Best Physician in NEA

Fisher, AR

#1 Oct 9, 2008
I am looking for a primary care physician and prefer an internist. Any advice?
TRP

Terrell, TX

#2 Oct 10, 2008
Anywhere in NEA or is there a town you would prefer?
Jboro

Bossier City, LA

#3 Oct 10, 2008
Dr. Ben Owens, Jr. or Dr. Ricky Tate at Clopton Clinic.
PCP8

Lake Charles, LA

#4 Oct 10, 2008
Stay away from Clopton Clinic unless you just want to see an APN. They automatically schedule you with the APR. It takes forever to actually see a doctor. My advice it to find a good primary care physician. There are lots in JBoro and I'm sure people here will recommend some.
Go Bearcats

Alexander, AR

#5 Oct 10, 2008
PCP8 wrote:
Stay away from Clopton Clinic unless you just want to see an APN. They automatically schedule you with the APR. It takes forever to actually see a doctor. My advice it to find a good primary care physician. There are lots in JBoro and I'm sure people here will recommend some.
First Clopton Clinic has some VERY talented physicians and APN's, so should you choose there you will be in good hands. Secondly, there is nothing wrong with seeing an APN for an acute problem. Sure to get established with any physician there is going to be a wait... it's like that anywhere!!
nhff

Lake Charles, LA

#6 Oct 10, 2008
I used to go to CC, but I saw the nurse pract. just about every time. They charge just as much as a doctors visit. I started seeing Dr Ragland at Firstcare. He is a great doctor. He is very caring spends alot of time with his patients. I can make an appt with him or see him during his walk in clinic. I can see him on the weekends too, which cannot be done at CC.
Go Bearcats

Alexander, AR

#7 Oct 10, 2008
That's true. It makes it a lot better when they have an Urgent Care available. There are a lot of great Dr's in our area. Guess it just depends on what you're looking for..
clueless

Bossier City, LA

#8 Oct 11, 2008
Go Bearcats wrote:
<quoted text> First Clopton Clinic has some VERY talented physicians and APN's, so should you choose there you will be in good hands. Secondly, there is nothing wrong with seeing an APN for an acute problem. Sure to get established with any physician there is going to be a wait... it's like that anywhere!!
You don't see an APN at NEA Clinic Family Practice clinics, not so sure about their Internists though...
posterchild

United States

#9 Oct 12, 2008
My family loved Dr. Harris. Too bad he moved to the hospital.
Jboro

Bossier City, LA

#10 Oct 12, 2008
PCP8 wrote:
That's actually not true, depending on which doctor you see. I called last week to make my husband an appt. with Dr. Tate and they saw him that week. If you tell them you need to see the doctor, they will not automatically schedule you to see an APN. There's nothing wrong with seeing an APN for minor problems, though, in my opinion seeing an APN at a quality clinic like Clopton is equivalent to seeing a second-rate doctor like you would see at an urgent care.

Leesville, LA

#11 Oct 12, 2008
new appointments are not generally scheduled with the APNs, only chronic follow-ups. Or at least, that's the way it use to be. Either way, what's wrong with seeing an APN? They have passed a certification exam, have a Master's degree and typically spend more time and do a much more thorough assessment than a doctor.
No APN

Alexander, AR

#12 Oct 13, 2008
Let's compare educations MD/DO vs APN:
APN: 4 years of college then 2 years for Masters 0f which ONE year is spend following around doctors.

MD or DO: 4 years of college then four years of medical school, THEN at least 3 years of residency in their area of specialty. They do mostly follow doctors around in medical schoool but gradually are given more and more freedom. Doctors are allowed to get a license to practice separate from their residency after their first year of residency and completing their 3rd part of three board exams. Big difference, huh...
Maumelle

State University, AR

#13 Oct 13, 2008
Jboro wrote:
<quoted text>
in my opinion seeing an APN at a quality clinic like Clopton is equivalent to seeing a second-rate doctor like you would see at an urgent care.
NOT TRUE! I have seen many qualified, exceptional doctors at the First Care clinics in town.
Go Bearcats

Alexander, AR

#14 Oct 13, 2008
"Second-rate"??? I wouldn't say that. It's just an individuals preference if they do or don't want to see an APN. There is nothing wrong with the Urgent Care docs... that wasn't very nice...
SarahJ

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Oct 13, 2008
PCP8 wrote:
Clopton Clinic has added a couple of new physicians that I hear are very good & they are accepting new patients. They will not automatically send you to the APNs unless you request them.
Just Reading

Ozark, AL

#16 Oct 18, 2008
Dr. Ragland at First Care

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 min Reality Check 37,350
Jesse Ventura Vs. Alex Jones 6 min Guest 2
Abortion 9 min SSOB 14
Mandatory Infowars Video 1 hr Ma sass is a flam... 10
Democrats, Not Putin, Are Real Threat To America 1 hr Man-sass is a gay... 29
CCC Vocabulary Challenged 2 hr Alexia 28
Maggie Benton Miss Arkansas 2 hr Guest 78

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance