Stephen "Lane" Salsbury

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

West Monroe, LA

#1 Nov 18, 2010
Anyone remember this guy. I believe he used to go to Weston High School and possibly Jonesboro-Hodge. I remember playing baseball with him and going to the mormon church with him. Now he's wanted for murder and bank robbery out of monroe if its the same guy i remember.
yes

United States

#2 Nov 18, 2010
Yes, that is the guy you remember. We went to church together. I haven't seen him in about 10 years though. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the news. But yes, that is him.
Curious

West Monroe, LA

#3 Nov 18, 2010
Just never know who you meet these days. Hard to believe
yes

United States

#4 Nov 18, 2010
My heart goes out to the victims of his crimes and to his family. They don't deserve to go through what he is putting them through. Everyone who has been hurt by this will be in my prayers!
so sad

United States

#5 Nov 19, 2010
i know he has done a terrible thing but i love lane like a brother and this is not the man i know. the person i know is a wonderful friend, family man, and a damn hard worker! the man i know would do ANYTHING for you!! as we keep the victim's family in our prayers please pray for lane and his family. we are all hurting! this isn't the lane we know...
wow

El Dorado, AR

#6 Nov 19, 2010
I know him as well from school, always quiet and withdrawn at times. I hurt for all those involved, and hope they catch him soon before anything else bad happens to anymore innocent people, and for all the families out there. His family are nice people and I feel for them and the innocent victim. Lets show both families our love and respect.
David

Ruston, LA

#7 Nov 19, 2010
It is a shock, he use to drive for us here at DTS in Ruston. He didn't seem like the person to just snap like that. But you never know these days...
shocked

United States

#8 Nov 19, 2010
I was really shocked to hear this. Lane was a very nice guy. Really quiet, but friendly. I think he use to work at CCA. Never in a million years would I have believed he would do something like this. I will keep the victim and their families in my prayers.
coworker of Lane

United States

#9 Nov 20, 2010
so sad wrote:
i know he has done a terrible thing but i love lane like a brother and this is not the man i know. the person i know is a wonderful friend, family man, and a damn hard worker! the man i know would do ANYTHING for you!! as we keep the victim's family in our prayers please pray for lane and his family. we are all hurting! this isn't the lane we know...
I agree...I worked with Lane as his dispatcher, and he was one of the nicest guys I worked with. I am remembering the Lane I knew...not this guy!
franciscus jackson

Lexington, SC

#10 Nov 20, 2010
coworker of Lane wrote:
<quoted text> I agree...I worked with Lane as his dispatcher, and he was one of the nicest guys I worked with. I am remembering the Lane I knew...not this guy!
Ha ha! the screwball killed himself before he could anybody else!! its always crazy azz white people that does crap like that! GOOD RIDANCE TO
good lord

Deville, LA

#11 Nov 20, 2010
franciscus jackson wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha! the screwball killed himself before he could anybody else!! its always crazy azz white people that does crap like that! GOOD RIDANCE TO
well excuse me mr. jackson aren't you the one always posting about the good lord and how you have changed? Hmm... seems to me you need to get some MORE ministring to. BTW white people are not the only ones that are crazy... mental illness does NOT disciminate HONEY!! My prayers go to both families involved in this tragedy.Oh btw I will be praying for you too mr.jackson!
creek rat

United States

#13 Nov 20, 2010
franciscus jackson wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha! the screwball killed himself before he could anybody else!! its always crazy azz white people that does crap like that! GOOD RIDANCE TO
You A$$, you need a good old time A$$ whooping and those shirts shoved up your A$$. I'll be glad to give you one too, just name the place you inconsiderate son-of-a-B*#*#!!!!
franciscus jackson

United States

#14 Nov 20, 2010
He was a robber and a murderer. good ridance to him! stephen, ADIOS!... ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!
christine haskins

United States

#15 Nov 20, 2010
I agree with mr. jackson. only he should have shot himself before he murderd my father inlaw! what are they putting in the water down there in jonesboro? and you losers defeand this crazed killer just because yall once knew him? you people are gullable, and and such bad judgement of character. and knowing what yall know now, you still defend him. unbeilevable!!!!
copd

United States

#16 Nov 20, 2010
why is anyone judging stephen....no one on this earth has that right..
i agree it is a sad situation...for all involved.
all involved need to turn to the one person who can ease the pain and help.. JESUS.
christine haskins

United States

#17 Nov 20, 2010
copd wrote:
why is anyone judging stephen....no one on this earth has that right..
i agree it is a sad situation...for all involved.
all involved need to turn to the one person who can ease the pain and help.. JESUS.
I guess we should't judge bin laden, or hitler either huh? what the h#ll is wrong with you people?
yes

United States

#18 Nov 20, 2010
No one is defending him! They are saying that the Lane that they knew and loved didn't act like that. No one has said that what he did was right. All they are saying is that before this, he had never exhibited any violent outbursts. Why don't you read my earlier post!? I said that the victims of his crimes will be in my prayers and that they did not deserve what has happened to them. In no way am I excusing what he did, but people make mistakes and some people even do horrible things that hurt other people. We are all humans and we are all capable of hurting others. All anyone can do is try to overcome the bad things that have been done to them. So you shouldn't sit on a high horse and talk about the people of Jonesboro because they are grieving too. You may be hurting, but Lane had a family and friends. He has hurt all of them as well. Maybe you should also think about Lane's mother and his family. They are also victims of Lane's crimes and they do not deserve what is happening to them either.
christine haskins

United States

#19 Nov 20, 2010
You dirt bags should have started this stinking post about the VICTIMS THEN!!! But no, yall ramble on and about him and how good he was! wtf? he was a murderer, robber, and a coward!! point blank!! and nothing less!!! you just keep all your happy little thoughts about him, drink your coolaid, and play with your fairy dust!!!! I hope other other scum like him dont find this thread and think when they do the same things he has done that they will be talked so kindly about, and remembered for the "good things" they done! pfft! i pitty you people!! really i do! if hadn't killed himself, i would have loved to have seen him hang from the end of a rope! and from the tallest tree in your pityfull town!!
Jonesboro Native

United States

#20 Nov 21, 2010
Mrs. Christine,
I cannot imagine what you and your family are going through right now. I am extremely sorry for your loss, as well as other that have posted. I also understand your frustrations from reading prior postings. It is extremely rare that something like this happens. Everyone who knew your father in law is in shock, as well as everyone that knew the killer. I don't think that anyone meant any disrespect toward your family. I think they are just trying to wrap their heads around how someone they knew could do such a thing. I am originally from Jonesboro and I know that there are many good people there, just like wherever you are from. I will say a prayer for your family, but I will also pray for the two year old son that has to go through life with everyone knowing what his Daddy did.
FLUBBER 1

West Monroe, LA

#21 Nov 21, 2010
YEA FRANKO JACKOF- YOU PUT THAT DUMB CRAP IN YOUR COMMENTS BUT YOU THINK THE POLICE DONT KNOW YOU SELLING MORE THAN SHIRTS OUT YO HOUSE ON HILL STREET. WHAT AN IDIOT TO BAD YOU WERENT THE ONE AT BROOKSHIRES AT THAT MOMENT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Concerned Citizen about immature posts'. 4 hr ikr 5
salad tosser 5 hr Jgerber 2
movie store on main street 7 hr Lauren123 70
Whitney Shoemaker Mon Really 2
Dodson Mon know 5
Clerk of court Aug 30 no way 14
Good looking Aug 30 Hawk Eye 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages