is the same kind of gas , if it was then you could just fart in a jar and use that gas .
oooh

United States

#8 Jan 1, 2013
Mill worker wrote:
Are they all like that?
my family is supported by an oilfield worker and we are by no means "trashy" don't be jealous because oilfield workers make dollars while you mill workers are makin pennies.
hmmmmm

Tucker, GA

#10 Jan 2, 2013
I know people that work in oilfield and at mill, and you say mill workers make pennies , well I work at mill and I promise you I made more money than most of your oilfield workers and I only work 40 hrs a week most weeks . The oilfield guys do make good money but they also work 12 hrs a day to.
curious

United States

#11 Jan 2, 2013
They only work 12 hour days but guess what.... They get paid 24 hour days!!
Higher up than most

United States

#12 Jan 2, 2013
Hey hmmmmm,
I bet u didn't, and I only work half the year.
proud oilfield wife

United States

#13 Jan 2, 2013
I have several family members that work at a mill and have for years the may not make "pennies" but they for sure don't make the kind of money that most oilfield workers do! I would say Nichols ;)
Mhmm

Dallas, TX

#14 Jan 2, 2013
hmmmmm wrote:
I know people that work in oilfield and at mill, and you say mill workers make pennies , well I work at mill and I promise you I made more money than most of your oilfield workers and I only work 40 hrs a week most weeks . The oilfield guys do make good money but they also work 12 hrs a day to.
yea work 12 hrs a day for 6 months out the year, whereas you work what 7 on and 2 off or 5 days a week? I think ill take my 6 months off with a little less money and more family time.. Not sayin nothin bad about mill workers i used to work in them mysel but i love my time off with my family
hmmm

Waynesboro, GA

#15 Jan 3, 2013
Mill...Oilfield....Wal mart any job is better than welfare and living off the government so in my opinion anyone working any of them is not trashy at least they are working
proud oilfield wife

United States

#16 Jan 3, 2013
So true! No matter the job ATLEAST they are trying!
lets see

United States

#17 Jan 3, 2013
So what is the average tht a oilfield worker makes ?
hmmmmmm

United States

#18 Jan 3, 2013
I can promise you he doesn't make more on the rig than I make at mill ,
proud oilfield wife

United States

#19 Jan 3, 2013
Whatever helps u sleep better at night... When you actually have money there's no need to talk about it!
lol

United States

#20 Jan 3, 2013
Depending on where you work start out at about 100k a year.
whatever

United States

#21 Jan 3, 2013
who cares where folks work, at least they work and are not making a living on the "system". give the oilfield workers and mill workers a break. I don't care where folks work, at least they are trying to take care of their families.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
laura hogue 8 hr Bubba 15
new workers at circle K 13 hr Amen 2
C.Miles 20 hr Cassyle Bovard 10
School nurse Wed Dodson 1
Malissa watts perry Jun 24 millwright 20
Ronnie Stevenson Jun 22 Page 2
Muslims Jun 21 hillary clinton a... 5

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance