anyone ever use Bruce Jones for gener...

anyone ever use Bruce Jones for general surgery?

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

cason

Bryant, AR

#1 Feb 16, 2009
anyone know good or bad about Bruce Jones located in the same building with the children's clinic? I need a surgeon and was recommended to him

United States

#2 Feb 16, 2009
He took out my gallbladder about 6 months ago. He was very nice and did a great job! Scars are a minimum!
jonesboro

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Feb 16, 2009
Dr. Jones performed my colon cancer surgery and had it not been for him i would have been wearing a bag . Iwas told by some other surgeons that he was the best.

Since: Jul 08

Osceola, MO

#4 Feb 16, 2009
Dr. Jones is a very good surgeon. He removed a lump from my breast 21 years ago and the scar is hardly visible at all.
LAR

Conroe, TX

#5 Feb 16, 2009
Dr. Jones has performed 2 surgeries for me, gall bladder removal and lap-band surgery. He's a wonderful doc and has a great bedside manner. He doesn't pull any punches though...he'll tell you straight up, which is what I prefer. I know several people who have used him in the past and I've NEVER heard a bad word about him. I wouldn't use anyone else.

Russellville, AR

#6 Feb 16, 2009
Dr. Jones is a good surgeon and a good christian man. He does an excelent job. Would trust him in a heart beat!!
The PUNisher

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Feb 16, 2009
I had him before he was a general and he did ok. I'm glad to see he got promoted, he was just a Colonel when I saw him.
The PUNisher

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Feb 16, 2009
Wait I read it wrong, sorry!

I've never spoken to any of the Generals he worked on.
He is a Peach

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Feb 16, 2009
Dr. Jones is the best surgeon. You can be sure he will take great care of you. He is very professional and honest. He will tell you the truth not just what you want to hear. You will not go wrong if you use him as your surgeon. Have no fears that he will do a great job. He did my surgery and I had a great outcome. He will also do good followup care in his office.
Flonkerton

Little Rock, AR

#10 Feb 16, 2009
He's a very nice man (which is unusual for a surgeon in my experience) and seems to be a great surgeon. My only complaint about him was that he's always running 1-2 hours behind on his appointments. Of course, that's probably because he's so willing to listen to his patients. Just be prepared to be there much longer than you would normally wait at a doctor's office & take a book with you to pass the time!

Since: Jan 09

Bono

#11 Feb 16, 2009
Dr. Jones is a nice person but as a surgeon I don't really like him. He did surgery on my mom several years ago and she had complications. He was very rude to her and he just brushed her off telling her she was ok but she never fully recovered and died a year later at the age of 46.
Petunia

Watseka, IL

#12 Feb 16, 2009
I found his bedside manner offensive.
LAR

Conroe, TX

#13 Feb 16, 2009
Flonkerton wrote:
He's a very nice man (which is unusual for a surgeon in my experience) and seems to be a great surgeon. My only complaint about him was that he's always running 1-2 hours behind on his appointments. Of course, that's probably because he's so willing to listen to his patients. Just be prepared to be there much longer than you would normally wait at a doctor's office & take a book with you to pass the time!
That's true. I had forgotten about that. He does take time with each of his patients so he's always running behind. Try to get an appointment early in the morning or right after lunch. Otherwise, definitely take a book! As a surgeon, though, you cannot do better.
agratefulperson

Mountain Home, AR

#14 Feb 16, 2009
My husband's appendix burst and DR Jones saved his life. When he let my husband out of the hospital he told me to keep a close eye on him due to possible illnes from the infection of his appendix bursting and the surgery. My husband was back for an infection and was very sick... again Dr Jones took extremely good care of him and I still have him with me. Big time thanks to this great Dr. And by the way he had a great bedside manner and treated both of us with nothing but respect.
scrub

Lake Charles, LA

#15 Feb 16, 2009
Great surgeon. An even better man.

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Feb 17, 2009
Dr. Jones has done 2 surgeries on me and I have not had any compalaints at all. He removed a very large lump from my breast and warned me beforehand that due to the location and depth, I would have a very nasty scar, but he would do everythign possible to minimize it. 3 years later, the dent inmy breast is still there (lost a lot of muscle), but the scar is not bad at all. He was very professional and very caring. He even noticed a suspicious mole during this time and removed it (thankfully, because it needed to be removed).
Newton

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Feb 17, 2009
Great doctor would use him again!!!

Lake Charles, LA

#18 Feb 17, 2009
You know, if a doctor does a good job, I can overlook some bad bedside manner. When it comes right down to it, he better be a good surgeon first, everything else, second. Also, a small scar does not a good surgeon make!
jack s

Bryant, AR

#19 Feb 26, 2009
I always seem to wait a long time too and his front staff is not overly friendly, BUT I really like him and Dr. Degges. His nurses are great too and seem to really listen.
NoName

United States

#20 Oct 11, 2010
I realize this information is late, but in case anyone else reads for future use....

Dr. Bruce removed my gallbladder last year. He was very attentive to detail, and made sure that I completely understood my options. I had NO questions leaving his office for my pre-op consultation and was confident that I made the correct decision. I was out of work three days and still in pain for several days after that. However, my gallbladder was diseased and in poor shape at the time of the surgery. My mother is going to be meeting him soon regarding her possible gallbladder removal. Obviously our family trusts him!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberals vs conservatives on crime 17 min libturdsRboring 7
Is the office bar finally closed? 27 min Eddie 18
Becky Jernigan (Aug '13) 45 min Jason 3
Fightin Joe Biden for Presdient! (Aug '13) 1 hr Guest 66
Petition To End Topix ===> 1 hr Nigel 39
Who is the leader? 1 hr Disclaimer 1
Who cares about Cecil the Lion? 2 hr Disclaimer 6
Poll Where do you think Disclaimer is really going? 3 hr guest 19
4th red moon 2015 I will be first trillionair (Apr '14) 3 hr Matthew 5 11 15
Countdown to My Vacation 3 hr Disclaimer 92