First Prev
of 4
Next Last
MRS BUSH

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jun 1, 2011
HAS ANYONE BEEN IN THERE? I HEAR THEY HAVE ROACHES...MY FRIEND SAID HER AND HER FAMILY WENT AND IT WAS A ROACH ON THEIR TABLE...I THINK I WILL PASS..THEY PROBABLY CAME FROM THE WORKERS SINCE I HEAR THEY ARE ALL BLACK AND SLOPPY
Xmpp

United States

#2 Jun 1, 2011
is ur bush big

United States

#3 Jun 2, 2011
A friend of mine said that they were working on cabinets there and that it was infested with roaches. This was a little while back though but since I've read that, I've not been in there. He had no reason to lie about it
CEM

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Jun 2, 2011
I went there a few months ago and the food was terrible. We waited forever for our food. It used to be so good but now it sucks.
Nicole

Dallas, TX

#6 Jun 3, 2011
If your worried about roaches, don't eat out anywhere. Ever.
ummm

Trumann, AR

#7 Jun 3, 2011
CEM wrote:
I went there a few months ago and the food was terrible. We waited forever for our food. It used to be so good but now it sucks.
Agree 100%. The food now is sloppy and gross. Service was poor also. Years ago we were regulars and loved it.
Disgusted ex patron

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Jun 4, 2011
The last time I went I watched one of the employees sneeze into his hands. I expected that he was turning to the sink to wash them, but instead grabbed two orders to deliver to a customer's table. I promptly informed the manager, and haven't been back since.

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Jun 4, 2011
I COMPLAINED TO MANAGEMENT A FEW MONTHS AGO HOPING FOR A CHANGE. THE RESTAURANT IS DIRTY AND SO IS THE BATHROOM. I gave McAlister's another chance after complaining and nothing has changed. I would not doubt they have roaches although I have not seen one. I think the racist comment was uncalled for and YES I am white. I will not be going back there either. This used to be a great place to eat. Its so sad to watch the place run down because I really think they have great tea but so does Sonic and San Francisco Bread.
ex-customer

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Jun 5, 2011
I don't know what it's like today because I went there with a friend about a year ago and the food that I ordered was about one-third the portion size that it used to be, was even more expensive, and was no where near as good. My friend agreed. Neither one of us has been back since.

We used to go there about several times a month. Not anymore.
just saying

Blytheville, AR

#11 Jun 5, 2011
give corporate a hollar if you are not happy with their service or food.

http://www.mcalistersdeli.com/talktous/
mdw

United States

#12 Jun 5, 2011
The passed few times I have been in there it has this damp mold smell to the place. I have often wondered why the place had that smell.untilled.I took a look up at the ceiling tiles. I noticed that alot of them had water stains that was showing signs of mold. I guess from a leaking roof or air conditioner.

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Jun 10, 2011
If you contact corporate they just send it back to the owner in Jonesboro and he won't do anything. They are all franchises. Worth a try I guess...
just saying

Blytheville, AR

#14 Jun 11, 2011
Guest wrote:
If you contact corporate they just send it back to the owner in Jonesboro and he won't do anything. They are all franchises. Worth a try I guess...
get enough complaints corporate will do something - complaints from corporate are harder to ignore. or are you affiliated with the local mcalisters and trying to stop customers from going to corporate.

Alexander, AR

#15 Jun 11, 2011
mdw wrote:
The passed few times I have been in there it has this damp mold smell to the place. I have often wondered why the place had that smell.untilled.I took a look up at the ceiling tiles. I noticed that alot of them had water stains that was showing signs of mold. I guess from a leaking roof or air conditioner.
Learn to spell!
Kitkat

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Jun 11, 2011
A lot of times Corporate will only talk to the manager. And of course the manager will lie to protect his ass. I used to date someone who worked at a mcalisters and that place was shit also. Better food though, but the management was shit. People would report it, but the workers who were involved would get fired.
Lilly

United States

#17 Jun 12, 2011
There's a cute guy named Shaun who works there :)
His brother is one of the managers.
Softball Dad

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Jun 13, 2011
We made the mistake of going there about a week ago. Terrible place. We hadn't been in years because of the rapid decline in service and the less than appealing staff.

Several years ago the place was ran by a bunch of good looking college kids and was always clean and bright.

Now it's just musty and yucky. You get the feeling most of the employees are on parole and itching to do something to your food.

The day we went the air conditioner was broken. We should have turned around and walked out. Terrible terrible place. We will never ever go back until there is a huge article in the Sun about new ownership showing clean smiling people working there and I hear about a thousand recommendations.

After all, it is Jonesboro and if it's not a Mexican place or a Buffett they're actually paying minimum wage and can't keep a decent staff.
owns

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Jun 13, 2011
who owns the building anyway? i bet it is a cooper construction building if it is in bad shape and leaks everywhere. None of coopers building are any good and they all leak. look at the skating rink, tamollys and manymore he owns around town
Court

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Jun 13, 2011
My ex works there! Or did. Complained about roaches too
Owner of McAlisters

Jacksonville, AR

#21 Jun 13, 2011
We have been aware of some of the problems mentioned in the above comments. We have made changes in Management as well as employees. We have the store inspected quarterly by Steritech. They appear unannounced and inspect the cleanliness as well as sterilization of the restaurant.

All restaurants will at times have roaches appear. We have a pest company that inspects and chemically treats the restaurant monthly. I assure you if a roach appears it will die and will not reproduce.

We have a new menu coming out June 20th please give us another try. I believe you will be pleased with the food as well as the service.

Thank You for your comments. I take them very seriously,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$26 million dollar stadium add on? 40 min guest 28
Valley view (Sep '15) 1 hr stop being stupid 16
Brandon Pankey 2 hr Guest 13
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr --Bad Dad-- 40,909
Brittany Farmer 3 hr Bonfire buddy 1
ASU and Fayetville are consolidating football t... 4 hr interesting 3
Friends 5 hr Divorced 52

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance