United States

#42 Sep 5, 2011
I visit McAlister's about once a week. I love it! I have answered several surveys that print out on the meal ticket....seems corporate is listening. I have seen a change in some staff members, I had complained about one rude guy...haven't seen him since. I did notice that there was an issue with air conditioning this summer, as we reached record highs, but it was taken care of as soon as someone could get to it....Roaches...never seen any, but I'm sure that they have some sneaking around, as does MOST food places in this town....and I would imagine in LOTS of the homes of posters to this thread!(I don't have any in my home, but you have to CLEAN).......

Jonesboro, AR

#43 Sep 5, 2011
call the health dept

Paragould, AR

#44 Sep 5, 2011
If you are the owners you need to be in the store instead of having some outside folks tell you what you wish to hear. In the coming months Panera will be coming to town. Their quality is outstanding service and cleanliness are great. They will be the competition that will challenge you to fix your store. Yet by that time it will be too late. Ask yourself as the owner can you stand a 30% drop in sales. How can you adjust your Food cost & labor cost to compensate for the loss? Your fixed cost will become a higher percentage of your overall cost. I hope that you take immediate corrective action so that your store can with stand the on slot of new competition.
Five Guys
Wimpys
Cheddars
Panera
US pizza Company
Buffalo Wild Wings
Dairy Queen
While these are not direct competitors they are all competing for "Butts in seats' and these butts will chose the place that gives a great value along with outstanding service and uncomprimising cleanliness( Both of which your store is serious lacking).
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of it. My family and I were in there 2 weeks ago and it's still nasty. Floors weren't swept, bathrooms dirty, window sills covered in dirt and dust, and nasty people working behind the counter. This is by far the worst McAlisters I've ever been in.

Paragould, AR

#45 Sep 7, 2011
Second this!
guest wrote:
If you are the owners you need to be in the store instead of having some outside folks tell you what you wish to hear. In the coming months Panera will be coming to town. Their quality is outstanding service and cleanliness are great. They will be the competition that will challenge you to fix your store. Yet by that time it will be too late. Ask yourself as the owner can you stand a 30% drop in sales. How can you adjust your Food cost & labor cost to compensate for the loss? Your fixed cost will become a higher percentage of your overall cost. I hope that you take immediate corrective action so that your store can with stand the on slot of new competition.
Five Guys
Wimpys
Cheddars
Panera
US pizza Company
Buffalo Wild Wings
Dairy Queen
While these are not direct competitors they are all competing for "Butts in seats' and these butts will chose the place that gives a great value along with outstanding service and uncomprimising cleanliness( Both of which your store is serious lacking).
<quoted text>
Hungry

Jonesboro, AR

#46 Sep 7, 2011
Owner of McAlisters wrote:
We have been aware of some of the problems mentioned in the above comments. We have made changes in Management as well as employees. We have the store inspected quarterly by Steritech. They appear unannounced and inspect the cleanliness as well as sterilization of the restaurant.
All restaurants will at times have roaches appear. We have a pest company that inspects and chemically treats the restaurant monthly. I assure you if a roach appears it will die and will not reproduce.
We have a new menu coming out June 20th please give us another try. I believe you will be pleased with the food as well as the service.
Thank You for your comments. I take them very seriously,
In my opinion, Mcalisters in Jonesboro is one of the dirtiest restaraunts in town. I really am surprised that the owner would allow this to happen...unless the owner is needing to "write off some losses." The last time I was there, the floor , baseboards, windows, and restrooms were filthy. When I say filthy, I mean filthy! There were several tables that were NOT clean. However, there were several employees standing around laughing and drinking soft drinks behind the counter. When the employees take your order at the counter, they just "grunt" at you. It is sad because this once was a great place to eat. I am so disappointed. I love their baked potatos, but I won't go there anymore because of the filth and lack of customer service. Please do something about it if you are the owner OR simply shut it down.
to bad

Paragould, AR

#47 Sep 8, 2011
Some things never change! Owners must have a wade of Cash! To bad but they have given panera the opprotunity to take 50% of their business. Best of luck to you!
Hungry wrote:
<quoted text>In my opinion, Mcalisters in Jonesboro is one of the dirtiest restaraunts in town. I really am surprised that the owner would allow this to happen...unless the owner is needing to "write off some losses." The last time I was there, the floor , baseboards, windows, and restrooms were filthy. When I say filthy, I mean filthy! There were several tables that were NOT clean. However, there were several employees standing around laughing and drinking soft drinks behind the counter. When the employees take your order at the counter, they just "grunt" at you. It is sad because this once was a great place to eat. I am so disappointed. I love their baked potatos, but I won't go there anymore because of the filth and lack of customer service. Please do something about it if you are the owner OR simply shut it down.

Paragould, AR

#48 Sep 12, 2011
Went there last week the worst i have ever had. Girl on the register said. " Wait a minute I be taking your orders afters I gets off the phone". Then while she be takens my orders she yelled to the mananger "Hey which these buttons I be pushing for kids meals", Sorry I be new I not know what i be doing here yet. It be crazy> This is a true account. Store dirty, help very rude and could care less and food was horrible. So the owners will get what they deserve. A big sales tax and IRS payroll tax debt along with vendors. I predict this store will close within 3 months after Panera open. Very appearant owner are not involved or care. Hope thay have a bundle of cash.
to bad wrote:
Some things never change! Owners must have a wade of Cash! To bad but they have given panera the opprotunity to take 50% of their business. Best of luck to you!
<quoted text>

Paragould, AR

#49 Sep 12, 2011
In my opinion, Mcalisters in Jonesboro is one of the dirtiest restaraunts in town. I really am surprised that the owner would allow this to happen...unless the owner is needing to "write off some losses." The last time I was there, the floor , baseboards, windows, and restrooms were filthy. When I say filthy, I mean filthy! There were several tables that were NOT clean. However, there were several employees standing around laughing and drinking soft drinks behind the counter. When the employees take your order at the counter, they just "grunt" at you. It is sad because this once was a great place to eat. I am so disappointed. I love their baked potatos, but I won't go there anymore because of the filth and lack of customer service. Please do something about it if you are the owner OR simply shut it down. If you are the owners you need to be in the store instead of having some outside folks tell you what you wish to hear. In the coming months Panera will be coming to town. Their quality is outstanding service and cleanliness are great. They will be the competition that will challenge you to fix your store. Yet by that time it will be too late. Ask yourself as the owner can you stand a 30% drop in sales. How can you adjust your Food cost & labor cost to compensate for the loss? Your fixed cost will become a higher percentage of your overall cost. I hope that you take immediate corrective action so that your store can with stand the on slot of new competition.
Five Guys
Wimpys
Cheddars
Panera
US pizza Company
Buffalo Wild Wings
Dairy Queen

Owner of McAlisters wrote: We have been aware of some of the problems mentioned in the above comments. We have made changes in Management as well as employees. We have the store inspected quarterly by Steritech. They appear unannounced and inspect the cleanliness as well as sterilization of the restaurant.

All restaurants will at times have roaches appear. We have a pest company that inspects and chemically treats the restaurant monthly. I assure you if a roach appears it will die and will not reproduce.
We have a new menu coming out June 20th please give us another try. I believe you will be pleased with the food as well as the service.
Thank You for your comments. I take them very seriously,

Bull still has not changed went there Friday did not think it could get any worst wrong you should just close now and save yourself alot of cash

Paragould, AR

#50 Sep 13, 2011
agree
insider

Grammer, IN

#51 Jan 24, 2012
Wow, these comments. Management has changed and the new gm has made many changes to the store as well. Roaches, gone. Rude workers, gone. Better food and new sandwhichs all the time. It has improved. The employees clean as much as possible when they are not busy...

Since: Jan 12

Jonesboro, AR

#52 Jan 31, 2012
insider wrote:
Wow, these comments. Management has changed and the new gm has made many changes to the store as well. Roaches, gone. Rude workers, gone. Better food and new sandwhichs all the time. It has improved. The employees clean as much as possible when they are not busy...
Was just wondering... All those negative posts? Then one positive six months later. Is the place still screwed or what?
insider

Aubrey, TX

#53 Jan 31, 2012
Mcalisters has gotten SOOOOOO much better. It's cleaner and the food is better! The workers in the kitchen take pride in what they make now.
muchbetter

Jonesboro, AR

#54 Jan 31, 2012
My husband and I ate there just last week and it was great. The food was good and the store was clean. There we're workers wiping down tables after cleaning them off as well. We did notice a lack in quality a few months back but gave it another chance and were very pleased this time around.
no way

Kemp, TX

#55 Apr 30, 2012
sorry this place will never change. they keep hiring the same bad employees back. the manager say say has worked there off and on for around ten years. sold drugs and everything out of there. but the owners dont care.
mommaof4

Blytheville, AR

#56 Apr 30, 2012
My mother daughter and I ate there this past weekend...the food was great!!! I must have missed the years it was nasty lol.
DELI LOVER

Jefferson City, MO

#57 May 1, 2012
WE WERE IN LAST FRIDAY, WALKED UP TO THE CASHIER, NOT GREETED AND SHE STARED INTO SPACE.. SHE WAS QUITE RUDE. FOOD WAS GREAT, HOWEVER, NO COMPLAINT THERE. BATHROOM WAS PRETTY DIRTY AND THE CHECKLIST ON THE DOOR LOOKED LIKE NO ONE HAD BEEN IN SINCE THE DAY BEFORE..
DoWhat

Trumann, AR

#58 May 1, 2012
not trying to highjack the thread,but,have you ever been in the women's BR of Tractor Supply? You'd appreciate a "pretty dirty" bathroom if you had! FILTHY.
Saysay

Euless, TX

#59 May 7, 2012
no way wrote:
sorry this place will never change. they keep hiring the same bad employees back. the manager say say has worked there off and on for around ten years. sold drugs and everything out of there. but the owners dont care.
I know my faults, I'm still living to correct my faults.... I'll pray for ya.
Just wondering

Jonesboro, AR

#60 Jul 19, 2013
Artofwar wrote:
<quoted text>.
Okay so your judging the restaurants by the vehicles workers drive? Look at it this way; would you rather see the owner of the car at a place of employment or would you rather see the car at your at your Childs softball games, owner of the mercury on 22 in rims which yes are bigger than most vehicles tires earning a living off of your hard earned money that you past to your kids in which it would get past to the owner of the good looking car which is a expression of things they like, you should be happy that they where at work you jack ass and not dealing drugs, hurting people, causing problems; how shallow are you really? Brighten up cuz I know personally if you go to omars, brick, fuji,, creegans, skinny js you are going to see nice cars with rims etc. Sooo next time be thankful that there are still members of society that work for a livin and buy there big rims, tvs and such with hard earned money and not dealing drug and/or causing problems!!! Try not be soo judgemental cause it does bite you in the ass; as I just showed!:) have a nice day!
Bullshit not all of them are just working members of society they also deal drugs on the side.
Surprised

Jonesboro, AR

#61 Jul 19, 2013
I didn't think a place could go from bad to worse so fast the place is just falling apart and after 8pm it looks deserted most of the time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists 12 min Dunwich Horror 38
Jesus 1 hr Dunwich Horror 558
what factories are hiring? 1 hr help 6
How About This 'Baggers ? 1 hr Guest 47
Liberal silence 3 hr Sacred Trey Resur... 156
KAIT commercial about new tv station 3 hr I say 8
what if bacon came from kittens? 4 hr Fo Show 322
Jonesboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web