First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rachel

United States

#1 Oct 31, 2008
who has used a dr. here in town for lap-band? I need a recommendation and any encouragement. anyone had this surgery here in jonesboro?
too fat to move

United States

#2 Oct 31, 2008
I haven't had lapband, was going to then heard disturbing things about St Bernard's hospital?
any one know anything about the hospital?
bonoite

Trumann, AR

#3 Oct 31, 2008
Dr. Bruce Jones is the first to introduce lap banding to this area and he is the best so far. I ave worked over there a few times and saw his work up close. A lap band isnt for everyone. It wont make you magically lose weight. You have a strict diet that goes with it. It seems to me that if you did just the strict diet without the lap band, you would lose the same weight. Call NEA Clinic at their main number nine three five four one five zero ( topix wouldnt let me just type in the numbers lol) and ask to be connected to his office and they will instruct you on what to do from there. Good luck to you.
LapBand Patient

United States

#4 Oct 31, 2008
I am a LapBand patient and I am not pleased so far with my results. I live on salads and tuna and still have lost very little weight. I exercise too. I have asked to have the full gastric instead and am waiting for my answer. I have learnt several other people who have the same results. My doctor is Dr. McAlexander and he is great! He does not do gastric though. He does only the LapBand and the Sleeve. The Sleeve is not covered by insurance. Dr. McAlexander is at the Jonesboro Surgical Associates. He is the bomb!!!
Exercise

Lake Charles, LA

#5 Oct 31, 2008
You dumb pieces of crap!!! Why do you think everyone's insurance is sooo high??? Partly because fatasses like you people can't eat one less cupcake or one less helping of gravy. Here's an idea, eat healthy food, drink water and exercise!!! I know all of you fatties will say i'm being mean but its the truth. I'm sure there will be comments about its genetics or some bullcrap like that. We've all heard that before. You're fat cause you eat too much and don't exercise. No excuse. Sorry.
LapBand Patient

United States

#6 Oct 31, 2008
It is not all about what you eat! Some people have health issues related to weight gain and just looking for that extra help! We pay our insurance so we therefore have the right to use it the way we want. You have to be approved by insurance as well. If you pay for it, use it! We don't live off the government like some that get things for free. Hopefully, you don't have any physical problems that you would need to use insurance for since you seem to have such a poor attitude!
Up and Down

Lake Charles, LA

#7 Oct 31, 2008
Oh my gosh, Sounds like your a doc, But you know people fork out a lot of money to hear what u just said, mean but true,

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#8 Oct 31, 2008
I work with a girl who had the gastric banding with McAlexander and at first she lost some weight. Then she started eating everything she could get her hands on just like she had done before her surgery and she's bigger now than she was before. She finally had her band let out and gave up totally. A big waste of time and money.
exercise

Lake Charles, LA

#9 Oct 31, 2008
mean but true. extra help??? i know its hard not to eat as much as you usually do and its hard to get up 30 min earlier than you usually do and do some walking or situps. i'm saying why everyone's insurance is so high is because of people like you use it for dumb procedures like lapband instead of exercising. i hope lawmakers will put an end to this and push for punishment on of you who use health insurance because you're lazy. i would describe poor attitude as taking the easy way out instead of exercising. i'm right and you're wrong. simple as that.
Curious

Bossier City, LA

#10 Oct 31, 2008
What kind of diet do they put you on after the surgery? I think you could lose just as much weight by sticking to the diet and adding exercise.
Lap Band Patient

United States

#11 Nov 1, 2008
Did she have the band removed? Or just had the saline taken out?
naturalstate wrote:
I work with a girl who had the gastric banding with McAlexander and at first she lost some weight. Then she started eating everything she could get her hands on just like she had done before her surgery and she's bigger now than she was before. She finally had her band let out and gave up totally. A big waste of time and money.
Lap Band Patient

United States

#12 Nov 1, 2008
No you are just rude and uneducated.
exercise wrote:
mean but true. extra help??? i know its hard not to eat as much as you usually do and its hard to get up 30 min earlier than you usually do and do some walking or situps. i'm saying why everyone's insurance is so high is because of people like you use it for dumb procedures like lapband instead of exercising. i hope lawmakers will put an end to this and push for punishment on of you who use health insurance because you're lazy. i would describe poor attitude as taking the easy way out instead of exercising. i'm right and you're wrong. simple as that.
exercise

Lake Charles, LA

#13 Nov 1, 2008
i'm very educated and you think i'm rude because you know i'm right. thanks and have a good day.
Crowbait

Quitman, AR

#14 Nov 1, 2008
exercise wrote:
i'm very educated and you think i'm rude because you know i'm right. thanks and have a good day.
You may have education but you have no emotional intelligence. People can become overweight for all sorts of reasons besides laziness. Illness and motor vehicle accidents can cause some people to become immobile for long periods of time and cause them to gain weight.
bonoite

Trumann, AR

#15 Nov 1, 2008
Curious wrote:
What kind of diet do they put you on after the surgery? I think you could lose just as much weight by sticking to the diet and adding exercise.
The diet before the surgery is strictly liquid, When you are overweight, your liver is much larger than it should be so they put you on this liquid diet to start the weight loss and shrink the liver to closer to normal size. After surgery, you are still on liquids for awhile and slowly advance your diet. Most people i see with it cannot ever eat chicken or most meats.

There is a new procedure that Dr. Jones is doing that is the lap sleeve. it is about as effective as a gastric bypass. If you have alot of weight to lose, it would be a much better choice for you.Look it up on the internet and see what you think.
exercise

Lake Charles, LA

#16 Nov 1, 2008
i'm also emotionally intelligent. you people are lazy and have no idea what real exercise and dedication is. good luck in life trying for quick fixes.
Crowbait

United States

#17 Nov 1, 2008
Being emotionally intelligent means that you have the ability to communicate and interact with people in an appropriate manner. Sorry exercise, but you flunk. lol
duh

Georgetown, TX

#18 Nov 1, 2008
Exercise wrote:
You dumb pieces of crap!!! Why do you think everyone's insurance is sooo high??? Partly because fatasses like you people can't eat one less cupcake or one less helping of gravy. Here's an idea, eat healthy food, drink water and exercise!!! I know all of you fatties will say i'm being mean but its the truth. I'm sure there will be comments about its genetics or some bullcrap like that. We've all heard that before. You're fat cause you eat too much and don't exercise. No excuse. Sorry.
They might can fix their issue with weight. You can't fix your issue with stupid.
Go choke on a doughnut you fatheaded loser.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#19 Nov 1, 2008
Lap Band Patient wrote:
Did she have the band removed? Or just had the saline taken out?
<quoted text>
She just had the saline taken out. It was a very simple procedure.
Missouri Gal

Harrisburg, AR

#20 Nov 1, 2008
LapBand Patient wrote:
I am a LapBand patient and I am not pleased so far with my results. I live on salads and tuna and still have lost very little weight. I exercise too. I have asked to have the full gastric instead and am waiting for my answer. I have learnt several other people who have the same results. My doctor is Dr. McAlexander and he is great! He does not do gastric though. He does only the LapBand and the Sleeve. The Sleeve is not covered by insurance. Dr. McAlexander is at the Jonesboro Surgical Associates. He is the bomb!!!
My mother had the gastric bypass done in the 90's and she lost alot of weight...so much she was on the bordor of starvation because the entering into stomach completely closed up...she had a feeding tube for a month...now she is in the nursing home because of all the mal-nutrition and loss of vitamins..she can't walk because of this she has peripheal neuropathy (spelling)...think long and hard about a surgery of this matter...it can be very dangerous to your health. I also had a cousin to have this surgery done and she died years later from complications due to the surgery...not trying to scare you but you should know the bad things that happen also instead of just the losing weight part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 min Reality Check 36,097
The states Trump's budget would hit the hardest 17 min General Knowledge 18
Dr. Sunil Gera 1 hr Dorinda Summers 1
Fake news 1 hr Guest 16
"hole in the wall restaurants" 2 hr Guest 7
Classified documents show Obama illegally spied... 2 hr MansassisaTrany 4
The Call - The Walls Came Down dodgybizkit dod... 2 hr MansassisaTrany 22

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages