looking for a church that does not sing praise and worship songs

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jan 20, 2013
Are there any left in Jonesboro?? I would love to find a church that sings songs from a hymnal. Please, please no bashing on here. That is not what this about. I am truly in search of a church.
YESYESYES

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jan 20, 2013
Some churches of Christ still sing songs out of a hymnal. Nettleton C of C still uses the hymnal.

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jan 20, 2013
11:00 o clock. First United Methodist.
Harper

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Jan 20, 2013
guest wrote:
Are there any left in Jonesboro?? I would love to find a church that sings songs from a hymnal. Please, please no bashing on here. That is not what this about. I am truly in search of a church.
Jonesboro Baptist Church on Johnson (east): traditional.

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Jan 20, 2013
guest wrote:
There is a church on Forrest Home Rd. named East Side Baptist. All of the songs are from the hymn books. The church has gone through rough times since their Pastor of 30 years passed away 5 years ago. There is a new Pastor but don't know much about him. It is right behind that mall that has Lenny's sub shop and there is a Chinese restaurant to. Good luck with your search!
Just curious

London, TX

#6 Jan 20, 2013
Imanuel Baptist on 141 still does. You are welcoe to join us.
Person

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Jan 20, 2013
I go to a Methodist church, and we sing from a hymnal. I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm in my mid 20's but I don't really get into the contemporary or "Christian rock" type of thing. I find old school gospel songs to be MUCH better. That's just my opinion though. I'm not saying anything bad against them, but I think it's mostly the "mega-churches", more specifically, large Baptist churches, that do the more contemporary style. At the same time, if they have a large membership, they'll usually have a traditional service to fit your preference. So you can find a fit no matter your denomination!

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Jan 20, 2013
Traditional service at Cornerstone UMC.
anglican

United States

#9 Jan 21, 2013
St. Timothy's Anglican Church is very traditional.

http://sttimsrec.org/
IsThisNameTaken

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Jan 21, 2013
The 9 am service at Nettleton Baptist is very traditional. There's also a church at Brookland that's very traditional but I can't remember the name of it. And maybe Prospect Baptist, I remember someone telling me it was very conservative.

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Jan 21, 2013
Guest wrote:
ALL the christian churches are pure Satanic cults. Not one speck of Power of the Holy Spirit in a one of them. They're all carnal minded cults that teach their own brand of demonic humanism. But have never preached the Gospel of Christ, since all believers work miracles, but none of Satan's christian ever do.
Oh Terry, go back to sleep. No one asked you opinion, or lack of..

To the OP, most churches offer a traditional and also a more contemporary service. There are many Methodist, Baptist, Church of Christ, etc. that will have multiple services. The Methodist downtown is a great church. I prefer the more contempory, up beat music that I am familiar with. It's gets me participating and engaged in the service. I'm not much in the hymnals that I learned as a child, but I can see why many people enjoy them. Both downtown Methodist, and Baptist offer both services. I however like Central Baptist the best, and that's where I attend. Good luck in your search. There are several great churches in Jtown.
taxpayer

Little Rock, AR

#13 Jan 21, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Terry, go back to sleep. No one asked you opinion, or lack of..
Oh come on, you know it just wouldn't be right to have a thread remotely related to anything spiritual without TC letting us all know we are christian devils.

I'd be worried about him if he didn't show up. lol
Susan

Little Rock, AR

#14 Jan 21, 2013
Central Baptist Church's 8 am service is traditional.

United States

#15 Jan 21, 2013
Guest wrote:
ALL the christian churches are pure Satanic cults. Not one speck of Power of the Holy Spirit in a one of them. They're all carnal minded cults that teach their own brand of demonic humanism. But have never preached the Gospel of Christ, since all believers work miracles, but none of Satan's christian ever do.
You are the most ignorant person on this forum.

Lake City, AR

#17 Jan 21, 2013
The church in Brookland is New Antioch. Songs are always from the hymnal.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18 Jan 21, 2013
I'd like a church that served cheeseburgers, biscuits and gravy, and Coke Zero during the 2 minute sermon. People wouldn't actually attend; they would mail in a note with a dollar and just meditate at home instead but at the same time of day as everybody else, you understand.

And I'd like a church with a trampoline and wet bar in the foyer.
Ten Percent

United States

#19 Jan 21, 2013
I love church, but I can't afford it. You get kicked out if you do not give the church 10% of your income, and that sucks when you're already struggling to pay your bills. And don't give me that crap about paying tithes before my bills, because I think it's stupid to be homeless just because you paid tithes instead of your rent.
Guest31

Blytheville, AR

#20 Jan 21, 2013
I've heard the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints fits that description.
Sue

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Mar 28, 2013
Guest31 wrote:
I've heard the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints fits that description.
But they praise a false prophet

Bellevue, WA

#22 Mar 28, 2013
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
But they praise a false prophet
you're a false prophet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Surprise, Surprise: Fox News Is In The Koch Bro... 3 min Fo Show 17
Tom Cotton and the era of post-truth politics 17 min Fo Show 32
Monty Python's John Cleese: Fox News Fans Are T... 21 min - - TRIPWIRE - - 29
Debate: Gay Marriage - Jonesboro, AR (Jul '10) 30 min GAYtheist 1,372
some of the crappiest humans go to church 33 min Guest 3
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 59 min southern boy 10,062
Brandon McAlpin 1 hr Guest 16
ISIS: Which Way Do We Go 5 hr - - TRIPWIRE - - 283
High School Party busted in Barrington Park 5 hr Guest 76
Hillary Clinton, a mistake for 2016 (Apr '13) 6 hr guest 3,184
Stephen Hawking Says 'There Is No God' 9 hr Fo Show 56

Jonesboro Jobs

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jonesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jonesboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]