First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jonesboro Resident

United States

#1 Feb 3, 2012
The Junior Auxiliary located in Jonesboro does not benefit children as expected. They should be more sensitive to the children's needs and less caring about their appearance in society. There are children needing help and guidance. Most of the members are more concerned with the gowns and tuxedos worn to events, the steaks and alcohol served. From one active participant to another...it's shameful to see how members will claim to vest many hours on a committee for children and figure a way to get out of commitments or to avoid projects all together.
?

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Feb 3, 2012
Jonesboro Resident wrote:
The Junior Auxiliary located in Jonesboro does not benefit children as expected. They should be more sensitive to the children's needs and less caring about their appearance in society. There are children needing help and guidance. Most of the members are more concerned with the gowns and tuxedos worn to events, the steaks and alcohol served. From one active participant to another...it's shameful to see how members will claim to vest many hours on a committee for children and figure a way to get out of commitments or to avoid projects all together.
I totally agree and they won't let just anyone in the group!! You must have money and to me you figure they would let someone in to help not just to make themselves look good
Parent

United States

#3 Feb 3, 2012
It's terrible the money they collect that's supposed to go to the children is used for themselves. Especially to get intoxicated all night long. I guess they need to toast the misfortunate children.
guest

United States

#4 Feb 4, 2012
It is a grotesque group that is more of women trying to fit in with the "sorority" of 30 year olds and up. Why in the world would you be picky about who can volunteer to help needy children. You have to be voted in just to help our communities kids? Strange. Even stranger is when I over heard 2 members discussing how it sucked that they had to sit with nonmembers at the "charity" ball. Those nonmembers are helping to finance the whole thing. If the members can go out and buy an expensive dress with designer shoes and all the hoo ha to look fabulous just to go to the charity ball and be seen talking to all the right people(social climbing as it is)they could probably help some true children organizations out with just that money. Some people will always try to relive the good ole chasing popularity dayz. Its sad.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Feb 4, 2012
Most of the people who really help out in Jonesboro are the churches and volunteers who do not seek out publicity or an article in Occasions magazine.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Feb 4, 2012
guest wrote:
It is a grotesque group that is more of women trying to fit in with the "sorority" of 30 year olds and up. Why in the world would you be picky about who can volunteer to help needy children. You have to be voted in just to help our communities kids? Strange. Even stranger is when I over heard 2 members discussing how it sucked that they had to sit with nonmembers at the "charity" ball. Those nonmembers are helping to finance the whole thing. If the members can go out and buy an expensive dress with designer shoes and all the hoo ha to look fabulous just to go to the charity ball and be seen talking to all the right people(social climbing as it is)they could probably help some true children organizations out with just that money. Some people will always try to relive the good ole chasing popularity dayz. Its sad.
I've heard some trash the schools where they are volunteering and the kids in them. Nice.
guest

United States

#12 Feb 4, 2012
I think the whole thing is fake and superficial, but we don't have to be mean about how they look either.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Feb 4, 2012
guest wrote:
I think the whole thing is fake and superficial, but we don't have to be mean about how they look either.
Well then don't.
u must hav me confused

United States

#14 Feb 4, 2012
I didn't.
hahhaha

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Feb 4, 2012
The girls of JA are wanna be sorority girls all they do get together and drink and socialize just to get away from there kids for a night once a week or more. They don't even raise that much or even help the community. They are a joke.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Feb 4, 2012
u must hav me confused wrote:
I didn't.
Good. Don't try to tell anyone else what to do on here. We're all free.
Really

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Feb 4, 2012
WTH, let's see your picture. Let us judge you. You sound like a jealous little teenager. Your probably one of those people that cry because the government doesn't "give" you enough rather than working for it.
not fat

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Feb 4, 2012
Really wrote:
WTH, let's see your picture. Let us judge you. You sound like a jealous little teenager. Your probably one of those people that cry because the government doesn't "give" you enough rather than working for it.
Well I'm not a fat azz I can tell you that much and I'm not some fake society person who strives to be in a clique with a bunch or rich partiers. That's never been my style. If you want to worship at their feet go right ahead but I don't admire them in the least.
They are fake and they are the ones who act like teenagers. I'm more secure than to need to be in a club. I outgrew that when I graduated high school.
texting tallulah

Jonesboro, AR

#22 Feb 4, 2012
As with any group of people it is hard to stereotype the whole group based on a few. I have friends in J.A that do quite a bit for the children of the community, but no more than myself and other friends that choose not to do the sorority thing. I have heard that some of them are wild and sleep around but that can be said with any group of desperate house wives.

As long as someone is helping the children who can not help themselves that is good with me.

Most that have never even heard of them. But those who know who they are and what they claim to be it is kind of a joke.
Farmers Wife

Jonesboro, AR

#23 Feb 4, 2012
I have friends in JA that are truly good women who joined for the right reasons. They give their time to children and special needs adults when they could be at home. AND no I am not a member of JA...I was asked several years ago and had 2 small children at home. I unfortunately couldn't commit at the time but am very supportive of what they do.
We are so fortunate to have ladies who willingly and graciously want to help others.
Jonesboro Resident

Palestine, TX

#24 Feb 5, 2012
The organization started for the clothing and buddy groups are not as good as they seem. A lot of the women say they want to volunteer on a project and they don't want to lift a finger. I'm offended they use needy children to go out once a year because it's the only time their husband's might take them out or the only time they get out. I truly feel sorry for them because they are older women who seem desperate at the expense of children.
Really

Jonesboro, AR

#25 Feb 5, 2012
Would it be better if the event was raising money for needy animals, not to say needy animals don't need help too but last time I checked, children are the future of our community..? There is a big world outside of Jonesboro and this type of event occurs all the time in order to raise money for a Charity. Do research call The Learning Center Program and City Youth and ask if JA is benefical for them. I think you will use your time more productive if you feel sorry for a different group of older women, truly feel sorry for the group that will sit on a computer and tear someone down for their looks. Talk about shallow.
One of the Women

Tyler, TX

#26 Feb 5, 2012
No one should attack any person's looks. The point made is being productive for the needs of the children. I've worked on the inside of JA and know a lot of the gals do what they can to avoid projects and avoid completing them. Sad truth. A lot of them talk about each other which I think is so wrong!
looks like

United States

#27 Feb 5, 2012
Jonesboro is populated by terrible, horrible, disgusting people.
One of the Women

Tyler, TX

#29 Feb 5, 2012
Most of the money made for the event does not go for the kids but more for an expensive evening out. At least with other fundraisers they aren't serving the costly martinis and prime steaks. They tone it down. When have one of these poor children been fed a steak or had a nice outfit or dress? Think about it. It's more of a place to be seen and be important because other than that those older women don't get to go anywhere and do anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rausch coleman 1 min potential new hom... 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 33 min Reality Check 40,805
He's cheating but she is too... 37 min guest 3
Friends 53 min Divorced 49
Real Christmas Trees (Nov '11) 1 hr oh yeah 15
Thanksgiving Day 1 hr Idontcook 3
Most annoying person on Facebook (Sep '13) 2 hr Cerberus 29

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages