Little Rock, AR

#21 Jul 17, 2009
Guess who wrote:
<quoted text>
awww. 2 bad you didnt get with them sooner.. maybe you could be getting some of that 6 million they are paying back to customers from where they were cheating and stealing money from. its all good my service is awsome.. sucks to be you
I bet you I have saved more money since switching to satellite than you will ever get back from suddenlink. Enjoy your service and let me know in several years when they do offer over 100 HD channels like the satellite companies do.
guess who

Lake Charles, LA

#22 Jul 20, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you I have saved more money since switching to satellite than you will ever get back from suddenlink. Enjoy your service and let me know in several years when they do offer over 100 HD channels like the satellite companies do.
lol.. i really doubt that but ok.. and as for the hd channels, sorry but i really dont need home shopping or bible thumping east and west feed in hd. but i guess to each his own.. have fun with that
Jay Wojo

Weatherford, OK

#23 Jul 25, 2009
So Suddenlink man, did that upgrade fix the series recording problem? I am a customer in Amarillo, and NOTHING is fixed here.
Tried everything

Jonesboro, AR

#24 Jul 27, 2009
Ok Mr. Suddenlink rep. Tried your suggestion and it didn't work. I have 12 episodes set to record Saturday alone with "first run only" selected. And my memory is full of reruns I have to delete EVERY day. Gah this is so annoying.
Wannabe Golfer

Brandon, MS

#25 Jul 28, 2009
Interested wrote:
Although I am not lucky enough to switch to dish or any of the others so I have to deal with it, I would love to hear any and all solutions to getting the stupid dvr to stop recording every ep I have set up for the new eps. I have even went to the future recordings and deleted up to 20+ eps due to the fact I have the CSI and Law and Orders and theres ALWAYS a damn marathon on and even with telling it not to record through furture recordings it still records them! I mean hell I tell it not to record them the night before and it STILL records them the next day this is getting annoying I can deal with the ads and the crappy guide but when I am having to watch the new eps that night bc otherwise they'll be deleted for reruns *even with setting it not to record the specific ep until I chose to delete it* it's ruins the whole point of DVR sure I don't have to watch it at exactly nine but if I don't watch it by the time I go to bed it won't be there the next day.. ugh please help!
Go in and delete your current record settings. Power off, then back on, then when you go to set it to record again, set it to record on a caeryain channel and a certain time only. this should fix your problem
Unhappy DVR user

Enid, OK

#27 Jul 28, 2009
Deleting and re-configuring the series recording did not fix the problem of recording repeat episodes for me. Manually searching for and selecting new episodes does work for me.
This problem with the DVR should have been announced as well as the forced upgrade of the DVR software recently. Suddenlink, point me to the right website for news, issues, and changes (I certainly don't know where such useful information is located). If this problem isn't fixed soon, I will join my roommates who swapped their DVRs with TiVo DVRs.
Still hopeful

Lake Charles, LA

#28 Jul 28, 2009
Is the I Guide going to stay for good? I couldnt believe it when they switched from the old guide, which actually at least looked like a post 2000 setup, and now the "new and improved" guide looks like its from the mid 80s. Also, does everybody with suddenlink have the crappy gray motorola hddvr? Is that the only option? We've been w/ suddenlink since they were cox etc., and theyve been using the exact same dvr here for closing in on 10 years probly.
guest101

Georgetown, TX

#29 Jul 30, 2009
Just got off a chat with Suddenlink today (July 30 4:30 CDT) concerning the recording issue and was told that they do have the software problem being discussed here and the date of resolution is still unknown. That does not correlate with Suddenlink Help's post so I hope he knows something the other support people don't. Therefore has anyone found anything that allows the setup of only NEW episodes in a series recording.
MrBreeze

Bossier City, LA

#30 Jul 30, 2009
I have a suggestion that appears to work with my Suddenlink DVR. Go to series recording, the first option only new episodes, make sure that is checked, then below that is a "save" setting. It can be set to save all episodes or save only 1 episode. The default is to save all episodes and that tends to fill it up i've found. Set it to save only one episode. I believe the reprogram or new firmware has an option there that the old firmware did not. Also make sure to set series programs to keep programs "until space is needed" although I do clean up old recordings. I don't know why everyone is insistent on trashing the suddenlink DVR. I have the old morotola DCT 6412 with two tuners and I believe it has 3 ibm power pc processors like the old mac computers, not cheap at all. Also I have two standalone DVRs that I own and they absolute do not have the pure computing power that the suddenlink box does. Also, if you have a vista home premium computer with a tv tuner like I do and an xbox 360, you can use it to program, time slip, and all sorts of things like this through the windows media center extender. I use mine for this all the time. I do not like the new firmware as well as the old and I do think it was made to operate with a device with less computing power, like the two stand alone dvr's I own. But it is not a show stopper.
NEA

Aubrey, TX

#31 Jul 30, 2009
I haven't had any problems with my Suddenlink cable or my suddenlink interent and I get all the channels and interent for $139.46 a month and the only time the price changes is if I order something on the PPV but even then ,my bill is never over $149 and I have lighting fast internet.
So either ya'll don't know what your doing or your ordering alot of stuff that you don't need.
I figured it up I'm paying about $5 a day for cable and internet.I don't think anything can beat that,but if they please let me know.
Roctavious

Big Spring, TX

#32 Jul 31, 2009
MrBreeze wrote:
I have a suggestion that appears to work with my Suddenlink DVR. Go to series recording, the first option only new episodes, make sure that is checked, then below that is a "save" setting. It can be set to save all episodes or save only 1 episode. The default is to save all episodes and that tends to fill it up i've found. Set it to save only one episode. I believe the reprogram or new firmware has an option there that the old firmware did not. Also make sure to set series programs to keep programs "until space is needed" although I do clean up old recordings. I don't know why everyone is insistent on trashing the suddenlink DVR. I have the old morotola DCT 6412 with two tuners and I believe it has 3 ibm power pc processors like the old mac computers, not cheap at all. Also I have two standalone DVRs that I own and they absolute do not have the pure computing power that the suddenlink box does. Also, if you have a vista home premium computer with a tv tuner like I do and an xbox 360, you can use it to program, time slip, and all sorts of things like this through the windows media center extender. I use mine for this all the time. I do not like the new firmware as well as the old and I do think it was made to operate with a device with less computing power, like the two stand alone dvr's I own. But it is not a show stopper.
Its not the hardware of the dvr, its the software though the pace branded one they brought me to replace whichever brand I'd had for tree years does suck as bas as the software.

Most of my problems started with the new guide and grew from there. I've had techs to my house three times since the new guide started compared to just once in the 3 years previous. I've done everything imaginable and it still doesn't work right. i even go to future recordings to stop those i don't need and it either prevents me from setting it NOT to record them or just does it anyway. As soon as I can get time, I getting Direct tv. I'm finished with Suddenlink as far as cable goes. Every time a tech comes it's always something I did or my cellphone did, etc. Nevermind I didn't have ANY of these problems before the new software.

And as far as the idiot posting above me, I pay $154 a month. I know what I order, I know what channels I'm supposed to have and I know I'll be getting more for less money when I switch to direct tv

Since: Aug 09

Enid, OK

#33 Aug 1, 2009
This is a continuing issue with Suddenlink DVRs. I've had three units are all have done this.

Every time I call in I get a different reason for this, list as follows :
1 - no known problem
2 - DVR firmware problem, will be fixed with next automatic upgrade (didn't fix it)
3 - issue with their schedule list, that they can't control (provided by a 3rd party)
4 - firmware did fix the problem, but I have to delete all scheduled recordings and re-enter them, and if that doesn't work then set the recordings to record both first runs and repeats which will make it only record first runs (which is counter intuitive)

I'm trying the 4th option now. But this is retarded. I'm going to send in a formal complaint letter to Suddenlink via email and snail mail, and then try an executive email carpet bomb.

And then if not resolved, I'm moving to satellite.
Suddenlink Help

Tyler, TX

#34 Aug 4, 2009
Hi! My name is Tina and I am with Suddenlink. I saw your post and wanted to let you know that we have recently been experiencing some technical issues with our DVR's and Guides. Please be rest assured that we are diligently working on a solution. I am truly sorry for your inconvenience. Please feel free to contact me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com with any further questions or concerns.
SarahJ

Saint Albans, WV

#35 Aug 4, 2009
Had Suddenlink... Quality, Selection & Service were all VERY POOR !! Switched to DishNetwork... Better Quality, Better Service, More Channels & Costs Less... Just renewed my contract today...
DISH NETWORK ALSO HAS MANY, MANY MORE HD CHANNELS !!! Go talk to the folks at Russell Cellular, Caraway Rd., Jonesboro. Unlike the "know-nothings" at Suddenlink, they can help you!
Kristin W

Houston, AR

#36 Aug 4, 2009
I HAVE HAD SUDDENLINK SERVICE IN THE PAST, MY PARENTS HAVE HAD SUDDENLINK SERVICE SINCE THEY TOOK OVER FROM COX, AND I AM ABOUT TO TURN SERVICE ON WITH THEM AGAIN THIS MONTH (JUST MOVED). I REALLY HATE IT THAT YOU ALL HAVE HAD BAD LUCK WITH THEM. MY MOM AND I LOVE THE DVR. WE DO HAVE SOME SHOWS THAT SEEM TO RECORD ALL THE TIME (ESPECIALLY ONCES FROM DISNEY CHANNEL) BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DVR. IT HAS TO DO WITH HOW THE SHOW IS LISTED.
Roctavious

Santa Clara, CA

#37 Aug 4, 2009
Kristin W wrote:
I HAVE HAD SUDDENLINK SERVICE IN THE PAST, MY PARENTS HAVE HAD SUDDENLINK SERVICE SINCE THEY TOOK OVER FROM COX, AND I AM ABOUT TO TURN SERVICE ON WITH THEM AGAIN THIS MONTH (JUST MOVED). I REALLY HATE IT THAT YOU ALL HAVE HAD BAD LUCK WITH THEM. MY MOM AND I LOVE THE DVR. WE DO HAVE SOME SHOWS THAT SEEM TO RECORD ALL THE TIME (ESPECIALLY ONCES FROM DISNEY CHANNEL) BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DVR. IT HAS TO DO WITH HOW THE SHOW IS LISTED.
Well I'm glad you cleared that up. Guess all those posts about what the problems with Suddenlink are was too long for you to read. Its not the hardware, its the software, which is the guide. When they changed the guide, they changed the way the dvr works. I had none of the problems until they downloaded the new guide. Their excuses all add up to it not being their fault. Even if its a 3rd party programing their guide, they've had more than enough complaints to go to that company and demand a fix. And if it is a 3rd party company that does it, were they not the ones who did the previous one? It worked well.

I'm glad you and your mom love the dvr and the Disney channel. The next time you and your mom are enjoying that dvr, have her take you to the computer keyboard and show you were the "CAPS lock" key is.
anybody

Sulphur Springs, TX

#38 Aug 4, 2009
anybody got this problem with those wonderful suddenlink DVRs. Set it 2 record, next day select the show you recorded to watch and get nothing but black screen for the duration of you program?Did I just get the Stevie Wonder package with mine, or what?
new guy

Lake Charles, LA

#39 Aug 4, 2009
Still hopeful wrote:
Is the I Guide going to stay for good? I couldnt believe it when they switched from the old guide, which actually at least looked like a post 2000 setup, and now the "new and improved" guide looks like its from the mid 80s. Also, does everybody with suddenlink have the crappy gray motorola hddvr? Is that the only option? We've been w/ suddenlink since they were cox etc., and theyve been using the exact same dvr here for closing in on 10 years probly.
be happy with that dvr.. the new pace boxes do not have the recording space and have other issues that have no fix as of now. if it isnt broken and still works regardless of looks then enjoy.
new guy

Lake Charles, LA

#40 Aug 4, 2009
Roctavious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm glad you cleared that up. Guess all those posts about what the problems with Suddenlink are was too long for you to read. Its not the hardware, its the software, which is the guide. When they changed the guide, they changed the way the dvr works. I had none of the problems until they downloaded the new guide. Their excuses all add up to it not being their fault. Even if its a 3rd party programing their guide, they've had more than enough complaints to go to that company and demand a fix. And if it is a 3rd party company that does it, were they not the ones who did the previous one? It worked well.
I'm glad you and your mom love the dvr and the Disney channel. The next time you and your mom are enjoying that dvr, have her take you to the computer keyboard and show you were the "CAPS lock" key is.
WOW your brain must hurt with all the useless crap you sit around and think up..if the issue was just an easy fix boy wonder odds are it would be done, and as for the old guide, it didnt have the software avaliable to do the caller id or the vod. so yea it might have been better but nothing to grow from.. so instead of getting on here and trying to show how smart you are or talking to the bunch of morons in texas, try talking to the girls in the office here and odds are they wont send the box 15 hits and fry the hard drive making you more pissed about it.
anybody

Sulphur Springs, TX

#41 Aug 4, 2009
new guy wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW your brain must hurt with all the useless crap you sit around and think up..if the issue was just an easy fix boy wonder odds are it would be done, and as for the old guide, it didnt have the software avaliable to do the caller id or the vod. so yea it might have been better but nothing to grow from.. so instead of getting on here and trying to show how smart you are or talking to the bunch of morons in texas, try talking to the girls in the office here and odds are they wont send the box 15 hits and fry the hard drive making you more pissed about it.
shows how much you know, they only thing the girls in the office will do is switch out your box and give you the number to the DAs in Texas and tell you they don't handle tech issues outside of installation from that office. Uh installation don't have crap to do with the messed
up software in the boxes. So since the company screwed up with the software they should hafta fix it. its not like we aren't paying for service or anything!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SSI/Disability/Child Support (Oct '08) 47 min tasha wills 190
Kevin Kissee 1 hr Wtf ever 9
foot surgery 1 hr me just saying 6
Whatever happened to Latausha Nedd? (Jan '16) 2 hr WhiteEyeCraker 13
need fun stuff to do 3 hr Ask 4 KAT HORR 4
Married for married 3 hr Ask 4 KAT HORR 3
Demos BQ 3 hr GUEST 20
Proof Hillary Staged Pickle Stunt 6 hr guest 21
Dear Demogaycrat Commies 6 hr I object 39

Jonesboro Jobs