His dad

His father in law

Other

Undecided

who r you

Little Rock, AR

#2353 Jan 31, 2013
justiceformarc wrote:
<quoted text>True but she is still charged and can be retried up to 3 times before the courts throw the case out completely!! She will go down!
where do you get this info ? the way i understand it is if she is acquitted,(found not guilty), then she could be tried on a federal charge, or tried civilly. this ain't baseball, where the court has to have 3 strikes. when you say "retried 3 times" it is saying that she can be tried 4 times for this. please explain.
justice

Blytheville, AR

#2354 Jan 31, 2013
Bump bump.
law student

United States

#2355 Feb 1, 2013
justiceformarc wrote:
<quoted text>True but she is still charged and can be retried up to 3 times before the courts throw the case out completely!! She will go down!
No she can not. This would be called double jepordy.
stupid

Little Rock, AR

#2356 Feb 1, 2013
This thread is a waste on so many levels.
whole story

Cabot, AR

#2357 Feb 1, 2013
@law student: I thought double jeopardy applies to acquittals? And if convicted, defense can file appeals trying to get reversal, and then retry the case?
justiceformarc

Jonesboro, AR

#2358 Feb 1, 2013
who r you wrote:
<quoted text>
where do you get this info ? the way i understand it is if she is acquitted,(found not guilty), then she could be tried on a federal charge, or tried civilly. this ain't baseball, where the court has to have 3 strikes. when you say "retried 3 times" it is saying that she can be tried 4 times for this. please explain.
A lot of people are saying it only takes one juror. That would be called a hung jury!! They could not decide!! There fore she can be tried again! The only way she can walk is if the jury as a whole (all 12) finds her "Not guilty"!! She can be retried on a hung jury!! Of course the judge could dismiss the case!!
My opinion

United States

#2359 Feb 1, 2013
Just my opinion.... Did she do this? my opinion is yes. Will she be convicted? my opinion is no she will be found innocent. And I bet you the first thing she does is pull theses isp's, especially jfm for civil case that Is COMING!
whole story

Cabot, AR

#2360 Feb 1, 2013
My opinion wrote:
Just my opinion.... Did she do this? my opinion is yes. Will she be convicted? my opinion is no she will be found innocent. And I bet you the first thing she does is pull theses isp's, especially jfm for civil case that Is COMING!
What would be her grounds for filing suit, law student?

Marion, AR

#2361 Feb 1, 2013
whole story wrote:
<quoted text>What would be her grounds for filing suit, law student?
Well- they said 'found innocent' so the basis/charges could be slander, liable, deformation of character, cyber bullying (especially against minors) just to name a few. Of course, for some of those, one must prove harm. But, for some, if she is 'found innocent', the mere allegation is enough to bring a charge.
GuestA

United States

#2362 Feb 1, 2013
stupid wrote:
This thread is a waste on so many levels.
Not. Tell that to the ones who loved Marc.
tell us

United States

#2363 Feb 1, 2013
Hmmm
old gal

Oklahoma City, OK

#2364 Feb 1, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Well- they said 'found innocent' so the basis/charges could be slander, liable, deformation of character, cyber bullying (especially against minors) just to name a few. Of course, for some of those, one must prove harm. But, for some, if she is 'found innocent', the mere allegation is enough to bring a charge.
Well, it's like I learned in school, you can sue until the cows come home, but the question is whether or not you sue successfully.

The burden of proof in a libel case is pretty high on the person who says they've been done wrong. Not sure about the standard used to prove defamation.
GuestA

United States

#2365 Feb 2, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Well- they said 'found innocent' so the basis/charges could be slander, liable, deformation of character, cyber bullying (especially against minors) just to name a few. Of course, for some of those, one must prove harm. But, for some, if she is 'found innocent', the mere allegation is enough to bring a charge.
She has done far more harm to herself through foolish behavior than the statements on this thread will ever do. BTW and she continues.
Hmmm

Blytheville, AR

#2366 Feb 2, 2013
law student wrote:
<quoted text> No she can not. This would be called double jepordy.
I thought double jeopardy (only applied) after an aquittal or a not guilty verdict.
justiceformarc

Jonesboro, AR

#2367 Feb 2, 2013
My opinion wrote:
I could only hope so!! ;)
justiceformarc

Jonesboro, AR

#2368 Feb 2, 2013
She will truly have to prove that what is said against her in her murder case is indeed false!! As the evidence is what I have been stateing all alone!! And she can't do "IT"!!
justiceformarc

Jonesboro, AR

#2369 Feb 2, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well- they said 'found innocent' so the basis/charges could be slander, liable, deformation of character, cyber bullying (especially against minors) just to name a few. Of course, for some of those, one must prove harm. But, for some, if she is 'found innocent', the mere allegation is enough to bring a charge.
I liked the deformation of character part!! LOL
justiceformarc

Jonesboro, AR

#2370 Feb 2, 2013
And any of her law suits will only be a blessing in Marcs parents Wrongful Death suit that is laying on the table at the lawyers office!! He is just waiting on the word GO!!
JMHO

Jonesboro, AR

#2371 Feb 2, 2013
justiceformarc wrote:
<quoted text>I liked the deformation of character part!! LOL
Her character is deformed alright, but not by anything said on here. Must have been a birth defect.
justiceformarc

Jonesboro, AR

#2372 Feb 2, 2013
JMHO wrote:
<quoted text>Her character is deformed alright, but not by anything said on here. Must have been a birth defect.
LMAO!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Tampon 1 min Jesse 5
Arkansas Is A Great State 4 min Barton Farley 20
ar hb 1228 5 min Barton Farley 38
News Former worker accused of beating disabled resid... 9 min guest 15
Tammy May (Nov '08) 10 min Mike 177
Say bye to ole Harry!!!! 18 min Guest 8
Barton Farley and the things he would suck 40 min Guest 11
Hillary Nailed on Benghazi? 1 hr Disclaimer 108
do guys like girls w hair down there (Aug '10) 1 hr guest 205
Why isn't the media reporting that the German A... 2 hr Billy 46