First Prev
of 5
Next Last
MustBAMistake

Springdale, AR

#106 Jan 30, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
I can't help but notice all the whinning over this "7000 guns" nonsense. If you want to see them in use, turn on CNN.
There's about 200 of these weapons aimed in the direction of that Alabama gun nut who is holding a 6 year old kid hostage because he's another "the guvernment is coming to get me" psycho.
If you've made any insinuation over the past 30 days that you would fight the government, and/or the military won't shoot one of their own ... you really outta keep the tv on CNN until this is over.
You may thank me later.
SPELL CHECK PLEASE!

They must be pointing them at the ground.
Fo Show

Little Rock, AR

#107 Jan 30, 2013
Well, we've covered a wide variety of issues and, I'm sure this will be a shocker to you all, I have some thoughts on all of them. As to the assault weapons ban, it's a well-intended but a toothless tiger in combating violent gun crimes.

Less than 2% of violent gun crimes annually involve a weapon that would fall under the ban. Of this 2%, a fairly large number of these crimes are gang related and these folks are not likely to be worried about whether they are in compliance with federal gun laws. There are already in excess of 4 million of these guns already privately owned along with high-capacity clips that would be grandfathered in even if the ban passes. In essence, because of the number of these guns already around,it will be only marginally more inconvenient for a would be school shooter type to obtain one.

Sen. Feinstein's goal of reduction by attrition over several years may sound appealing but it will come at a major cost, especially for Democrats. That may sound like a shallow reason but the previous gun ban cost a lot of really good elected leaders their seats & these were people who passed laws that were important and helped people. We're expending tremendous political capital and furthering political division over a ban that has been statistically insignificant in combating gun violence.-continued shortly-
Fo Show

Little Rock, AR

#111 Jan 30, 2013
Getting lost in the chaos of the proposed gun ban are some important flaws in our current policy. A big problem is that legal rulings on mental competency is not making it from state courts into the system where it would be flagged by a background check. Until we can establish a clear criteria and reporting system for issues that involve mental competence or stability that is fed into the NCIS reporting system, we have a glaring hole in the wall. This is not about people seeking help for garden variety neurosis but people who have demonstrated a clear behaviral problem that warrants being recorded and there should be an appeal process for those who feel they have been unfairly flagged on this list.

Also, nothing but lip service has been given to providing greater access to mental health care for everybody. There is a lack of qualified people in this field and it would end up saving the tax payers ten fold to fund a program providing comprehensive psychlogical & behaviorial counseling to the community at large. It could assist schools and has the potential to head of an unlimited number of problems from domestic violence to potential deranged shooters responsible for these tragic school shootings. Funding such a program would drive up the number of people interested in going into the mental healthcare field which would help the problem of a shortage of qualified providers.

It's all worth commissioning a study from a qualified institution to explore the effects of violence in everything from video games to big budget films. We are a violent society so determining if this constant exposure has a defined behavioral effect seems only prudent to me. Also, recommendations for everybody from parents to teachers on the results of any findings has potential to head off problems.

These issues, while having been mentioned in broad terms, strike me as being potentially more effective in helping reduce gun violence than simply instating a specific weapons ban.

Also, to CHM, I agree that our screw up in foreign policy ultimately led to losing our close allegiance of Afghanistan & popular support among the tribal people there. While it was under Reagan's watch, Congress lost all interest in funding all the promised hospitals & schools we'd promised Afghanistan after we'd got what we wanted which was the Russian's asses kicked. That has been a reoccuring the in our foreign policy for several decades; the minute we have we wanted, we lose all interest in other countries we'd been working with. So, everybody in leadership has to share in the blame for that one.
MustBAMistake

Springdale, AR

#112 Jan 30, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
Ronald Reagan actually helped create the Taliban and Al Queda.
In his personal proxy war with the (then) Soviet Union, he used our tax dollars to train, arm, and fund Islamist jihad fightiers in Afghanistan.
Reagan pumped billions and billions of dollars, top secret intelligence, and sophisticated weaponry thru Pakistan's intelligence agency who fathered the Taliban and Osama bin Laden himself.
But righties thinks the US President who killed OBL is worse than the US President who gave him power.
Go figure.
AlGore's wife's grandfather was in on the backing of the 250 thugs and the 20 million dollars that was used to start the Bolshevik Revolution.

This then gave us an enemy to keep the peoples minds off of what they doing with the banks and the money.

So, what's your point?

Little Rock, AR

#114 Jan 30, 2013
MustBAMistake wrote:
No, no, no, in the hands of government officials, fully automatic rifles are "Personal Defense Weapons" by their own admission.
Only in the semi-automatic version that the citizens have and are the source of this legislation, are they referred to as assault rifles again, by their own admission.
Right, which is why all these hypocritical libtards and their Marxist puppet masters who seem oddly silent on this little matter can goFuck themselves.
Fo Show

Little Rock, AR

#115 Jan 30, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, which is why all these hypocritical libtards and their Marxist puppet masters who seem oddly silent on this little matter can goFuck themselves.
Claude, it's time to take the medicine that makes the evil libtards & Marxist go away for awhile. Tomorrow you can go pick out a new gun with a big ole clip and a bayonette and shoot at those Pelosi targets you ordered. Now it's time for happy happy thoughts!
NotSorryImNotLef t

Springdale, AR

#116 Jan 30, 2013
Wonder if I could get away with saying that.
FemaRegion6

Springdale, AR

#117 Jan 31, 2013
Obama is blaming the last president for all the troubles.

Wait, he was the last president.

United States

#118 Jan 31, 2013
FemaRegion6 wrote:
Obama is blaming the last president for all the troubles.
Wait, he was the last president.
Then in that case he's right for a change.
watup

Haymarket, VA

#120 Feb 11, 2013
he sucks has an butt ugly wife that probably stanks to high heaven

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#121 Feb 11, 2013
NO, he is not the greatest president. That's like saying Harsin is the greatest football coach of ASU! He hasn't DONE ANYTHING!!!
Fo Show

Little Rock, AR

#122 Feb 11, 2013
The All Knowing wrote:
NO, he is not the greatest president. That's like saying Harsin is the greatest football coach of ASU! He hasn't DONE ANYTHING!!!
He's gotten legislation passed that prevents my private health insurance provider from being able to call anything that goes wrong with me a pre-existing condition. That, in and of itself is a pretty damn big deal to me! He inherited the biggest mess since FDR and, despite Republicans in Congress opposing anything he's for, has done a pretty good job. He's not perfect but I think he's making the best he could with what he had to work with. Obviously, we see things differently.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#123 Feb 11, 2013
Fo Show wrote:
<quoted text>
He's gotten legislation passed that prevents my private health insurance provider from being able to call anything that goes wrong with me a pre-existing condition. That, in and of itself is a pretty damn big deal to me! He inherited the biggest mess since FDR and, despite Republicans in Congress opposing anything he's for, has done a pretty good job. He's not perfect but I think he's making the best he could with what he had to work with. Obviously, we see things differently.
Obviously!
haha

Marion, AR

#124 Feb 11, 2013
Fo Show wrote:
Getting lost in the chaos of the proposed gun ban are some important flaws in our current policy. A big problem is that legal rulings on mental competency is not making it from state courts into the system where it would be flagged by a background check. Until we can establish a clear criteria and reporting system for issues that involve mental competence or stability that is fed into the NCIS reporting system, we have a glaring hole in the wall. This is not about people seeking help for garden variety neurosis but people who have demonstrated a clear behaviral problem that warrants being recorded and there should be an appeal process for those who feel they have been unfairly flagged on this list.
Also, nothing but lip service has been given to providing greater access to mental health care for everybody. There is a lack of qualified people in this field and it would end up saving the tax payers ten fold to fund a program providing comprehensive psychlogical & behaviorial counseling to the community at large. It could assist schools and has the potential to head of an unlimited number of problems from domestic violence to potential deranged shooters responsible for these tragic school shootings. Funding such a program would drive up the number of people interested in going into the mental healthcare field which would help the problem of a shortage of qualified providers.
It's all worth commissioning a study from a qualified institution to explore the effects of violence in everything from video games to big budget films. We are a violent society so determining if this constant exposure has a defined behavioral effect seems only prudent to me. Also, recommendations for everybody from parents to teachers on the results of any findings has potential to head off problems.
These issues, while having been mentioned in broad terms, strike me as being potentially more effective in helping reduce gun violence than simply instating a specific weapons ban.
Also, to CHM, I agree that our screw up in foreign policy ultimately led to losing our close allegiance of Afghanistan & popular support among the tribal people there. While it was under Reagan's watch, Congress lost all interest in funding all the promised hospitals & schools we'd promised Afghanistan after we'd got what we wanted which was the Russian's asses kicked. That has been a reoccuring the in our foreign policy for several decades; the minute we have we wanted, we lose all interest in other countries we'd been working with. So, everybody in leadership has to share in the blame for that one.
Did you copy and paste to the wrong thread?
qwe

Memphis, TN

#125 Feb 11, 2013
The greatest disgrace of all times.
Fo Show

Little Rock, AR

#126 Feb 11, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you copy and paste to the wrong thread?
Actually, typed it on the wrong thread. One of the hazzards of pulling up more than one thread at a time.

Dallas, TX

#128 Feb 11, 2013
Fo Show wrote:
<quoted text>
Although you try to hide it, it's obvious you are a flaming liberal. You got a little pissy and barked at me yesterday for calling you a liberal, but the above post proves you are liberal through and through.
MustBAMistake

Springdale, AR

#129 Feb 11, 2013
Nah, you think?!?
qwe

Memphis, TN

#130 Feb 12, 2013
Fo Show wrote:
<quoted text>
He has also prevented you from getting the care your will need someday. He has increase the cost of that "private" health insurance. Actually he has taken away many "private" health insurance plans.

He is also forcing those so called "private" health insurance plans to pay for the murder of children.

oDumbo is not perfect. He has taken a situation and made it much worse.

We need more people in Congress that will stand up against his destructive acts. We need to get the obama careless bill repealed.

oDumbo is the worst pResident of all time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what if bacon came from kittens? 5 min Arkansaw 177
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 min Bud 30,437
Liberal silence 7 min Barton Farley 6
Why do Democrats hate cops ? 11 min Guest 12
fired from job 15 min Martin McFlizzle 28
who is your Favorite Topix Poster 16 min Guest 11
Jesus 20 min guest 435
How do men really feel about their mistress? (Mar '13) 54 min jackandthebeans 296
Jonesboro Ar. Topix Hero of the Year - 2014 1 hr guest 90
Jonesboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jonesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jonesboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:14 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:14PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NFL 6:52 AM
Tennessee Titans prepping for possible Jay Cutler deal
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Live St. Louis Score and Analysis