Singing Kids Raise Money for Teacher

Full story: WXIA Atlanta

This Saturday, the kids from Anne Street Elementary will hover behind a closed curtain, waiting for their big night.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated May 14, 2012
Jim S

Milledgeville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

It's a shame they have a family leave program for new families but nothing for families like this, where they find one is terminal and will not be around much longer. You would think that the teacher's unions, with all their bluster, would have an emergency fund to assist a teacher in this position.

My prayers goes out to this family. It is good that the students are able to do what they are doing.
Sandy Springs

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Jim,
Unfortunately we do not have teacher unions in Georgia. We have professional organizations that we can join and if the need arises they will provide us with minimal legal advice but they do not look out for the individual teacher who has a specific issue unless it is related to the school.
Keith Martin

Ball Ground, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

God Bless a teacher that receives this kind of love from her students!
Tina Mccoy-Baxley

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Indeed, God bless a teacher that receives this kind of love from her students. Coming from an unfeigned and unselfish heart, they set out to do what grown ups do not phathom, and make this teachers, last days enjoyable and worry free, as possible. May they all be blessed.
Amazed

Griffin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

How wonderful that the kids are motivated to do this! My prayers go out to the O'Rourke and her husband. May God be with you. You are truly loved by all that know you!

“losers nit pick on topix”

Since: Jul 07

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

it's good the kids are motivated to do what they can to help their teacher.

God Bless their little hearts.
Fayetteville Georgia

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Bless this families heart. Even with hard roads ahead, turn your faith to God....he will never turn his back and always has an ear to listen to the prayers of everyone, especially those in need.

Bless the hearts of those who care so much to try and give back to those who have given to them and the community.
Cokelady

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Kids, sing your hearts out, cause this is going to a good cause. May God bless each and everyone of you.
My prayers will be with the family.
Errostine Knox

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

God bless, this is wonderful
Jim S

Milledgeville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2008

Sandy Springs wrote:
Jim,
Unfortunately we do not have teacher unions in Georgia. We have professional organizations that we can join and if the need arises they will provide us with minimal legal advice but they do not look out for the individual teacher who has a specific issue unless it is related to the school.
They may not be called unions but they are the same in their purpose and sense. I do know they do offer more than "minimal" legal services and they do go to bat for individual teachers if they feel they have an easy case.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

aww this touched my heart <3

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr The WB 52,175
Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatment at Clay... (Jan '08) Aug 15 Terence Baker 76
Review: Bots Auto Repair And Services Aug 14 LarryBaker 1
Back to school for Metro Atlanta students: Key ... Jul 31 Big Daddy Roy Goo... 2
Prophet Michael Obeng Jul 25 chrichna 3
nasty people only Jul 25 Winniethepoohbear 1
9/11&bin Jul 25 REV CAROL 1

Search the Jonesboro Forum:
•••

Jonesboro News Video

•••
•••

Jonesboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••